Let’s learn from our mistakes!!!!

newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
i want to make this forum since 19 is out for some and around the corner for the rest!!
    So what I’m looking for is some opinions from fellow tappers of mistakes you felt you made in 18 that you will change/approach different in 19 !!!

We all know the main ones, but let’s dig deep to see what we can do better this season!!   I’ll start some:  
   - the biggest one of course is LEVELED to FAST!!    With new players daily/weekly need to be acquired, there never enough resources to keep up.  So I feel your level should basically reflect your financial input into the game.  For example ( 0-500 $ go no higher then silver for a long time)  ($5,000-20,000 can go for platinum or diamond) as you can obviously afford to keep up.  Lol.  
 And yes there are many that spend that much over the season!!

-“I hear” about the ballpark download!!!    It is a bigger park with green giant that steals hr so don’t do the download.    Can someone confirm this true or false?  

So that’s a start, let’s hear what your mistakes were in 18,   And please refrain from the negativity and bad comments about starting the game!!!    Thanks

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited February 2019
    So I agree with the obvious leveling up way to fast. Yet I love running through bonus games and now cycling for 650 EVO, but I wish I stayed in gold even platinum to save resources. 

One thing i didn’t do (my biggest mistake/regret) was not watching videos more while at work. Now I average 1k to 1.5k per day. I didn’t start really gettting/watching videos until I went to diamond and realized how precious gold for resources was IMO.

Edit: Change/Approach would be to be patience and have more fun with leveling and saving resources. Not saying I’m not having fun, but me being competitive in life I stress a bit when leveling ppl and I can’t get them past platinum some cases. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I agree with what both of you are saying. I went Diamond awhile ago but am at the point where I cycle Diamond 6 at least every week or two. It is still difficult when better new players keep coming out hence staying at Silver or Gold is easier to stay dominant. The downside to this is the gold and Evo. It is hard to come by unless you are Evo hunting or cycling D6.

Another thing I would do different, if the gameplay is the same, is keep bonus players instead of trading him in when I get a shiny new player. Especially Prime or Legends since they cost more to level up and have no resale value. 

Just my thoughts. Thanks for sharing yours.
  • RichNorwoodRichNorwood Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I started playing this around August so was a bit behind to begin with, and didnt find this forum till November so was flying in the dark, but yes saving resources before leveling up is the biggest key (unless glu decides to change how that works).
    When I started playing, my team was so bad that I used a lot of xp on sluggers and now just seems wasted since the best reason for slugfest is cash and pxp which I have a ton of.  My hope for 2019 is that they find a way to integrate slugfest into the rest of the game instead of having separate players for each, giving an incentive to actually play it.  Also give it it's own day, nobody needs a separate day for prime events or bonus games, especially since the weekend is a 3 day prime event.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited February 2019
    I made a huge mistake in 17 and made sure not to repeat it in 18. The mistake was to ignore my sluggers. With the 18 version I put half my resources in my sluggers from the beginning and was never lacking EVO, cash, bxp and eventually pxp. Now granted I stopped playing slugfest once the Royale was introduced and am not sure how it is in 19 but if it is like the beginning of 18 then it's a fast way of getting resources. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    I'd be curious if there is any feedback regarding relief pitchers. I've been Diamond for quite some time and with an overall win percentage over 98% and estimating my starters throw about 98% complete games, I feel I wasted a lot of resources leveling them. Perhaps at lower tiers others see the value in leveling them ...
  • SupremewolfpackSupremewolfpack Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    Thanks for this post. 

My biggest mistake this season was to ignore the skill bonus until just recently. Should have built the skills earlier. 

I built my team to max 10 platinum with patients and now dominate a lot of events except WOH. Can’t figure WOH yet. 
  • SupremewolfpackSupremewolfpack Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    I realized shortly after moving up to platinum that if I built a strong rotation, my relief pitchers would not play very much. I only maxed 1 relief pitcher to platinum 10. Saved a lot of resources not worrying about my relief pitchers. 
  • Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    Thought I was patient this year in leveling up. But, the vast change in overall player rating killed a ton of teams for a couple of weeks when the one skill, then 2 skill players came out. Everyone basically had to rebuild their teams at two different points this season if you played from the start. 

I’ll continue playing ‘18 and slow roll into ‘19 until we see the direction GLU decides to go in ‘19. 

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    The key to the game is being able to cycle WOH.  It is what separates the best teams from everyone else.  In 19 I will do whatever is needed to cycle as fast as possible and to stay ahead of the curve all year as the divide grows wider by the week.  That and I will save gold going into the all star breakbto buy as many boxes as I can as those box players were tremendously better than other players in the game at the time and stayed viable for months afterward.  I went on vacation during that period this year and missed out on a lot of that.  
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Houmy said:
    I made a huge mistake in 17 and made sure not to repeat it in 18. The mistake was to ignore my sluggers. With the 18 version I put half my resources in my sluggers from the beginning and was never lacking EVO, cash, bxp and eventually pxp. Now granted I stopped playing slugfest once the Royale was introduced and am not sure how it is in 19 but if it is like the beginning of 18 then it's a fast way of getting resources. 
    @Houmy.  That one I didn’t know.   You get evo from slugfest ? 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited February 2019
    @newfy yes. Before Prime sluggers were introduced you got BXP & EVO from different levels. Once Prime's came out they were replaced with PXP.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    The key to the game is being able to cycle WOH.  It is what separates the best teams from everyone else.  
    Agree 100%.   Thats how you can guarantee yourself to better your team.  Its tough at  first, had to buy some POW/POTM boxes for a little while but eventually you get guys there that will help cycle easily
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Houmy said:
    This is right on.

Slugfest was irrelevant for the last half of the game, but it was everything for the first half.

I don't know how '19 will be structured, but players will ignore Slugfest at their own peril.  My guess is they are counting on it being disregarded and it will again be an important part of TSB for awhile.
    Thanks for this post. 

My biggest mistake this season was to ignore the skill bonus until just recently. Should have built the skills earlier. 

I built my team to max 10 platinum with patients and now dominate a lot of events except WOH. Can’t figure WOH yet. 

The skills is the trick to woh.  Must be at least 16/16.  Then your in business 

Ok guys let’s hear some more mistakes others may not think of ???   I’m sure their is tons.  Lol
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I think that my big mistake was leveling the POTW and game changers to my highest level and upgrading their skills to only use them for a couple of days. I feel that ive wasted a lot of resources. Also why do we spend so much gold on weekend boxes with no opportunity to win any gold from the prime event?
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    One thing that I did right was going from 3 devices to 2. Next year I go down to 1 device