Keeper details: let's discuss!

Comments

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    What are Ford’s skills? I believe one is LHB, but not sure the other. Regardless, here is my 2 cents...Gonzalez may only be a 515, however he has dbl Late Innings if I’m not mistaken. The max difference between Ford at say G10 vs Gonzalez at G10 would be maybe 15-20 points overall(even less at lower levels). Keep in mind that Gonzalez would get a dbl skill boost for eVeRy batter from the 7th on, while Ford wouldn’t. Ford already has a platoon advantage vs LH anyways. Even with the slight advantage in overall max for Ford, I wouldn’t necessarily say he is the hands down better choice when you consider all factors...

the problem with the skills Gonzalez has is that they are only active in the last 3 innings of the game, so he is basically "naked" (only base raw power) for his first 6 innings, which is what SP handles anyways most of the time in autoplay (except when your team is super strong and slaughters your opponents). For the last 2-3 innings a reliever will likely take charge. f you want to manual play each play Gonzalez throws starting in the 6th inning to use an energy drink every inning and keep him from tiring and being replaced,  
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    benny100 said:
    I'm leaning heavy towards an SR vs SP. Given how many 450+ SPs I have versus one good (two at a push) SRs after an entire season of playing, I think they will continue to be scarce and useful in the early days when you need it most.
    Which is why relievers are generally pointless in the game after an entire season of playing.  

Think of all the very important instances where an ace proves useful.  The finals of season mode, the finals of a tourney,  keeping a long streak going in the Prime event on a tough matchup.  It only takes one elite starter.  You don't even need an ice wrap, you can just use other game modes to line your ace up in the game you want to use him. 

Obviously a lights out reliever is helpful in protecting late leads, but not for one specific game that you need to win.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Dang, @Wicked0Wildcats dropping all the secrets! :)

In all seriousness, I totally agree. An ace is considerably more important than a reliever because he can potentially be involved in 100% of the game via an ice wrap(and juicing) or as @WickedWabbit pointed out, other methods. If the SP's 'stuff' and/or general ratings are better than a reliever, it's a no-brainer imo. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    @DFBB @Wicked0Wildcats

Great input guys.....I'm now leaning SP 😂 lol! 

Thanks for the advice!!
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    @tocopan18 I agree with ur point in being naked through th 6th. However when things matter the most (late innings) I’d rather have a guy w/ dbl skills vs each batter than w/o one. Unless you have an elite reliever, Gonzalez would continue throughout the game. Any 500+ pitcher is elite in my book and it really would only matter if playing a game vs another human. Honestly, I have Gonzalez unleveled on my bench because at this point I’ve invested in others and don’t need to use him to win. Just making a point regarding the absoluteness of taking a higher max guy over to ‘19. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Dang, @Wicked0Wildcats dropping all the secrets! :)

In all seriousness, I totally agree. An ace is considerably more important than a reliever because he can potentially be involved in 100% of the game via an ice wrap(and juicing) or as @WickedWabbit pointed out, other methods. If the SP's 'stuff' and/or general ratings are better than a reliever, it's a no-brainer imo. 
    While all these points are true how many 515+ starters do we all have on inactive compared to relief pitchers. To me relief pitchers are the equivalent of catchers.  
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    The starter vs reliever debate is a good one.  I lean a little towards reliever because i think they can impact more games for you and dont cost ice wraps to use every game.
    That being said, with the cost of keepers currently at what they are, its not guaranteed I am leveling the pitcher I take right away let alone taking them past bronze.

Thankfully your My Legend can only be a batter. Can you imagine the belly aching over what to do with a My Legend if they could be an SP, SR, MR or LR!
    benny100 said:
    Thankfully your My Legend can only be a batter. Can you imagine the belly aching over what to do with a My Legend if they could be an SP, SR, MR or LR!
    Wonder how easy/hard it will be to get the custom legend XP in 19 as I see they still show it so I am thinking it will be introduced this year. It was coded in for 18 as those that remember that one day fire sale* for $1 blue cash guaranteed legend and custom legend XP.

