VIP

pojopojo Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
What all do you have to do to get VIP status? I've spent around 850$ and heard the magic number is 818

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @pojo the $818 number has been floated around for the 18 version but as GLU does not release the information about the requirements it's anyone's guess as to the exact number or requirements.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    There have been rumblings, but GLU has never made an official announcement regarding the criteria. I can say, however, that money spent isn't the sole criteria. 😁
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Congratulations @DFBB ! Well deserved :)
    It's all done with mirrors
  • fk2003fk2003 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I'm waiting too one-day I will 
    @DFBB made VIP? Who do I see about giving mine back????????

• Tylerman31Tylerman31 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    As far as I'm reading, it's all random and you do not have to spend the money to achieve it. If you spend time in the forums and global chat you have a better chance. I've gotten over a billion points for my club this year and was hoping that would do it but unfortunately there's no science to it.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Yeah it's not random.  It's 99% for the big spenders and former big spenders who got grandfathered to the next year and then maybe 1% for "other".
  • Tylerman31Tylerman31 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Yeah it's not random.  It's 99% for the big spenders and former big spenders who got grandfathered to the next year and then maybe 1% for "other".
    My squad mate never spent a dime and got VIP. Unless he lied he said it just randomly showed up lol
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I saw a guy post that he had made VIP. I PM’d him to see how he did it. He said he spent $500 over the course of 6 months. His post showed it was his very first post on the forum. When I looked at his game profile, he was like 110K team strength, maybe 8800 team wins and diamond. 
    Me, on the other hand, have spent much more money (over $825), played many more games, team strength over 150K, and I have been active on the forums and social media with no questionable or negative posts. 
    This tells me that it is somewhat random. Any time I contact CS to find out what more I need to do, they tell me they they do not make those decisions, the staff does.
  • draco333hedraco333he Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    edited March 2019
    I'm in the same boat. I'm doing everything I can but cant put up the money. Joined the forms a while back but never posted. Hopefully one day... 

• AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    The day I got VIP was at the exact same moment I got the final “purchase gold” achievement 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I think I was around $500 spent when I got VIP, so it definitely is possible without hitting the magic $818 number that is thrown around.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I hit that final purchase gold achievement over the weekend.
    I guess what I am saying is that "random" implies that it's just "eeny meeny miney mo" when obviously that isn't the case.  Clearly there is a big correlation between spending and VIP.  

Yes, there are other cases, and clearly DFBB got it for his community and forum activity, and I'm sure there are other isolated instances of people getting VIP for other reasons.  What I do believe is this:

1)  The vast majority of VIPs spent a lot of money on either this TSB or a previous TSB.  

2)  GLU does not care how good your team is or how many points you score for your club.

3)  You can do all the other things besides spending and may not get VIP.  You can post every day for the next 2 years about how much you love GLU and TSB and it does not guarantee you anything.
    I for one am just glad they don't take back your VIP status for unfavorable forum posts. :cold_sweat:   I am pretty sure however I have been blacklisted on the twitter #freestufffriday drawings all year for my objections early on.

Then again we need some dissent for developers to take notice and improve the game.

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I thought @DFBB recently said he was not a VIP. 
    Maybe i was confused. He deserves it for sure.
     B) 
    @tocopan18 I was hooked up a couple of days ago. 😁
    DFBB said:
    @tocopan18 I was hooked up a couple of days ago. 😁
    Still waiting on CS to get back to me on how I can give mine back. After @dkarski87 & @Bigpredfan @DFBB was the straw that broke this camel's back. But congrats though buddy :smile: 

Houmy said:
    I for one am just glad they don't take back your VIP status for unfavorable forum posts. :cold_sweat:   I am pretty sure however I have been blacklisted on the twitter #freestufffriday drawings all year for my objections early on.

Then again we need some dissent for developers to take notice and improve the game.
    I will never be VIP for that reason regardless of my forum activity, I refuse to toe the line and avoid warranted criticism.  I know I have been cynical at times whereas someone like DFBB is generally 100% positive (no offense, @DFBB, I understand positivity is generally good.  ;)

Obviously we all like to play this game or we wouldn't be here but I do feel it's important to be open and honest about the things that need improving.  I do try to also point out things I think are very good, like the WOH event from 2 days ago. 
    @Wicked0Wildcats I've been on both sides of it when it comes to defending & criticizing GLU and that is what forums should be about. I defended their right to make as much $$$ as possible what with the low box odds and all other aspects of the game designed to make you spend more as after all they are a company meant to make a profit for their investors. I also let them have it, to no avail I am afraid, when it turned out that the spending was for nothing due to bugs or missing/incorrect information (#skillsgate).

@Wicked0Wildcats Apparently, you've forgotten all about my rants on the ATGs? :) In all seriousness, my biggest issue with GLU is how hackers are handled. I understand the catch 22 involved, but yeah, it is what it is. I'm extremely competitive, but as a result, I 'merely' have fun with TSB.

• PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    Rants and sad face emogies are quite different bud .😁 
    edited March 2019
    @DFBB if you consider your posts on the ATG rants then you must be an extremely gentle creature. You must either be Canadian or perhaps Stuart Smalley?

Okay, okay, fair enough. They were more whines/pleas. LOL
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    @Houmy I had a continue on CVC yesterday and batter at plate was a double skill CVC guy - but neither skill was active...... didn't grab a screen shot as figured I would screw it up and mess up my continue.... was thinking of you as soon as I saw it!!! 
    @benny100 Dang really? I've never seen that. Ugh.
    benny100 said:
    @Houmy I had a continue on CVC yesterday and batter at plate was a double skill CVC guy - but neither skill was active...... didn't grab a screen shot as figured I would screw it up and mess up my continue.... was thinking of you as soon as I saw it!!! 
    #skillsgate

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @benny100 Dang really? I've never seen that. Ugh.
    Kicking myself for not grabbing it, but absolutely happened. Was Trea Turner SS double CVC. 
  • CoachButtermakerCoachButtermaker Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I've read $500+ for VIP in TSB 17 and now $800+ for 18. I got VIP this year but didn't finish the “purchase gold” achievement although I did spend some $. I never posted until recently and didn't have a strong team. Maybe they liked my username idk. I think they maybe raising the ceiling every year to see how far people will go to achieve it and to keep the game from becoming a sea of VIPs to keep it more prestigious.
  • marcoochmarcooch Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    One day we will
    be VIP