Walk off Hero - making me want to walk away from the game

mikeynumbersmikeynumbers Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
In my opinion, Walk off hero has been the best event for quite some time. It provided good rewards and didn't involve losing to hackers/cheaters. Lately however, it has gone from mostly fun to mostly frustrating. It has become a constant barrage of breaking balls that are nearly impossible to hit once you reach the higher levels. What is the point of spending money on trying to acquire top players when the batters are rendered useless if the AI happens to randomly throw you a seemingly endless string of curveballs and sliders. glu - do you realize that the game ceases to be fun when this happens? The percentage of breaking balls being thrown seems to have steadily increased over last few weeks and it has turned walk off hero from an event I am excited to play into one I don't care if I participate in. 

Comments

• jays8631jays8631 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    I agree with you. It’s just not fun anymore. I end up getting frustrated and just stop playing. It just to damn hard when you get to the highest level
  • BradHedgerBradHedger Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    Agree with the consistency of seemingly unhitable breaking balls making it a bit much to play more then a few times, and if you don’t invest in gold forget it seems as well. As I have gotten to 5.10 so many times and just can’t close to passing it I also feel like I have to have a very specific player who has specific skills to have a chance, hard part with that is the incredible difficulty to get these players. So is it better to decrease the difficulty or increase the odds of an incredible player? 
  • EndpointEndpoint Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    They've taken the most fun part of this game and took a shit on it. It's really sad and why I stopped giving these guys money. I still play, just F2P only. This Dev Team is no longer worth spending money on. They just don't get it. hopefully the next team will be focused on player enjoyment and not on frustrating people.
  • NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    If you want to want to stop the cheaters and the ones cycling 20 times then put a limit on cycles instead of making the game so damn hard in WOH that normal teams dont have a chance.  I will not be downloading 2019, you have made the game no fun when you set the pitchers to throw unhittable curveballs over and over. 
  • SiggzSlammerzSiggzSlammerz Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Would love to see them reply to these posts!!
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited March 2019
    You can't put a limit of cycles, most of on here have built our teams strictly for WOH. Cycling is key to building resources in this game. To put a limit on it simply because some dont have the right players or teams isn't the way to fix it. As many of stated here already, if your not getting the right pitch sequences then it usually means the players and their skills aren't high enough.

Yesterday was  a struggle for sure,  March 6, 2019. I have many cycles where it took over 5 attempts to beat 5-10 with a Capped Green at 20/20 skills. So its meant to be hard, for those that were not around in the early days  we had months of Diaz and Neris where all you saw was uninhabitable curves all day long.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • BlueOx8BlueOx8 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    It's not supposed to be easy.  Some days you will get better sequences than others.  I cycled 7 times yesterday, but it was because of persistence.  Maybe the most difficult 7 cycles I've ever earned.  At the end of the day if your players are good enough and your persistent, you'll get it done.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you want to want to stop the cheaters and the ones cycling 20 times then put a limit on cycles instead of making the game so damn hard in WOH that normal teams dont have a chance.  I will not be downloading 2019, you have made the game no fun when you set the pitchers to throw unhittable curveballs over and over. 

Can you elaborate? I cycle 20+ times every WoH. You consider guys like me cheaters? And why would you want a limit on cycles?
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.