*it was a bug - all were taken back by GLU and no jailing that I heard of.

@Houmy Maybe hold that catcher thought for 5mins? :)

I love that everyone has diff ideas of what is most optimal. If we all saw things exactly the same, we'd all have the exact same teams. Call me crazy, but no thanks to that. 
    U can use the same starter for every game...Ice wraps are for the uninformed 🤪
    AND no, it’s not a hack/cheat/glitch...
    fahhq2 said:
    Yeah but cash is hard to come by at first and tournaments could get expensive and boring just to restart an ace. I miss the 17 way :wink: 

• SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I’m plat and my relievers are silver, except for 1 gold who was leveled up at the time because he was bxp and I thought I needed at least 1 at gold when I move my team up from silver. Then the barrage of players that we kept receiving thru woh and bonus boxes kept my pitchers where they were, except my starters who I took to gold. When I went plat, I made one bxp starter plat and never touched anyone else. The only time I've been negatively affected by my pitching status was when a club mate started a game with me a couple days ago and clobbered Gagne for 18 runs coz he was at S1 lol. Prime Diaz at S10 from looong back was my closer until a week ago lol.

So based on my experiences I’m taking a starter.... I think ;)
    It's all done with mirrors
    @Houmy JT is is fiyaH(literally)! lol
    @DFBB as tempting as he would be if I get him in WOH next week I would still go with Teddy ballgame. Will never spend 5X on the skills and even if I do I would already have Hank for that.

So just got a push notification with "A little something to start your dynasty..." (couldn't see the rest) but nada upon logging in. Anyone else?

Houmy said:
    So just got a push notification with "A little something to start your dynasty..." (couldn't see the rest) but nada upon logging in. Anyone else?
    Same
  • spaghettiloverspaghettilover Registered Users 59 Posts
    Houmy said:
    It was a reminder to pre-register 2019.
    @spaghettilover thanks for the clarification. Never see the entire title in push notifications. And GLU must really want more of my $$$ if I get 3 push notifications from them at the same time now :flushed: 

Hidden amongst the big guys, this is a decent looking player for keeper consideration. 2B not flush with options in 2018 and prob will be the same in 2019
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    benny100 said:
    Hidden amongst the big guys, this is a decent looking player for keeper consideration. 2B not flush with options in 2018 and prob will be the same in 2019
    Looks good, just a bit better than Comeback Odor, who was 520, same skills but not a switch hitter. And blue xp too. Good option for people who don't have higher rating players.
    Houmy said:
    fahhq2 said:
    Yeah but cash is hard to come by at first and tournaments could get expensive and boring just to restart an ace. I miss the 17 way :wink: 

not sure how it was in 17. There is an easy way-I’m sure it’s still the same in ‘19, to cherry pick who you want to start w/o any cost. PM for details(however it’s no big secret)...

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    With 550 looking to be the ceiling, I think this is my first guaranteed keeper
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    In addition to whatever Comes next week lol
    It's all done with mirrors
  • GSonpointGSonpoint Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    DFBB said:
    This is from @Mattattack, who's a VIP:

• GSonpointGSonpoint Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    does the 167/167 indicate that you can bring over up to 167 players, or keeper transfers?  If so, that would tell me that you probably get 1 freebie, and then have to start forking over some gold to bring more.  However, with the 5x xp rumor, if its true, why wouldnt they let you bring all you wanted to?  Your going to pay out the butt to level them anyway.....
    Courtesy of @Mattattack, here are babe and mantles new b1 ratings....

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Courtesy of @Mattattack, here are babe and mantles new b1 ratings....

I think if you factor in cost of the keepers (unless something changes) in terms of upgrading skills and being able to use them past silver, and also the base ratings; ATGs seem pretty appealing to keep right now.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    If I happen to get that Realmuto there is no way I am keeping him. I don't want to develop epilepsy or get a brain tumor from looking at that.