WoH Royale for 3-6-19: In Earnie we Trust!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
As the title suggest, I'd be absolutely shocked if we don't see the 540 cvc Ernie in today's royale box. Not only was he the top legend over the weekend, but he's also cvc friendly. We also had a couple of nice relievers over the weekend(sutter and cishek) so I'm hoping that they will make an appearance as well. I really, really hoping that Contreras will be a 45% player, along with Nola. I know everyone has different needs, but those dudes would fit nicely on my team. As far as the ATGs, your guess is as good as mine. Here's hoping we see the Babe and Mantle...and of course, I know it won't happen, but holiday Ted, where are you buddy?!? Gl today guys and may your boxes be blessed!
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    That 530 Castro is what I am pining for. He would be literally a hair below Dusty Baker as the best non-ATG right handed WOH bat imo.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I still can’t cycle as I leveled to Diamond before my team was ready. With the difficulty getting worse, I doubt I ever will. With that being said, I am hoping Castro is one of them as I pulled him this weekend and would like a chance to put up some points today.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY, I believe that Castro has the exact same hit/power as the prime Goldy. 
    edited March 2019
    @DFBB ahhhh really? Dang. I wish I woulda realized that when I was buying 100+ weekend boxes trying to get him...

LOL :(

EDIT - He would be at least a slight upgrade at 2B over Holiday Baez maybe?

@JEDDDOGGY Very slight. The Acuna, the 20k fan reward, is a slight upgrade over goldy/castro.

Here's my top 3 for vs lhp, at 5.10, for non atgs:
    1)baker
    2)edgar
    3)Acuna
    edited March 2019
    I have the Acuna... man, I really need to train myself to just completely disregard overall max ratings. Have Baker too though. 

And have WOH Green.

Also I have LL JD.

Guess the Acuna might be worth leveling up, being blue XP and all. Still gotta figure out which legend (Green, LL JD, Baker) to level up next. Argh.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Is a maxed Diamond 10 Johnny Bench with LHP/bases empty skills both at 16/20 a reasonable option at 5-10 against a LHP?  Anyone try him there?
    I have those same legends and none will get leveled. I've decided to pony up for Mantle. *sigh*
    @Wicked0Wildcats He can get it done, but imo, he's not an optimal choice. Ideally, you have someone that will have double skills active at all time(skillgate not withstanding lol).
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts

DFBB said:
    @Wicked0Wildcats He can get it done, but imo, he's not an optimal choice. Ideally, you have someone that will have double skills active at all time(skillgate not withstanding lol).
    @DFBB
    That's kind of what I figured.   I do have some other options but if he works there I figured the better options could help me get to 5-10 more easily and then 5-10 is the only spot where Bench would actually have his bases empty skill activated at the beginning.
    Hmm..Man, what to do!

DFBB said:
    I have those same legends and none will get leveled. I've decided to pony up for Mantle. *sigh*
    I'm about to do the same, instead of leveling Dusty Baker. So given that it takes 1.5 times the amount of resources for ATGs, does it require that at Diamond for the gold needed to upgrade them too? So, for example, the last level (10) is normally 15,000 gold. Is that going to be 22,500 gold for an ATG?

Even with his evo at 50% discount, I believe I am looking at close to 60k gold to get him to Platinum and then to Diamond. Then the gold to level him up in Diamond. Which for a regular legend is 49,500 gold. If it's 1.5 times that amount then I am looking at about 135,000 gold to get Mantle to Diamond 10 (60k for his evo, 75k to actually level him at Diamond).

That's crazy.

The 1.5x for atgs only apply to xp(fortunately). Ugh, this is an awful box for me. :(
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Call me un-impressed today. Think I'd rather catch up to work and play when/if I have time. Good luck to the rest.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@JEDDDOGGY FWIW, I'm only doing mantle because I already have him at p10, 20/20. If I had him at b1? Heck no! lol
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    not impressed with the box. I already own Arenado and Yount and don't really want/need anyone else. 
    Maybe Aaron, if only to have him (staying at bronze 10 tops) and see what the players transfer to 2019 rules are.
    DFBB said:
    @JEDDDOGGY FWIW, I'm only doing mantle because I already have him at p10, 20/20. If I had him at b1? Heck no! lol

I have him at Gold 10. It would be a heck of a project to take on, but I keep dreaming of looking at a capped Diamond ATG and it sure feels good lol.

Biggest costs are the 1.7 million LXP and 110k gold. I'd have to cycle diamond every day for like two weeks to get that amount of gold...

• midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    edited March 2019
    4.10 R Diaz
    5.7 - 5.10
    L,L,R,R 
    Ellis 5.10
    edited March 2019
    They're also the same levels as Monday's WoH.

edit:didnt see @midgetmullet's post.
    @midgetmullet 4.10 is not Diaz (R) today then?

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    That 530 Castro is what I am pining for. He would be literally a hair below Dusty Baker as the best non-ATG right handed WOH bat imo.
    Too much speed and low hit rating. Good but not great. 
    4.10 is Diaz.
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Sorry, I changed it, it is.  I typed faster than my brain.  Diaz R at 4.10
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Diamond 5.8 is now 464 strength pitcher. Raising the difficulty each event is not necessary. Especially for rewards less than stellar. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    yea just not an ideal setup.  Box is meh and the tourney and bonus game bonus' are the 10% legends.

This just isn't fun anymore.
    Sorry, I changed it, it is.  I typed faster than my brain.  Diaz R at 4.10
    All good. Was just wondering if they changed it up today. Will get to it when I have time but thanks for sharing 5.7-5.10

• woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Cycled with Jed.  I was only able to cycle once on Monday so I'm happy for now but going to take a break.  I got Rizzo... meh
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    alot more issues with 5.7 and 5.8 today