Woh Royale for 2-20-19: Yes, some are still playing '18!

124Next

Comments

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Jed's hit rating is lower than ted's but his power rating is higher.
    In my humble opinion, for 5.9-5.10 you are better off having more power than hitting. For the rare chance that you get a good sequence of fastballs, you are better server with a guy hitting HRs, 3B or 2B instead of more singles and then 1-2 extra bases. Then again, this is just my opinion.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    So Jed might be the better hitter for 5-10? I’ll experiment on Monday and maybe figure it out
  • cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    So Jed might be the better hitter for 5-10? I’ll experiment on Monday and maybe figure it out
    I have both Jed and Ted. After getting lowrie I used him as my 5-8 guy. That’s where I would recommend him. I have him at 14 for both skills. Both Jed and Ted are really good but vs a righty I still prefer Ted. Versus a lefty at 5-10 I probably go Jed over kemp or goldy 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    5-8 though, like most level 5 high levels, can and does change frequently.  So even though he's a one size fits all player,  Jed isn't going to be a one size fits all solution and his best spot will vary from team to team depending on other options and where the other options match up best.  

Jed may be a 5-7 or 5-8 hero on some teams and be the best options every week for 5-10 on others.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    For me once he’s leveled (Diamond 4 currently) he’s my best option vs RH and would be a top 2 or 3 option vs LHP, I like power vs soft tossers and pure hitters vs more power pitcher types.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The royale box was tailor made for Diamond players and allowed them to reasonably cap a great WoH player. Honestly, I wouldn't have been too excited if I was still platinum. As is, I was through the moon when I was able to cap both Goldy and in particular, Jed. He's dynamic in Diamond. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BlueOx8BlueOx8 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Had 6 cycles but extremely frustrated at all the fastballs down the middle that turn into dribblers.  Usually able to cycle 10-12 times.
  • Babybombers9Babybombers9 Registered Users, Member 212 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    In my humble opinion, for 5.9-5.10 you are better off having more power than hitting. For the rare chance that you get a good sequence of fastballs, you are better server with a guy hitting HRs, 3B or 2B instead of more singles and then 1-2 extra bases. Then again, this is just my opinion.
    I approach this the opposite way. In 5-10 I have to get five runners across and I have two outs to spare. That means I am aiming to get the seventh batter home. The six prior to that, it doesn't matter if it's a home run or a single. As long as four out of six get on base. If my seventh batter scores then the four runs I needed have made it home somehow anyways. Hope that made sense. 
  • tomciz2tomciz2 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    I’m thinking he’s gonna be a beast Monday just need some more blue xp asap 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    Honestly I don’t think it works that way at all.  The game is scripted;  each level has dozens of pitch sequences programmed for it.  Depending on the strength and quality of your batter in comparison to the pitcher faced determines the percentage chance of opportunity to pull a winning or losing script/sequence.  That sequence is pre set from the time the player steps to the plate prior to the first pitch.  Cycle enough and you’ll spot a winner from a loser pretty quickly and thus doesn’t change unless you do something dumb like fall asleep in the middle of a round.  It is a game if stats and percentages;  the stronger your batter is in terms of hit, power, pennants (yes they do apply to all modes), skills, gold and video boosts, upgrades....they all get put up against the RNG and the better your player the better the percentage chance/win ratio becomes.

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    tomciz2 said:
    I’m thinking he’s gonna be a beast Monday just need some more blue xp asap
    Yeah, 12% isn’t going to shake any foundations.  Invest heavy in that guy, he’s a stud and good things will come.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    tocopan18 said:
    Honestly I don’t think it works that way at all.  The game is scripted;  each level has dozens of pitch sequences programmed for it.  Depending on the strength and quality of your batter in comparison to the pitcher faced determines the percentage chance of opportunity to pull a winning or losing script/sequence.  That sequence is pre set from the time the player steps to the plate prior to the first pitch.  Cycle enough and you’ll spot a winner from a loser pretty quickly and thus doesn’t change unless you do something dumb like fall asleep in the middle of a round.  It is a game if stats and percentages;  the stronger your batter is in terms of hit, power, pennants (yes they do apply to all modes), skills, gold and video boosts, upgrades....they all get put up against the RNG and the better your player the better the percentage chance/win ratio becomes.

I love hearing different theories. I agree with most of what was said except the part about the pitch sequence being determined at the start of each round. If that was the case, the double blowout skills would be the most coveted skill in the game. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.