Feedback on CVC Sniping

DrDDrD Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
Hey All
During CVC events, I am having very highly rated players join our club with five minutes left in a match, drop a few million points, walk away with the high round score prize and the MVP prize, and then leave the club immediately after the match ends.   How do you handle this with your club?  Is there any way to make sure this doesn't happen so those that are regular club members (ie. don't join for 5 mins and jet) have a chance to get the high round prize and the MVP prize?  This seems like kind of bad behavior in my mind.  What are your thoughts?
Thanks for your feedback
DrD

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The easy fix is to make your club private. Or you can kick them prior to CvC ending. Personally, if i see that the leaders/assistants are active, I either ask if I can play or I move on. If the leaders/assistants are not active, then it's basically like the wild west.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    ...if i see that the leaders/assistants are active, I either ask if I can play or I move on. If the leaders/assistants are not active, then it's basically like the wild west.
    LOL....should be at the top of every would be snipers checklist.
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    DrD said:
    Hey All
    During CVC events, I am having very highly rated players join our club with five minutes left in a match, drop a few million points, walk away with the high round score prize and the MVP prize, and then leave the club immediately after the match ends.   How do you handle this with your club?  Is there any way to make sure this doesn't happen so those that are regular club members (ie. don't join for 5 mins and jet) have a chance to get the high round prize and the MVP prize?  This seems like kind of bad behavior in my mind.  What are your thoughts?
    Thanks for your feedback
    DrD
    Give them the last minute boot. And verbally abuse them afterwards. 😂👍
    edited March 2019
    DrD said:
    Hey All
    Thanks for your feedback
    DrD
    Give them the last minute boot. And verbally abuse them afterwards. 😂👍
    As a sniper, probody I’ll tell you that you are just wasting energy.  Just as a person can privatize a club there are provisions for aggressive harassment in the form of blocking.   Make your club private, have a shot and try to relax is my recommendation.  
  • rferg29rferg29 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Glu should prevent players from joining a club while a CVC is in progress.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited March 2019
    rferg29 said:
    Glu should prevent players from joining a club while a CVC is in progress.
    You don’t have to go that far, just make it like it is for a regular event. If you join in progress after the match starts you don’t get rewards for that match.

edit: I think we have the wrong name for this. I am a cvc sniper. I don’t play until the end. I shoot one shot. If the bar is set high enough I won’t make it. However if someone is trying to just get by I’ll “kill” them with my one shot, like a sniper.   
    @bigvivec once again, its a game. I really couldn’t care less. Cant get too agressive anyway.  There is some sort of filter on private messages.  But, the amount of “defending ones self” im getting from the jumpers is hilarious. Yall know its wrong. 
    I never defended my actions. I have maintained it is what it is.  I look for weak clubs and exploit them. If you are in a club and don’t want this to happen then the option exists to make it private and I and others like me will not bother you at all.  Anything else is just hot air and you will be visited because no matter how strong your club, there are whales out there.  Our club has put up as much as 400m a round....gurriel came in once and took the pot with three rounds, one over 100m.  Dog eat dog otherwise privatize and stop crying.  
    Nope wont do it.  Come in my club.  U will waste an hour.   If you are 15 years old. I get it.  If you are a grown ass man and club jumping.  You are a loser.  Sorry   Truth hurts. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Theoretically someone could join a club at 10:59, push auto play once and win the boxes and could be out of that club by 11:00:06.  I personally don’t like the practice but as others have said if you go private this eliminates the scavengers and effectively this issue unless the other club beats you with a scavenger which has happened to me a few times but it is what it is.
  • rferg29rferg29 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    As you stated, the opposing Club is the real problem. You have no control over what they do and if they aren't vigilant about snipers it can greatly skew the matchup.
    Nope wont do it.  Come in my club.  U will waste an hour.   If you are 15 years old. I get it.  If you are a grown ass man and club jumping.  You are a loser.  Sorry   Truth hurts. 
    I know.....I get it big man, you bring the pain.  

Probably just the ‘roids talking right!?!  

Anyway, you have the ability to protect yourself if you want to.  “Loser” hasn’t lost a CvC round the last few weeks now.  No shame in my game;  this is a part of the gameplay whether it sits well with you or not.  If more people were ABLE to do this I believe they would.  Anyway, play the game how you want;  it has zero bearing on me anyhow.  
  • stevebalbonistevebalboni Registered Users, Member 108 Posts
    I snipe frequently—there’s an etiquette—don’t win rounds in an active club without permission, and if someone is already in the club, move on. 

