WoH Royale for 3-13-19: Bryant and...?

Comments

• ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Does everyone just swing at everything W. Ford throws to the plate and hope for magic contact timing for a hit (my most successful strategy thus far).  Love to hear some strategies from the heroes of WOH cycling crowd! Thx y’all
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    For what it’s worth, I don’t have a double skill stacking righty that’s good enough for 5-10, so after getting my ass kicked on Monday I decided to use hank for 5-10 the last 2 hours and he’s now won 6-7 with mostly just video boosts.
    really starting to think the base stats matter more than the skill boosts for the rng calculations, and the boosts help you get more favorable outcomes on hittable pitches.
    he even won without a boost...that being said I’d rather be using Edgar or molitor
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Houmy Still chilling and still no Pereza. Man, I wish he had a diff set of skills. I've seen several worh Posada so he's apparently the common 10% today.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • yellahammersyellahammers Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @yellahammers It would be ideal if you had more invested in skills. Your only player with stacked WoH skills is Davis so it won't be easy. You can definitely get it done. It'll just be a grind. For today, this is what I'd do:

Davis=5.7; Trout=5.8; Ramos=5.9; Betts=5.10
    Well, I’m 1/2 today with your approach which is HUGE for me! Thank you for the advice!

Good stuff @yellahammers! I need to get Pereza too so I can get working on tourneys.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    With 520 Goldy still sitting at 17/17 skills I am finding my most favorable situation with Ford to be 5-3 with 2 out and just praying and hoping for that 2 RBI double to tie it and go to extras.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I'm getting the 45% guys - need Posada to stay motivated for cycling!! Will give it another blast in a bit. Mantle doing well against Ford
  • AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Now that was a nice pull! Just need 2 more lol 
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Curious to know if I should try LL JD Martinez for 5.10 over Goldy. Martinez has a higher base being a 535, but his runner in scoring position skill isn't always active. A part of me feels that the initial player score is the most important factor in determining your future pitch sequence. So even though his runner in scoring position in theory should activate later, I'm not to convinced it does. Anyone else have any thoughts? 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @Aceseh jealous!! I'm hoping to get him just once. If I could get him twice somehow, that'd be amazing. I have zero career ATG / 1 percent pulls in WOH though so I'm not holding my breath lol.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Got Peraz, on the second time thru.  Can relax with tourneys now B)
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    edited March 2019
    @Punkers777
    that's one of the biggest mysteries in this game
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Got Votto.  I might try again later but it's not too exciting today for me.
    @Punkers777 I'd go with Goldy. It's unfortunate, but it's very important to always be double boosted.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Houmy Still chilling and still no Pereza. Man, I wish he had a diff set of skills. I've seen several worh Posada so he's apparently the common 10% today.

@DFBB consider me one of the 10%ers then (no additional PXP reward on mine though) with the 2nd cycle and I am done for today. Really wish I hadn't pulled him though as now Holiday Ted is 50/50 as a keeper. Maybe GLU will give VIPs more picks when the official release is out. Who knows.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I don’t think you need 16/16 skills to beat it at least at gold level as I don’t have any players with skills up that high. You just need the right players and platoon advantage. You may need 16/16 skills to cycle as I’ve only beaten WOH twice in the same day a couple of times. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I’m hoping they put one of the top relievers in the WOH soon. It’s the big flaw in my roster and the one thing I’d be willing to throw a lot of resources at this event to get. 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Anyone else having a higher than usual success rate. 525 D10 Jed with 20/20 skills is 9 for 11 so far today, only needing extra innings even once. 
    edited March 2019
    i'm 3-7 today with Jed in 5.10.
    Pulled 2 x votto and 1 x Molitor (this COULD be one of my keepers, even though I hate DH).
    Damn Tommy is harder (for me anyways) than Ford
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    8 for 14 with Jedd 20/20 skills, using the video bonus.  I agree Tommy is harder than Ford for me too so I have to use the 40 gold boost on 5.9
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    3 hours in and I’m o-10? today. Monday I quit after 7 because it was too easy. Wasn’t even using gold now I beat it with the 80 gold boost. Can’t figure it out
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Votto, posada, paraza ... slow playing toward hopefully another cycle....silver team got votto but has failed several times since against Ford.
    It's all done with mirrors
    2003cobra said:
    3 hours in and I’m o-10? today. Monday I quit after 7 because it was too easy. Wasn’t even using gold now I beat it with the 80 gold boost. Can’t figure it out
    Started crying too soon. 2-2 since my last post
  • NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Ford has become impossible for me after 3 super easy cycles...guess glu cranked up the cheat o meter.....
  • marela520marela520 Registered Users 65 Posts
    Frankly I don't have motivaton to play WOH today after see the players in the box.
    I just cycle once today but guess what?

What a battle today but the grinding paid off
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    So about those multipliers...... 😂....... free falling down the leaderboard. 

In other news I am going to miss this guy doing what he does when the end comes for 18.....

8 cycles and I got 6 x Votto, 1 x Molitor and 1 x Peraza
    My club in total cycled like 50 times and no one got the damned Posada and his freaking bonus points. How is that even possible?
  • jclarrick3jclarrick3 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    5 cycles today, finally got a righty that’s clearly better than my others. 1x Molitor, 1x Votto, 3x Peraza.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Day off from work and no multipliers other than prime led to 19 cycles. 1 Posada, 5 Votto, & 13 Peraza