Quit spending money so glu lowers odds on boxes.

spoomanspooman Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
Over the last two months my team has spent vast amounts of gold, and has received very little player rewards. Tons of lxp and pxp. Glu has tightened up there odds so much that the amounts of money you have to spend is getting out of hand. My proposal is that we all band together to make glu loosen the reigns. I for one am not adverse to spending money, but c'mon when you spnd 4000 or 5000 gold and don't even get anything but pxp or lxp WTF!!! How greedy are they, and why are we spending so much for very very very little in return. 

Comments

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    The stated odds have actually been better for the last while, often 12% in some boxes for the top players... that’s not to say that people’s results trying those boxes have improved also...
    It's all done with mirrors
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    The odds are across the board odds, not each individual’s odds. I bought 24 of the boxes Tuesday when there were 10% odds and got zero players. Today, my first two boxes produced players with one being prime, then the next 8 were xp.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    The odds are across the board odds, not each individual’s odds. I bought 24 of the boxes Tuesday when there were 10% odds and got zero players. Today, my first two boxes produced players with one being prime, then the next 8 were xp.
    Yes, we know, but if general odds go up from 2.5% to 12%, there is a reasonable expectations that results for many individuals would follow suit
    It's all done with mirrors
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    They either don't care or are oblivious to things like customer retention. I've threatened to cease spending a couple of times and was essentially told not to let the door hit me on the a** on the way out. Since I went diamond about a month or so ago, I have lived up to that - haven't spent anything since then and do not plan to either.

It's not really a miracle this game has stayed afloat despite their "GFY" attitude to their customers. It's a real addiction for so many players. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited March 2019
    spooman said:
    Over the last two months my team has spent vast amounts of gold, and has received very little player rewards. Tons of lxp and pxp. Glu has tightened up there odds so much that the amounts of money you have to spend is getting out of hand. My proposal is that we all band together to make glu loosen the reigns. I for one am not adverse to spending money, but c'mon when you spnd 4000 or 5000 gold and don't even get anything but pxp or lxp WTF!!! How greedy are they, and why are we spending so much for very very very little in return. 
    Not gonna happen.  This game is like crack.  They don’t need to worry about retention because this game is legitimately addictive, and I don’t mean that in the funny sense.  Odds are required in gambling games listed with IOS.....gambling addiction is a legit medical condition.  This game clears millions.  Some users are 50k+ deep annually.  They don’t care because there is no issue;  they have tons of players constantly feeing money into this game in a regular basis, whether actual cash or video hits with their advertisers which equals cash for them.  There is no issue with retention or revenue.....they are doing fine and we are queuing to give them more.

Anyway, 4-5k on weekend boxes really isn’t much if you lay the odds out.  Clubmate went 0-50something one horrible weekend....if it’s too much for you don’t play.  Odds are stated and as much as you may want what’s in the box, your feeling of entitlement is wholly misplaced.