WoH for 2-11-19: Time for Incentives?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited March 2019 in General TSB Discussion
We now know that for carryovers, player levels will not matter. As a result, resources will also mean very little. WoH has traditionally given us recycled players from the weekend box and sprinkled them with past legends and ATGs. That formula was cool because it gave us a shot at players we otherwise wouldn't be chasing. Even when the players weren't ideal, some of us grinded all day for resources. Thing is, considering the carryover details, the status quo won't cut it moving forward.
What do I expect today? Probably the same old thing to be honest. However, I'm hopeful that we'll get some game changing players in the next two weeks and I'm hoping that trend begins today. I'm hoping GLU will give us every reason to play as much as possible today. I expect the ATGs to flood the boxes yet again. Beyond that and the marquee weekend box players(LL Davis, Bryant), it will be interesting to see GLU's move this week. I believe that today will be a good indicator of how they will approach the rest of the '18 season. For those who are still grinding, I sure hope they haven't packed it in. GL and as always, show me holiday Ted!
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I have Molitor at D7 and am hoping for an opportunity to get a level or two if he is a 10% guy.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Wonder if it will be cranked up or cake.....
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY Dude, you get everyone! What's the secret??

@bigvivec People love easy, but I expect it will be just like last week. Hoping they keep a righty at 5.10 too.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I'm not expecting much and think it will be business as usual, with some ATGs in the box. But I really hope I get surprised. Otherwise a quiet day as I have my lefty killer locked in with Mantle and am only really waiting to see if a 540+ righty killer is there to chase.
    edited March 2019
    @DFBB haha I wish!

I opened about 100 boxes using gold farmed from cycling D6 the weekend before last trying to get Castro and didn't (and then subsequently found out he's not really that great anyway lol).

I spent quite a lot of gold trying to get Jed & Goldy the weekend they were released. Didn't get either, and they ended up being 45% rewards the following Wednesday in WOH (oops...).

This past weekend I spent my gold on upgrading current players instead of throwing it at boxes, which took a lot of willpower and self control lol, so maybe I've learned my lesson on hammering those weekend boxes.

I did get Boggs the weekend he came out though and had some other pretty lucky pulls in the past, but definitely not getting everyone! :p
    @JEDDDOGGY In other words, you only get elite bats? LOL
    edited March 2019
    Ha, Jed & Goldy might have been considered fairly 'elite' at the time. Crazy how far we've came in only a couple/few short weeks. Holiday Ted was a purchase, of course.

I'm still on a huge 0-fer in WOH boxes. Been cycling 12-18 times per event since Black Friday and haven't pulled a 1 percent guy yet. Has to be approaching 500 boxes now, I think... :(
    @benny100 I hope we see Babe, the batter, in the box again. It would be nice to chase a guy so I can save 15k gold/280k lxp.
    DFBB said:
    @benny100 I hope we see Babe, the batter, in the box again. It would be nice to chase a guy so I can save 15k gold/280k lxp.
    That would be a nice pull to get him capped!

I wish they gave him a better set of skills for 5.10 WOH - then my keepers would be a no brainer! That RISP keeps us searching!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Here is hoping for Mantle so I can keep him instead of Jed.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@benny100 I totally agree man. It's sad, but I'm unlikely to carryover Babe for that same reason. :(
    edited March 2019
    He's in there!!
    Can someone please post odds? TIA!
    That Judge, the guarantee prize, is going to be nice for my CvC team!
    Damn Kinda want Giambi so I can have both uniforms and then I may just be stupid enough to take both of them with me to 19 just for shits and giggles. 

edited March 2019
    Absolutely no reason not to cap Judge on re-pulls today.
  • jclarrick3jclarrick3 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    @DFBB ATGs & Reggie 10%, Phil 45%, Giambi 45%
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Gotta check to see if that Judge is one of the 6 i already have. 
    Diaz on 4.10 again

last 4:right, right, left, left(Ford).
    5.7 - 5.10
    Goose (R)
    Loaisiga (R)
    John (L)
    Ford (L)

Man, hopefully Jed & Goldy can handle 5.9 and 5.10 today. I'm about to find out.
    My clubs bracket is already horrible and I have the 2 ATGs...... pulled Jackson first cycle. 
    Think I am done for the day. Good luck guys.
    It took a replay, but Jed got it done.
    @DFBB used Jed on 5.9 and he didn't put up much of a fight. If you're using him on 5.10, who's your 5.9 guy if you don't mind me asking?
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Jed got nothing but garbage 2 times boosted. Giving goldy a shot next time
    @JEDDDOGGY Sorry bud, top secret!

Jk...I'm using Goldy at 5.9.
  • AccelmanAccelman Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    Not sure i'm too excited about this box. No 550 players, which GLU seemed to indicate were coming...
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Definitely harder today. Had some surprising autoplay restarts. 
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Michael Jack Schmidt was the man for me again.  Not going to have much time today, so glad the first one went through without video restarts.  Got Giambi, so maybe I just play for club points today.  Schmidt has always been good to me, he has a high hit and good WOH skills.  I am leaving to take him with me.