Tsb19. Woh insights for those waiting to join us!!

newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
ok guys , I thought I could help y’all prepare a little with some info on 19 woh.   
    I just did my first cycle of 19, using my 2 keepers for 5.7 and 5.8. I used my legend for 5.9 and 5.10.  Had bit of trouble and had to use 1 retry on 5.8-5.10.  Also used gold boost for 5.9 and 5.10.   So basically the same as 18 for difficulty.   
   I will now show you my top 3 that got it done!!


And  for the record I have yet to get a batter of 300 max or better. So it seems the keepers will be top end players for a bit
Prev1

Comments

  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,134 Posts
    Thanks for the insight.  
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,511 Posts
    @newfy thanks for sharing and this actually answers my question about the keeper factors increasing. I thought that maybe as they started at 0.6 bronze they would go up by 0.1 each tier and finally hitting 1 at diamond but as you are silver already and the keepers are still at 0.6 I guess it has nothing to do with that.
    "OOPS... WE NEED TO RESTART" - GLU ca. 2019


  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    it is probably related to time, like 0.1 every 2 months or so
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    @Houmy I do believe it will be a time release thing like @tocopan18 said above.   I feel they will go up according to the current top ranked players.  We start at like 300-330 max players, which makes sense why the top 18 keepers are at 330 max to start!!!    
       They are basically giving us 2 top hitters to start.   And the keepers are not overly costly to cap at silver.  But skills cost is outrageous.  I have capped 2 keepers already and all my hitters and sp is also capped.   Just so you know a little more on the keepers.  You want to bring your best max guys with skills universal for most senerio’s.   
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 717 Posts
    @newfy - what are you finding is the best source of bxp? Grinding WOH probably works I would imagine even if your not cycling?
  • MattattackMattattack New Member Registered Users 1,571 Posts
    I've dabbled a little in 2019 woh.  On monday I got as far as 4.5 and yesterday got as far as 3.7.  Havent brought over my keepers yet tho.  Regardless I am still in bronze so not expecting a ton.  When I do play though, I am manually playing them all.   I feel like thats best way to not only build resources but also practice getting the timing back down.   The margin for error is much smaller for guys with less skill.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,511 Posts
    newfy said:
    @Houmy I do believe it will be a time release thing like @tocopan18 said above.   I feel they will go up according to the current top ranked players.  We start at like 300-330 max players, which makes sense why the top 18 keepers are at 330 max to start!!!    
       They are basically giving us 2 top hitters to start.   And the keepers are not overly costly to cap at silver.  But skills cost is outrageous.  I have capped 2 keepers already and all my hitters and sp is also capped.   Just so you know a little more on the keepers.  You want to bring your best max guys with skills universal for most senerio’s.   
    Thanks buddy. I've already decided on Hammering Hank & Holiday ted as both are my top favorites. Just curious though as to why you didn't make your legend a switch hitting catcher? Catchers are always hard to get until late in the season.
    "OOPS... WE NEED TO RESTART" - GLU ca. 2019


  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 368 Posts
    If your account is Jailed in 2018 is it still Jailed for 2019? Meaning you cant carry players over?

    WHY DO I KEEP PLAYING!

  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Houmy said:
    newfy said:
    @Houmy I do believe it will be a time release thing like @tocopan18 said above.   I feel they will go up according to the current top ranked players.  We start at like 300-330 max players, which makes sense why the top 18 keepers are at 330 max to start!!!    
       They are basically giving us 2 top hitters to start.   And the keepers are not overly costly to cap at silver.  But skills cost is outrageous.  I have capped 2 keepers already and all my hitters and sp is also capped.   Just so you know a little more on the keepers.  You want to bring your best max guys with skills universal for most senerio’s.   
    Thanks buddy. I've already decided on Hammering Hank & Holiday ted as both are my top favorites. Just curious though as to why you didn't make your legend a switch hitting catcher? Catchers are always hard to get until late in the season.

    and especially a switch hitter legend. Even if not a catcher, switcher will ALWAYS be better than R or L
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    ZaneJ78 said:
    If your account is Jailed in 2018 is it still Jailed for 2019? Meaning you cant carry players over?

