WoH Royale for 3-6-19: In Earnie we Trust!

Comments

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    For those with WOH Jed, he has been 100 times more useful against Ellis than he was against Verlander. 
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Jed is 0-4 for me. 80 gold boost each time. Maybe 2 fastballs each time 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Doing great everywhere except for 5.9. Smh @ d9 babe. :(
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    You can tell the buzz is slipping away -by now this @DFBB thread used to be awash with the highs of great pulls, walk of grand slams and lows of 5.10 beat downs...... getting much quieter sadly..... means we are near the end 😥
    @benny100 I know man. Last man standing isn't ideal. :(

On a positive note, must keep fighting/grinding! Seriously though, if I wasn't diamond, I'd have very little motivation to play WoH today. *sigh*
    DFBB said:
    Doing great everywhere except for 5.9. Smh @ d9 babe. :(
    I have been using Babe vs Gagne. Only 2 times so far as work is getting in the way..... but with skills at 16/16 I have to use a 40 gold boost to be safe. Haven't tried with just video boost yet as I'm too lazy to start over the level! Was getting prepared to replay Holiday Ted on 5.9 and 5.10 though if Babe started taking a beating. Only a sample of 2 but OK at Gold so far.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    who is the other 45% guy besides Rizzo?
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    edited March 2019
    thanks, just kept getting Rizzo, so wasn't sure
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited March 2019
    I just don't get why they think people want the difficulty ramped up. Don't they listen to user feedback? Are people saying they want it to be harder? Seems like they're trying to force people into their pockets, but I think at this stage in the game they're just making people give up and put their phones down instead.

There's no draw for me to spend 240 on a restart. I am having trouble justifying an 80 boost on 5.10 at this point. Instead of clicking on that 240 gold restart like I used to when the prizes were meaningful, I'm now clicking on the "no thank you" or whatever at the bottom of the screen and putting my phone away for 30 mins until video restart is active again.

Boggs is 1 for 2 and Ted is 1 for 3 so far. So I have 2 cycles total and it's not because I couldn't have gotten through more times if I really wanted to. Usually by this time of day I've been through 4 or 5 times already.
    So far, it has been extremely easy for me to get past 5.9. But BF Harper is 0-4, jed is 0-8. Used gold boosts for over half, but now I'm not going to use any more gold on it. Can't even get 2 fastballs per attempt with both skills at 17
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    OK I knew the first cycle was an anomaly with Jed.  Second time through down one run, one out, winning runner at second and 6 curves.  Video restart, 9 curves.  

sigh
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Finally cycled and got Rizzo. I have not spent any gold today (not even to boost in 5.10) so it has been slower, especially using Arenado to get as many points as possible. Ellis has been throwing curveballs all day except this last time. Not a fun day. 
    lpoheron said:
    Jed is 0-4 for me. 80 gold boost each time. Maybe 2 fastballs each time 
    Yeah I spoke too soon.  Started out an easy 2 for 2 and Doc quickly realized the error of his ways and stopped giving me anything.  0 for 4 since.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I just don't get why they think people want the difficulty ramped up. Don't they listen to user feedback? Are people saying they want it to be harder? Seems like they're trying to force people into their pockets, but I think at this stage in the game they're just making people give up and put their phones down instead.

There's no draw for me to spend 240 on a restart. I am having trouble justifying an 80 boost on 5.10 at this point. Instead of clicking on that 240 gold restart like I used to when the prizes were meaningful, I'm now clicking on the "no thank you" or whatever at the bottom of the screen and putting my phone away for 30 mins until video restart is active again.

Boggs is 1 for 2 and Ted is 1 for 3 so far. So I have 2 cycles total and it's not because I couldn't have gotten through more times if I really wanted to. Usually by this time of day I've been through 4 or 5 times already.
    Keep in mind they are not nearly finished pissing off their player base today.  There is the drop of multiple 1X multipliers coming later followed by the inevitable mysterious drop from #7 to #103 for many clubs. 
    Now 0 for my last 6 on with Jedd, all 80G boosted.

Stick it you know where on your 240 gold restart offers, GLU.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    So just how boring is the event for me today? Beat 5.3 on autoplay with a late round draft pick. That's how boring it was for me today :neutral: 

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Cycling not my problem today - getting anyone other than Arenado more challenging lol - 3/3
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Ellis is serving crap dinners to Ted...and to Green on my silver team....17/17 skills for both, 80g boosts.... Green just got 15 consecutive curves..a single changeup which I hit for only a single, then the last 3 curves to finish the extra inning lmao
    So, 1 cycle each both getting Nolan. If I get out of level 5, I’m slow playing the rest of the day.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Is anyone down to do some charity work? First place in my bracket is 2.5mil, but i am on a new account so I cant get points.
    duckk123 said:
    Is anyone down to do some charity work? First place in my bracket is 2.5mil, but i am on a new account so I cant get points.
    I would not worry at all about your pre-multiplier ranking,  it's a complete sham ranking anyway.
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    duckk123 said:
    I would not worry at all about your pre-multiplier ranking,  it's a complete sham ranking anyway.
    Normally, when your original bracket sucks, the reset bracket also sucks. 
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    OK I'm done.  Three times now I've had the the tieing run on second or third with one out.  I either get six curves or three curves plus a fastball that is grounded out.  I'm done.  Glu is sucking the fun out of it for me.
  • BlueOx8BlueOx8 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    2 cycles so far and each was difficult, Been working a while for number 3.  Have 535 Green at 15/20.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    1 for 3 on Gagne and 0 for 2 on Ellis. Struggling even on round 8. Glu made this too difficult. They should realize that winning things is fun and people are more likely to spend money if it leads to winning and rewards and actually enjoying playing this game.
    I agree. I have no problem spending gold on boosts and the occasional re start when I think I have a chance. I usually cycle 3-4 times, sitting at 0-20ish. Stopped counting now. Making my decision to stay away from 19 miuch easier for sure.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Well hello everyone. 

I put the app back on my phone last Thursday (it was vip gift day and I didn’t want to miss on something that I would kick myself for later if I wanted to play again).  Haven’t really played since it resurfaced on my phone, but had to try walk-off today to see how hard it was after seeing all these comments. I just beat it in less than 30 minutes with 0 restarts, and 0 outs on 5-10. 

@bigvivec I saw your comment when I logged back on the forums. We haven’t always seen eye to eye for sure, but that doesn’t mean the respect isn’t there. I don’t want to live in a world where I agree with everyone all the time.  Appreciate the respect on your end and it is reciprocated. 

Edit: arenado by the way 
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    So Monday I beat WOH for the second time ever and today I beat it twice with holiday Reggie 16/16. 2 for 3 so far and pulled Arenado and Yount. Not bad at all for me.
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • mpenn723mpenn723 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Beat it on first try with green today, now my videos won’t work and it’s hard to beat it with no gold.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Lololololol.