TSB 19 WILL port some 18 players

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Well it's officially confirmed in today's VIP newsletter but not too many details so it's still a waiting game.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Prev1

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I’m wondering if they will also take a page out of the other baseball game on mobile I forget where you can trade in x amount of players to produce one player 🤨
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I’m geeked tho my guy hell yeah 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    so as of now, its looking like based on that photo 2 hitters and 1 pitcher
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    My theory is that we can bring whoever we want. The catch is that we can't use those players until we reach that tier. For example, If I want to bring over my d10 Gagne? I won't be able to use him until I'm in diamond. If I want to bring my p10 mantle? I won't be able to use him until I reach plat. If I want to use a guy right away in bronze, I'll have to use resources to level him down the road. Total speculation on my part, but that's kind of fun...and makes some sense. let's do this!!!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Ok, anyone know how to connect to Game Center?

edit: settings-scroll down- click game center
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    @DFBB - i was thinking that. Do I keep my 3 favs gold or run them all the way to diamond on the last week of 2018...... so many scenarios and things to speculate on...... great!
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Also, if skills transfer over
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited March 2019
    "Keep playing TSB18 and make sure you have the players you want, and then..."

...and then??! WHAT?? That doesn't say make sure you have the 3 players you want...
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I’m just so curious to what leveled up players in the new version will be like and if there’s an incentive to just carry over blue XP guys since they’d be easier to level.  In all reality, the best players that should be keepers are the ATG players so I wonder if that will still hold truth for the new version.  Everyone will be all excited until we get a number from 3-5 of who we can keep.  Then we will all think and worry about who’s the best players to keep until our head explodes!  Can’t wait!!
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Well, they should not be in a phase of "which is still very much being fine-tuned." The should be ready to go since they been advertising this since the end of last year. They are probably going to swing and miss on this IMO. It would have been easier from a technology/infrastructure, account management, and fewer support calls is to open their database and web services to both apps. And then just prioritize 2019 users over 2018.
  • Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    I’m assuming if I backed my team up through my email as long as that email is connnected to my “gamecenter” I should be fine?
    From what I heard yes, but what if you forgot your password on the gamecenter link up. Do they have that use case handled? If we are required to login again and need to do a password reset, what then? Last time they had to unlock your account from their end. I really don't have warm fuzzy on all this transfer. The happy path I am sure they will get mostly right, it's the exceptions that will cause the most grief. And what if somebody is moving from a phone to a tablet on this transfer? If we are going to be linked more tightly to our emails/app store game centers can we use more than one device now moving forward? 
    I’m just so curious to what leveled up players in the new version will be like and if there’s an incentive to just carry over blue XP guys since they’d be easier to level.  In all reality, the best players that should be keepers are the ATG players so I wonder if that will still hold truth for the new version.  Everyone will be all excited until we get a number from 3-5 of who we can keep.  Then we will all think and worry about who’s the best players to keep until our head explodes!  Can’t wait!!
    Clear choices for me would definitely be my top righty & lefty and the top catcher. Especially the catcher as they are so rare and hard to get early on. But we'll have to wait and see what the options are anyway.

• woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    So I should keep my new Mays I got yesterday at B10?  According to this theory...
    Also anyone notice how the screenshot is for players from the sox only? Wonder if you can transfer player from your chosen team only or if it sorts them by team rather than position. 

And level is bronze level 1.
    edited March 2019
    And level is bronze level 1.
    That was always a given as we would start in bronze anyway. They wouldn't make it that easy and as we still don't have that much information so at this point all we can do is speculate. I have this feeling that it may just be 3.5-4 star players judging by the screenshot which would make the feature totally useless. Hopefully I am wrong. 

They get one chance to get this right. If it comes down to only porting from your favorite team players or sub-5-star players, say goodbye bye to a lot of players. Thanks for keeping us posted on any updates.
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    they should let u bring over 3-5 players, remove one skill (rng), and nerf their max overall to 300. give 2018 players a head start 
  • marela520marela520 Registered Users 65 Posts
    edited March 2019
    If I can bring players from 18 and they all start from bronze 1 in 19, ATGs or players equal to ATG are my first choices. I don't know if VIP can tranfer more players or not but I hope we can have some advantages as VIP. In addtion to the player transfer, it seems that collecting players is more important than capping them so trading in ATG is not a good idea at this moment.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.  

Such as

* Maximum 4 star players
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    it would not make sense to limit the transfer to 3.5 or 4* players. Not even a 5* no-skill player.
    I mean, at this point in the game, unless u started less than 1 month ago, nobody has those kind of players (not even inactive)
    We can all speculate but that picture didn't show any legend players/or skilled players. You think they would have shown that? Or not...I know I am freezing my spending at this point. If Glu would give us more direction we could prepare. I was also hoping our pennants, and team upgrades would transfer. No word on that either and no holding my breath.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited March 2019
    tocopan18 said:
    it would not make sense to limit the transfer to 3.5 or 4* players. Not even a 5* no-skill player.
    I mean, at this point in the game, unless u started less than 1 month ago, nobody has those kind of players (not even inactive)
    And have they ever been known to do anything that didn't make sense?  ;)

It doesn't even have to be limit 4 star.  It could be no primes/legends/ATGs, (which would be fine really, most of us are loaded with top end blue XP guys now), 400 max, 375 max, etc. etc.  Perhaps no skilled players, no 2 skill players, etc.  

And 4 star players to our brand new 2019 teams would be very beneficial actually at first,  and then worthless in about a month.  Just like our custom legends from last year.  Initially, very valuable.  Eventually, not valuable at all.  

So that could be the kind of setup they're going for here,  something to benefit us off the bat but later on all be replaced by 2019 players.  Do I expect us to be able to carry over our 520-540 max studs that we're used to?  No.  I don't.

I know I am being skeptical but there are still a lot of ways for this to end up being disappointing.  I hope I'm wrong, obviously.  
    edited March 2019
    tocopan18 said:

Oh but I do. Thousands of them in fact.

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    They get one chance to get this right. If it comes down to only porting from your favorite team players or sub-5-star players, say goodbye bye to a lot of players. Thanks for keeping us posted on any updates.
    They do that I’ll just change my team to red Sox and bring Boggs Ted over and if I get lucky one more time pitcher babe
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    edited March 2019
    whammo911 said:
    They do that I’ll just change my team to red Sox and bring Boggs Ted over and if I get lucky one more time pitcher babe
    And Yankees for me - Babe and Mantle lol
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’m not sure what is to be expected here, id suspect it’ll be a few players starting again at bronze and nerfed to say at the most 330 overall same as the created legend otherwise balance will be an absolute nightmare.  I know we all have a large time and/or financial investment but if I was a new player I’d feel like the gap would be too big before I even got started and would be exasperated if you saw someone with like my example a 535 Machado, 525 Jed and 515 Kershaw.  Guess we’ll know soon enough, these guys don’t inspire confidence in how this stuff will balance out.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    DFBB has a good point...maybe whenever we want can transfer but we need to reach that level first.  I personally believe that all the special 5 star players we have in the rosters will be ineligible.....the game is based on progression and how can players minted in February be introduced to the new version at the start when pulling a 4.5* is something to smile about?  

I have ave no idea;  fun to speculate. I’m saving the plain 5 star no skillplayers I pull out of legend and prime picks now in the event they are the upper limit of who qualifies and will most likely not level new players I take from boxes or WOH to leave my options open.