    maybe they carry you to the 2019 jail :D 

  • MattattackMattattack New Member Registered Users 1,571 Posts
    ZaneJ78 said:
    If your account is Jailed in 2018 is it still Jailed for 2019? Meaning you cant carry players over?
    From what i've heard this is correct.  You cant carry over players from a jailed 2018 team
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Thanks buddy. I've already decided on Hammering Hank & Holiday ted as both are my top favorites. Just curious though as to why you didn't make your legend a switch hitting catcher? Catchers are always hard to get until late in the season.
    Just thought an outfield has more available spots to fill.   I kinda wish I did make catcher though as I already stacked my outfield with 2 keepers and my legend.  Oh well ,   Can’t get it all right.  Lol. 
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    Houmy said:
    newfy said:
    @Houmy I do believe it will be a time release thing like @tocopan18 said above.   I feel they will go up according to the current top ranked players.  We start at like 300-330 max players, which makes sense why the top 18 keepers are at 330 max to start!!!    
       They are basically giving us 2 top hitters to start.   And the keepers are not overly costly to cap at silver.  But skills cost is outrageous.  I have capped 2 keepers already and all my hitters and sp is also capped.   Just so you know a little more on the keepers.  You want to bring your best max guys with skills universal for most senerio’s.   
    Thanks buddy. I've already decided on Hammering Hank & Holiday ted as both are my top favorites. Just curious though as to why you didn't make your legend a switch hitting catcher? Catchers are always hard to get until late in the season.

    and especially a switch hitter legend. Even if not a catcher, switcher will ALWAYS be better than R or L
    I actually went with a righty with rhp skill. That I thought will work as well.  He will be strong for lhp and skilled strong for rhp.  I just feel the switch hitters don’t get same results as a righty vs lhp or reversed.   
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,511 Posts
    newfy said:
    Thanks buddy. I've already decided on Hammering Hank & Holiday ted as both are my top favorites. Just curious though as to why you didn't make your legend a switch hitting catcher? Catchers are always hard to get until late in the season.
    Just thought an outfield has more available spots to fill.   I kinda wish I did make catcher though as I already stacked my outfield with 2 keepers and my legend.  Oh well ,   Can’t get it all right.  Lol. 
    @newfy OF has been the most over crowded position in my experience and infielders, especially catchers, are the hardest to come by. As you are still silver I would just reset him to a catcher since they are supposed to evolve past 330 in 19.
    "OOPS... WE NEED TO RESTART" - GLU ca. 2019


  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    @Houmy. I just checked and it will cost me 500 gold to reset and all progress is lost.  So that’s xp to cap him and skills to level 4 or 5 
        So do you still think it’s worth doing?   I trust your opinions and if you say yes I will do it. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,511 Posts
    newfy said:
    @Houmy. I just checked and it will cost me 500 gold to reset and all progress is lost.  So that’s xp to cap him and skills to level 4 or 5 
        So do you still think it’s worth doing?   I trust your opinions and if you say yes I will do it. 
    @newfy before you reset him let's have the rest of the forum chime in.

    Personally I would as 500 gold isn't much in the long run and you can make it back in one week with the occasional video benders. BXP to cap him in silver is a lot better than you changing your mind in gold or higher.

    What do the rest of you think? 

    @DFBB @Bigpredfan @Sandpipers @nym5fan @dkarski87 and all others I failed to call out? (Sorry the list would be too long but I know of many of you whose opinions I respect & value)
    "OOPS... WE NEED TO RESTART" - GLU ca. 2019


  • BigpredfanBigpredfan New Member Registered Users 2,972 Posts
    Personally I would reset him too. The small setback this early in the season, while most of us still can’t even get started, will pay off in the long run. Switch hitting, if it’s available in 19, is the clear choice and then I would pick about anything other than OF as you will fill up those positions much easier. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,511 Posts
    @newfy it's been a while since I created mine so I don't remember the skills options but if you can select from any then I would also make it Late Innings as it always (maybe) gets activated in WOH.
    "OOPS... WE NEED TO RESTART" - GLU ca. 2019


  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Agree with @Houmy, 500 gold means nothing in the long run if you will be able to get better use out of your "legend" player, so I would reset him now.
     
