WoH for 3-18-19: In JT, We Trust!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
We're coming down the stretch and somehow, I'm still excited as heck about WoH. Reason being? JT REALUMUTO! A 550 max catcher with the highest 'hit'(for now) and ideal skills? