WoH for 3-4-19: The CarryOver Effect!

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Absolutely horrendous day. Holiday Ted and Boggs both capped at diamond with skills maxed 20/20 are combined 1 for 13. They can barely beat deGrom. I have to start over 70 percent of the time anyway because of Rich Hill (using WOH superstar Lowrie against him).

I don't know how to make my situation any better other than to level up Shawn Green and get the extra 5 max overall points which might improve my win rate by half of a percent (idk).

I have to call it quits today. Which sucks, because I depend on the resources I get from WOH (cash and bonus games) to be able to play the rest of the week. So this may mean I'm out for the entire week. 

I'll see you guys Wednesday (maybe).
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Rng has been kind so far, but I'm so torn about Turner. Ugh. I just can't decide if I want to try and level him. 
    Dodgers franchise Turner with double RISP skills? Not ideal for WOH. Anytime a runner isn't on 2nd or 3rd you have no boost. I have him at D7 and don't feel comfortable using him after 5.4-5.6 max. Great in other game modes though
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    DFBB said:
    Rng has been kind so far, but I'm so torn about Turner. Ugh. I just can't decide if I want to try and level him. 
    Dodgers franchise Turner with double RISP skills? Not ideal for WOH. Anytime a runner isn't on 2nd or 3rd you have no boost. I have him at D7 and don't feel comfortable using him after 5.4-5.6 max. Great in other game modes though
    I'm sure @DFBB meant Trea Turner.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JCAM80, as @BigHurt mentioned, I'm indeed referring to Trea Turner. I love CVC, but there are no guarantees with a 30% player. And well, resources are getting tight. However, one of my favs is now capped! 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dingers4lifedingers4life Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    is trea turner really all that worth it to level up? Cvc is kind of important, but is one double skill cvc going to make a huge difference? also was able to beat woh once so far with andrelton simmons, any one else using him for 5.10?
    edited March 2019
    @dingers4life It's just a matter of preference. He's versatile because he's always double boosted so you don't have to worry about platooning him for CvC. I just hate that he'd be awful in other modes. If he had the 2x blowout skills? It would  be a no brainer. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited March 2019
    When fully capped Diamond 10 players with 16/20 useful skills aren't even enough to win their autoplay at 5-5 and 5-6, I'm thinking about hanging it up.

I enjoy being challenged, not bent over.  
  • Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Trout and turner both to the bench, finally on 4th cycle I got the super quick first shake and pulled JD Martinez
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I keep getting springer and trout, the 2 I already have maxed. Wanted Turner to upgrade my 435 Machado. Not gonna happen today I guess 
    Lowrie has been an absolutely epic letdown.  I finally got him to Diamond 10, got his skills to 20/20 and 17/20, and Verlander is just eating him for lunch even with me buying the 80 gold boost every time.  A 480 overall against my 844 and I can't win.  
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited March 2019
    aqDFBB said:
    I got him on the weekend and leveled him. At gold the resources are easily available and with the 30% discount was a no brainer as CvC is second only to WOH for resource mining.  

Of course have pulled him multiple times today so fsr....
    Lowrie has been an absolutely epic letdown.  I finally got him to Diamond 10, got his skills to 20/20 and 17/20, and Verlander is just eating him for lunch even with me buying the 80 gold boost every time.  A 480 overall against my 844 and I can't win.  
    Lowrie blows hard for me too.  I don’t use him at anything higher than catfish hunter.  He lost at 3.7 too (Pomeranz who I’ve lost to 3 times in 3 months).  Not a favorite.  
    When fully capped Diamond 10 players with 16/20 useful skills aren't even enough to win their autoplay at 5-5 and 5-6, I'm thinking about hanging it up.

I enjoy being challenged, not bent over.  
    Definitely cranked up today.....not easy.
  • NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Simmons is money on 5-10 for me every time, with only video boost. Using Lowery on 5-7, hes about 75%.

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Jed really seems to be a right handed bat only for this event.
    Shouldn't a Diamond 10 Legend Bench with 16/20 on both LHP and bases empty be able to win a pretty good portion of the time against 5-7 Rich Hill?  You would think?
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Im having an easy time.  Ted 4-5 against verlander.  Pulled Turner all 4 times
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Last week I went 0-28 with Jed, this week with him a few levels higher I’m 5-19, I don’t have better options that can hit left handed and with Verlander at 480 today he outpaces the base strength of EE and Holiday Trout for me (479 and 477 respectively). 3 Springer, 1 Trout, 1 Turner for pulls.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Got springer finally, coupla times actually, and top 10 guaranteed now.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Jed getting to 5-3 down then three straight fast balls hit for lazy fly balls.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    My Jed, fully maxed Diamond, is slightly diminished by the increased pitcher difficulty. But at 10 for 21 he's still a solid 5.10 finisher. Started out 1 for 4 and didn't have a good feeling, but after laying off the moving fastballs and waiting on the ones down the pipe, he's been as good as I could've hoped. 
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Got springer finally, coupla times actually, and top 10 guaranteed now.

I need your bracket Houmy! We are getting killed by billion point clubs! Lol
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @benny100 ouch. You would have definitely loved my bracket today. I'm done playing so will probably end up 4th tonight.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• jclarrick3jclarrick3 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    For a while towards the beginning of today my team was really struggling to get to 5.9 and 5.10, but things straightened themselves out, cycled 6 times. 3x Turner, 2x Trout, 1x Springer.
    25x cycles. One Jdm, who I already have but won't be leveling, and the rest were the 'commons.' Great day for resources though!
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Only one cycle.  Definitely tougher.  Jed is my only strong lefty and I feel like I'm being left behind now.   Hopefully Wednesday we see a lefty at 5-10.  Getting tired of Verlander.
  • tomciz2tomciz2 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    6 springer 4 turner 2 trout
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    1 JD Martinez and I quit.  All in a day’s work!
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    Went to platinum over the weekend, so woh was a little different. I knew going in I didn't have the skills high enough on a couple of bats which made things a lot tougher, plus today just seemed to be harder. 
    2x "more" Trout lol, 2x Turner. Also lost a winnable sequence at 5.10 on a glitch, ouch. 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Hill was a problem at first but got that sorted, had a couple sequences where everyone was throwing junk in the early going but then things normalized, except verlander continued to be difficult... 2/7 with Xmas Ted...one I choked on my own. Got Turner both times. My silver team cycled 3 times getting Turner, then JD, then late I got Springer. I need better results on Wednesday for the main team or I might chicken out going Diamond.
    It's all done with mirrors