Tsb19. Woh insights for those waiting to join us!!

2Next

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Good deal @newfy. I’ll probably be doing the same thing myself. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I created a switch hitting catcher in 2018 and he has the second mist at bats on my team for the season. I will do the same this year as catchers were hard to come by early on. 
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    What was the reward for getting past WOH
    @2003cobra it was a 5* pitcher. Can’t remember who now though. 
    benny100 said:
    I'm sold on OPS - highest hit right? - the skill not 100% yet but leaning to RH vs late inning given the % of RH pitchers in all modes
    No @benny100 ops is 2nd best for hit rating but lead off has higher hitting with higher speed and low power.  I’m not a fan of low power as it seems to run singles until your out!!   
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    newfy said:
    benny100 said:
    I'm sold on OPS - highest hit right? - the skill not 100% yet but leaning to RH vs late inning given the % of RH pitchers in all modes
    No @benny100 ops is 2nd best for hit rating but lead off has higher hitting with higher speed and low power.  I’m not a fan of low power as it seems to run singles until your out!!   
    Thanks man - higher speed not that much use in my view for what I want to do with the game (WOH, CVC) - I think you've got the best set up
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    newfy said:
    benny100 said:
    Agree with you there. That’s why I always say that i prefer power over hitting for woh 5.9-5.10
    Too many times i have hitted 6-8 consecutive freaking singles an then when down by one run i get a curveball and game over. Power for extra bases whenever i get fastballs is more efficient, i think.

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Question for this if you already in 2019. 

Do skills seem seem to be needed to beat walk-off yet?  I don’t see how they could be because it would make it impossible for new players as typically skills aren’t introduced at first. I’m looking at who to bring over. I know I’ll have one for walk-off for LHB and RHB with my legend.  But I got LL Davis today and am tempted to consider bringing him over. I’m thinking about bringing him for cvc. I’d have both sides of the plate already covered for walk-off, but want to make sure the skills aren’t needed right off the bat 
    @Bigpredfan I don’t think they are needed but cant confirm that for sure.  I did cycle but I used my legend for 5.9 and 5.10.  He was a capped 330 max and I had skill at 4.  So not much but it was there so I can’t say if I got same results without the skill!!!     But I can say 80 rated pitchers are tough to beat with 145 mays with no skills.   But I did beat them, sometimes a couple retrys.   
       Hope that helps a bit!!   
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Thanks for the post. I’m taking Mays and Shawn green and know who you have makes me feel confident to get past WOH
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Next week I predict the king of lhb’s drool worthy keepers to be in the boxes on our last full ‘18 weekend.  Don’t sign any checks yet boys.....best yet to come.  
  • PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    Good news for Android users with todays update for 19 . Box and draft pick odds are now included throughout .
  • Flyba11sFlyba11s Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    WOH info was great! Appreciate the insight!!