Keeper details: let's discuss!

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Houmy It will happen soon. I'm so torn in who you take. ATGs are not as obvious as I initially thought.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Now I am torn. Hank because he's the top brave and Teddy ballgame has better hit than Lowerie for WOH but keeping WOH in mind and how hard it is for more than half the year to get a decent catcher Jed & Mike would seem the more obvious choices. 

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m intrigued by this idea. I’m afraid these players will go the way of the “my legend” this season in a way. When it is going to take a whole lot of XP to level up one of these players. It’ll take 150K blue XP to get to gold 10 for one of these players, but over time their stats will increase like the ATG’s did this year. It’ll take 550K blue XP just to get to diamond 1. Ouch. 
    I agree with @Bigpredfan. However, by that time, our keeps should give us a nice head start.
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I’m gonna buy the two right skilled Harper and take him on over with Mickey!
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but the way they’ve set this up, I don’t see any significant advantage except probably with skills... like there won’t be double skills players available for awhile... otherwise by downgrading their ratings by 60% aren’t they just bringing the carry overs into line with other available players? 
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I'm thinking Jed, ATG Mantle and ATG Gibson for my pitcher.  Those are decent keepers, hopefully?
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but the way they’ve set this up, I don’t see any significant advantage except probably with skills... like there won’t be double skills players available for awhile... otherwise by downgrading their ratings by 60% aren’t they just bringing the carry overs into line with other available players? 
    The advantages that I can see are this.

1.  Players you won’t need to replace for quite a while. They will increase like an ATG, and therefore will keep up with the game. Your lineup is already partially set for a while. I won’t be looking for a 2B for a while for instance as I would take over Baez with his 2LHP skills. 
    2.  The skills like you mentioned. 
    3.  You start with them. You don’t have to wait to pull someone. 
    @Sandpipers If and that's a huge if, you can level them, you'll have the best bats available right off the bat. Keep in mind, their skills will come with them.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Sandpipers If and that's a huge if, you can level them, you'll have the best bats available right off the bat. Keep in mind, their skills will come with them.
    @DFBB, wait,  comes with them like if we already leveled up the skills before we don't need to again,  or comes with them as in same skills, but still starts over from 0 again?
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    edited March 2019
    The skills will start from 0 again, but they will be the same skills... I’m gonna do it on a scrub team of mine then I’ll know how to judge better....still po’d at the limit of 3 tho
    It's all done with mirrors
    @Sandpipers 3 is disappointing, but it's something and it's not directly costing us money. That said, it will likely be a chore to level the 3 that we do carry over. 

@Wicked0Wildcats The skills will start at zero, but they will be available whereas most players in '19 will start w/o any skills whatsoever.
  • ascott03ascott03 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Wish their max stayed the same 
  • manbearpuigmanbearpuig Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    What does everyone think of fan rewards Diaz as a keeper? 520 Catcher with stacking skills sounds like a sweet deal 
    @manbearpuig If things stay the same, the best way to build your team is through WoH. As such, I'd ignore positions entirely and just focus on the best bats for WoH.

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited March 2019
    So the skill tree will be 5x the cost too? If that’s the case I don’t see them as being that helpful, the cost will be impossible...I was hoping to play less this year...lol
    @whammo911 Yup. :( This is why I came to the same conclusion as @Bigpredfan. They will be monsters in bronze and silver, but beyond that? I don't see it as being practical. Depending on how plentiful bxp is, maybe gold, but definitely not beyond that.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah the skills also being 5x basically ruins the whole thing for me. 

Level 12 instead of 25k lxp it's 125k lxp? And twice, one for each skill (250k lxp)? Yeah right.... not to mention all of the gold and evo at the top end of things.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Yeah the skills also being 5x basically ruins the whole thing for me. 

Level 12 instead of 25k lxp it's 125k lxp? And twice, one for each skill (250k lxp)? Yeah right.... not to mention all of the gold and evo at the top end of things.

Yeah. If the skills were easier to do, these players would still be painful to level, but worth it like the ATG’s were this year. If they were doubled I would still do it. But 5X?  Lol nope. At least not past the blue XP levels. 
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    Wait—their max overall will rise over the course of the season, like ATG’s? If they stay at 330 that’s less exciting. It’d be nice to really have a few “keepers” instead of having to get new players every two weeks. Like ATG’s
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I'm hoping the ratings will get adjusted. Keep in mind that it's just beta. Yes, I've been accused of being overly optimistic more than once or twice. lol
      They will increase over the season. 
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Houmy They're not from me and I'm not VIP. As far as the original poster? I'm not sure. I'll ask around.
    I thought you had surpassed the "magic" number to become a VIP.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    The cost might get reduced as the season goes on, either way I don’t see the need to level up this year, at least till Black Friday.
    DFBB said:
    @Sandpipers 3 is disappointing, but it's something and it's not directly costing us money. That said, it will likely be a chore to level the 3 that we do carry over. 

@Wicked0Wildcats The skills will start at zero, but they will be available whereas most players in '19 will start w/o any skills whatsoever.

and even watered down to 60% of their original rating, a 310-330 player (forget about skills for a second) doesn't come around too soon in the game. I remember I only had 5* players that were like 270-290 max for a while. So having a 330 is waayyy better. Then you add the skills potentially taking them to 350-400 and it is a hugeeee advantage. 
    Remember that unless they change things this year, the first skills usually appear in the game around June, I think.
    in regards to ATG not keeping ATG status anymore, maybe it's not important cause if they keep the same philosophy this year with the MAX stats for players, how much more than 540-550 can they go?
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I was wondering how they would balance it to make sure that new players wouldn’t get totally destroyed by all of our powerful players, them starting off at 60% of max so a 525 player would start with a max of 315 and grow over the season which will give you an advantage to start but not completely overwhelming.  A nice boost to start so you’ll need a few less pulls as you get going is welcome.
    Here is where the skills being so expensive will affect me. 

I may now decide to keep 525 Goliath Chipper (blowout and left pitching) over 510 Holiday Baez (double left pitching). Reasoning?  Switch hitter and one of Chipper’s skills is for left pitching. I won’t be leveling up both skills most likely, but having a nerfed 525 and 1 skill is still hopefully going to be good for a while 
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Is this a one and done thing?  What if I get a great player in 18 in WoH next week, can I change my three takeover players later?
    @woohoo77 I've been advising my guys NOT to make any decisions yet. Keep in mind that the ATGs will be 550 soon. That means that we will have other 550 max players so more than likely, the most ideal players have yet to be released.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I feel that the players you bring over can at least help you in WOH in the beginning. Once you win WOH enough, you will probably be getting players from the 19 version that are suitable and possibly even out rank the players we bring over.