Leaving it until the last seconds to win is wrong. 

Set club to private if if you don’t want visitors. 

I’m curious as to why you feel like leaving it to the last second is wrong. I do leave it to a “one shot” mentality a lot as I’m in a club by myself. 

I let the opponents set set the bar, then I see if I can jump over that bar.  If the bar is set high enough, I won’t win obviously. But if the bar is set low by my opponent I will take the match with only 5K blue cash at the most spent by me. 

Im just curious to hear the opinion. Not upset that we disagree, just wanting to see the other point of view 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    My opinion is that is sucks more for the losing club than someone taking the boxes for the winning club. Matchups are set up based on rankings and then a sniper joins the opposing club and shoots u down. I’ve won a lot of cvc boxes and haven’t really received players from the mystery boxes but xp is always needed. 
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    If I have the right batting match up, I just enjoy the personal challenge of seeing how long i can bat. At this stage in the season the rewards i can take it or leave it - (0 for 8 on boxes so far influences that thought lol). So now I just try and time my video boost to the pitcher I want to go after and see how far I can push it. I'll either go with an entire R or L batting line up with blowout or cvc skills and have some fun
  • AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Couldn’t help but notice that @Probodybuilder’s club is private now. Hmmmmmm
    @Aceseh wasnt set by me. Probably by the guy that usually wins.  
    @Aceseh.  “Couldnt help but notice”.  Lol. You actually went to the game and searched my team.   Lol.  You are now also in the “Loser” catagory.  Congrats 
    @Aceseh.  “Couldnt help but notice”.  Lol. You actually went to the game and searched my team.   Lol.  You are now also in the “Loser” catagory.  Congrats 
    Says the person in a club with this name. If those nuts are for me when do I get them? 

Its not my club. Im not the leader.  Oh, and werent you the loser who had to delete the app because he was addicted.  Lol. And he is back already.  Keep the role call of losers coming. 
    Says the person in a club with this name. 

LMAO.....That is brilliant!!!  Of course the club has a name like that!!!!   Hahahahaha
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I go away for a week and people get grumpy... :|<3
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Its not my club. Im not the leader.  Oh, and werent you the loser who had to delete the app because he was addicted.  Lol. And he is back already.  Keep the role call of losers coming. 
    I’m the loser who deleted the app while he

1.  is working on a Master’s program to become an administrator in a school to help children
    2.  is selling his house and buying a bigger one for his family 
    3.  Is working a full time job. 

If if that makes me a loser than I’d much rather be a loser than whatever you want to call yourself. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I snipe frequently—there’s an etiquette—don’t win rounds in an active club without permission, and if someone is already in the club, move on. 

Set club to private if if you don’t want visitors. 
    This is exactly how I go by it as well.  I've been solo cvc long to know who alot of the other people that do the same.   If I see a club is either active, or another fellow solo cvc'r is in the club, I move along.   I dont think there is anything wrong with that at all

1.  is working on a Master’s program to become an administrator in a school to help children

If if that makes me a loser than I’d much rather be a loser than whatever you want to call yourself. 
    All very admirable.  Wipe the tears away and remember you came at me. I never even started any “jumper” thread.  Someone complained about jumpers, i agreed.  And all the insecure jumpers having hissy fits.  

All very admirable.  Wipe the tears away and remember you came at me. I never even started any “jumper” thread.  Someone complained about jumpers, i agreed.  And all the insecure jumpers having hissy fits.  
    But I’m not a jumper. Stay in the same club just by myself. I’ll wipe these tears away. 
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    Plain and simple if it happens it happens. If someone is going to get mad about it then dont let it happen. That nifty kick button is handy. If you want the xp reward let them jump in. At this point it's the end of the season. It's all on the club itself as a club not one person. Take it or leave it. That should be the end of it. 
  • AcesehAceseh Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Yea man. It took me hours and hours to log into the game I was already playing and search for someone who’s username I know. Damn, my life is over now that I’m a loser. 
    And btw... you better keep that club locked, cuz I’ll be watching. And I’m not gonna give you an hour to boot me... 
    @aceseh The fact you even searched me is hilarious.  I havent searched you. Why would you even care?  That Club is public. A Guy locked it while he was inviting someone to get us a 20th guy.  Keep seaching for guys.  Sounds fun.