Non VIP Teams

ID7ID7 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
With the 2018 season ending I wanted to see some of the other high ranked teams that couldn't make the cut.

Comments

• caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Played enough, been here enough, spent quite a bit but no vip for me.
  • ID7ID7 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    After playing 65,000 games.
    With a 165,000 team strength you would think the game would look at you as an elite member. I've seen 80000 team strength with less than 1000 games played vips lol.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I am afraid playing an x number of games or having high team strengths won't make you a VIP as far as GLU is concerned. GLU is a company out to make money and $$$ spent is the only thing that matters.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• SupremewolfpackSupremewolfpack Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    Played for 2.5 years. Been a leader of a very successful club in 2017 and in 2018. Play just about everyday. Spent more money on this game in 2018 than I care to admit. Been labeled a “valued customer” by customer service since October. Been marginally active ont the forum, Facebook and Twitter. No VIP. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    My $20.98 team.  Don't care about VIP, will never spend enough to get it anyway.
    Houmy spent $550 this year too. But not the magic number.  Won’t spend a quarter of that next year.  Only spent that much thinking that when I was told it was a combination of play, money, activity on this forum I had the vip status near.  But never happened. 
    And since status carries over and the amount spent to date doesnt.  Done chasing.  
    @caddie2323 sorry you didn't reach it. It's really unfair that they don't make it a cumulative amount so the money spent on 18 would get you that much closer to getting it in 19. BTW I had heard that the amount was around $818 this year but cannot confirm first hand.

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @Houmy, I have tried to get an answer from CS as to if my progress towards VIP would carry over like the status itself does, and I got the typical response IRT VIP that there is no dollar amount and it is a combination of gameplay, forum, social media, and money spent. I have played over 20,000 games, 151K team strength, $685 spent, and have been active in the forum and social media. I have not been abusive in any way to CS and always thank them for their help. I will try to get to $818 before 19 is released in the US and if I don’t get VIP, I most likely will not play 19 at all. You have been very helpful in this forum to all players. Any suggestions on what more I can do? Thanks.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I'm a bit puzzled about why so much emphasis is placed by some players on trying to make it to VIP. Does it really matter that much? I'm not trying to be a jerk - I just don't see why it is worth stressing about. The VIP gifts are cool - but if you multi-cycled WOH yesterday, for example, you probably cleared more xp and got some better players in the box than what some of the monthly gifts have been.

I think it is a neat part of the game, and like that GLU rewards it's top revenue customers, but wouldn't play or not play because of it. The game is fun, don't get stressed over whether you are a VIP or not. 😁

(Written by a non VIP in full disclosure lol!)
    @navyjack77 as they do not have any guidelines posted for getting VIP status it is pretty much a guessing game. I can tell you for a fact though that the parts about being active on social media and forums were pure nonsense in the 17 version as I made VIP back then without having any activity at all on the forum or social media and didn't even know what VIP status was until it showed up by my name.

$$$ is all that seems to matter as honestly that is the only thing they can track other than hours logged playing the game anyway. CS is always cagey when it comes to telling you the exact details about making VIP and since there are no listed guidelines then can freely lie* to you about forum and social media activity as it increases their followers and number of hits which means more free exposure for them without really having to do anything for it.

Honestly I am not even sure if getting to $818 at this point would make any difference as once 19 is released they may pretty much give up on this version and not support it much other than making sure the servers are up and running (although slower) and have the events run on a loop much like what happened to the 17 version. That may mean that the VIP window is already closed but that is just a guess.

Hope I didn't discourage you and it was not my intent to do so. I just wanted you to have the best information that I could give out, based on my own experiences, to make your own decisions. Others may disagree so these are just my opinions on the matter.

* Could be a lie or could be the truth. Not having any posted guidelines though means we can call it what we want until GLU puts it in writing and makes it official.

edited March 2019
    Don’t know how to delete a post once it auto saves as a draft. 😂 
    @Houmy Thanks for your response. I think you are correct because I have seen VIPs with much lower games played and team strength.
    @benny100 I get what you are saying. Yes, it is a very fun game. I have a goal of making VIP before 19 comes out. Why? Not really sure but since I started playing this year, I have always hoped to get there. I just wish they would be a little more transparent about it, that’s all. I don’t think I’m the only one who would prefer that. IRT me possibly putting it down for 19 if I don’t get it, that is probably just frustration from the ups and downs from this game sometimes. Today was a down day.
    @benny100 I have yet to ever cycle WOH. I leveled up to Diamond too fast (lesson learned). I can never beat 5.10. Won’t be making that same mistake again.
    benny100 said:
    I'm a bit puzzled about why so much emphasis is placed by some players on trying to make it to VIP. Does it really matter that much? I'm not trying to be a jerk - I just don't see why it is worth stressing about. The VIP gifts are cool - but if you multi-cycled WOH yesterday, for example, you probably cleared more xp and got some better players in the box than what some of the monthly gifts have been.

I think it is a neat part of the game, and like that GLU rewards it's top revenue customers, but wouldn't play or not play because of it. The game is fun, don't get stressed over whether you are a VIP or not. 😁

(Written by a non VIP in full disclosure lol!)
    Personally I would agree with you on that but each of us has a different outlook on it. For some it could be a sense of fairness getting what they are owed having met (paid for) the undisclosed requirements and for others it could be seen as an advantage. I can tell you that it does help greatly if you were VIP and if was grandfathered into a new version as the welcome gift itself does put you at an advantage compared to others. Below is the VIP gift when 18 was released followed by the monthly gift when prime players were introduced. As you can see 50K PXP when primes are just released is a lot and 100K BXP & cash along with a guaranteed 5* player may not seem as much now is a great advantage when you are starting at bronze.

• DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts

I agree that there definitely should be more transparency in regards to VIP. I don’t understand why it has to be so secretive on Glus behalf. I am not a VIP, but understand how for a lot of players this is an important goal and as @benny100 said the gifts look cool and would come in handy. Maybe Glu could looked at a tiered VIP system which is totally transparent and you can see your progress. I actually think this would encourage more spending as players try to get to the next level. I spend a bit, but not enough to reach the $818 mark, but if there was a tiered system I think I would probably spend more than I do now.

Never fight a man with a perm

I agree that there definitely should be more transparency in regards to VIP. I don’t understand why it has to be so secretive on Glus behalf. I am not a VIP, but understand how for a lot of players this is an important goal and as @benny100 said the gifts look cool and would come in handy. Maybe Glu could looked at a tiered VIP system which is totally transparent and you can see your progress. I actually think this would encourage more spending as players try to get to the next level. I spend a bit, but not enough to reach the $818 mark, but if there was a tiered system I think I would probably spend more than I do now.

That is a great idea. 
    This is what I got from CS today. Your progress towards VIP will not carry forward to 19. If you are close in 18, you better get there before 19 comes out.

• IIIOZZYIIIIIIOZZYIII Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Been playing only for 2018. Spent maybe $10-15 from money earned through Google surveys. Shouldn't have to just spend $'s to get recognized.

"What we have here, is failure to communicate!"
  • Tylerman31Tylerman31 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts

• CherryKoolAidCherryKoolAid Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Maybe $50-$60 spent 
  • byramorazorbacksbyramorazorbacks Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    not a penny
    byramhatchets
  • cappaucappau Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Ive got a pretty good idea as to what gets u VIP I have 2 VIP teams new one only 3mnths old silver 90k 1100 games ,it's  not a Pacific $ but an amount spent over a short period of time I think triggers alert at glu  and both accounts had subscriptions which is important.social media has absolutely nothing to do with it .