Another bait and switch - bonus players only "temporarily boosted?"

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
Remember that 20K Acuna you got from Fan Rewards last weekend who was a 520 overall?

Comments

• MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    WOW man. I had him over the weekend and posted about him not getting the leveling discount. That response is absolutely disgusting. 3 year VIP and I’m completely done with GLU. I’m hanging them up boys.. for good
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    That CS agent is simply wrong. @Wicked0Wildcats, can you restart and check your Acuna again? A friend just showed me his Acuna and he's still a 520 player.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    If he was temporarily boosted he would have dropped way more than 5 points, seems like a glitch they don't want to fix. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    DFBB said:
    That CS agent is simply wrong. @Wicked0Wildcats, can you restart and check your Acuna again? A friend just showed me his Acuna and he's still a 520 player.
    @DFBB
    You're right, went back and looked again and he's back to a 520 now.  But he was indeed a 515 when I looked last night.  Odd.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

Anyone have these guys? I could have sworn davis was 525 and Goldschmidt 510 or 515 originally?
  • AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I have that Davis. 99% sure he was 520. Just checked and mine is now 515. Seriously how scummy can Glu be? This is really getting into illegal territory. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Davis is a 515, I traded him in last week, and that Goldy is indeed a 500.
  • AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Just checked and it looks like Davis was 515 from the beginning. Doesn’t change the Acuna drop. 
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    @dustyhunks
    maybe you are thinking about this other version of Goldy

edited March 2019
    If it was simply an error, as it appears it was....

- CS agents have got to be better.  They simply have to be.  That was an ill-advised answer that is going to spark wildfires.  

Agents should have some strong familiarity with this game and some clearly do not.  Any player that plays this game on a simply casual basis is familiar enough with it to know that PotW and Gamechangers drop, and drop significantly, but weekend bonus players are just regular players.

That CS agent was asked about a 5 point drop which she personally didn't know and/or couldn't explain so she took a wild shot in the dark in order to try to resolve the ticket and move onto the next.  

It's not a good look for 'Marie.'
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

Anyone have these guys? I could have sworn davis was 525 and Goldschmidt 510 or 515 originally?
    Goldy has been 500 from the start.  

Paranoia sets in..........LOL
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    If it was simply an error, as it appears it was....

- CS agents have got to be better.  They simply have to be.  That was an ill-advised answer that is going to spark wildfires.  

Agents should have some strong familiarity with this game and some clearly do not.  Any player that plays this game on a simply casual basis is familiar enough with it to know that PotW and Gamechangers drop, and drop significantly, but weekend bonus players are just regular players.

That CS agent was asked about a 5 point drop which she personally didn't know and/or couldn't explain so she took a wild shot in the dark in order to try to resolve the ticket and move onto the next.  

It's not a good look for 'Marie.'
    CS agents as far as I can tell are an outsourced center in Mumbai or New Delhi just as so many CS centers are these days.  Outside of basic gameplay questions, I would not and you should not expect too much of them.  It is laughable the answers they sometimes give when cornered and speaks to the lack of concern/oversight given to employees who have no idea about the gameplay of this or the other games in the GLU portfolio more than likely.  The demanding customer service POV/consumer rights stance is a largely American standard and not shared worldwide.  I have lived abroad and am at the moment for more than 2/3 of my life and in most places the business owner is always “right”.  Anyway your options are tobquit the game or be a little more understanding in that as frustrating as it may be GLU has created an impenetrable buffer between them and their user base faced by a foreign workforce that is held to very little accountability.  Not sure how to address or change that outside of personally stopping product use but neither of us want that right?
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts

I know for a fact that Davis has always been 515. He was the Fan Rewards event (20,000 reward) a couple of weeks ago.
    Davis has yes always been 515.  However Acuna did indeed drop to 515 from 520 before going back up.
  • HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    They also temporarily changed Prime Cishek's position to SP (again - he was released as an SP, which DFBB ran into - be fore that was corrected) but he is back now to an SR.