    @newfy, regarding your comment on R, L or B, my opinion is that switch hitters are way more versatile than a specific side (regarding of the skills), and in your case with the vRH skill the player would have a double advantage (the skill PLUS hitting on the left side) when facing a righty. Then when facing a lefty, he would behave exactly as your is behaving now.

    So a switch hitter with the late inning skill (like @Houmy mentioned) would be really good for most events except CVC (as far as we know), regarding of the pitcher. 
    If you don't care about who that much, then the BO skill is active virtually always (except who and probably the first at bat in any other mode).
  • PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    I as well chose a switch hitting catcher for my 19 club . Resources lost are not too bad if you switch up now .
      Maybe its just me, but bxp seems to be rolling in faster this year as its included in almost every team and club reward tiers .
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    ok thanks @Houmy for your advice/input and thanks for calling out the diehards to help with this discussion.   Thanks others for your input, I will take this advice and reset him.   
       
       Ok so we all agree switch hit , catcher, late innings skill?     What about style?    I’m strong on hitting means most.   Any thoughts there?
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    newfy said:
    ok thanks @Houmy for your advice/input and thanks for calling out the diehards to help with this discussion.   Thanks others for your input, I will take this advice and reset him.   
       
       Ok so we all agree switch hit , catcher, late innings skill?     What about style?    I’m strong on hitting means most.   Any thoughts there?
    Here is the options. 

    I think ops will be best all around stats for him. Good hitting / power/ slugging.  Anyone got thoughts there?    If you want other stats just let me know
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I agree with @Houmy on the reset, however, just something to chew on... I have 2 teams I’m dabbling with in 19 and both teams have 4* catchers currenty (Molina and Ramos) while the rest of the positional players are mostly 4.5/5* already. I’ve played cvc a little bit, while woh and the rest of the events I’ve played very little. I haven’t created My Legend and may not. In 18, I made My Legend inactive in Silver relatively early and view the keeper players as its replacement in 19. I haven’t bought any boxes or draft picks, just got a few players from cvc wins and gifts.

    My point is you may not need to reset it if you’re doing ok in competitions and gifts and may just get a regular player as an upgrade anyway. I’ll be extra cautious about resources in 19 and not as worried about players as they’ve continued with their bonus box/draft picks schemes for each event and we will be rotating a constant stream of players in and out of our teams as a result.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    @DFBB @Bigpredfan @Sandpipers @nym5fan@dkarski87    Thoughts on skill?  And player type ?  Posted options above 
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    newfy said:
    @DFBB @Bigpredfan @Sandpipers @nym5fan@dkarski87    Thoughts on skill?  And player type ?  Posted options above 
    I would go with the 40/40 guy or Homer King
    It's all done with mirrors
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan New Member Registered Users 2,972 Posts
    newfy said:
    @DFBB @Bigpredfan @Sandpipers @nym5fan@dkarski87    Thoughts on skill?  And player type ?  Posted options above 
    I’m probably going to pick RHP as my skill and will try to find the best set up to accommodate both walk-off and derby honestly. 
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    newfy said:
    @DFBB @Bigpredfan @Sandpipers @nym5fan@dkarski87    Thoughts on skill?  And player type ?  Posted options above 
    I’m probably going to pick RHP as my skill and will try to find the best set up to accommodate both walk-off and derby honestly. 
    @Bigpredfan I chose ops because it has best hit/power and slugging combo.  With speed way low.   And I also did rhp skill. Seems like best I liked from options.  Seems to be more rhp’s then Left and I got mays capped for lefty’s.  Hoping it works out. Lol.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 5,171 Posts
    @newfy You chose exactly what I plan to be choosing: OPS and vs rhp. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 717 Posts
    I'm sold on OPS - highest hit right? - the skill not 100% yet but leaning to RH vs late inning given the % of RH pitchers in all modes
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 1,241 Posts
    What was the reward for getting past WOH
Sign In or Register to comment.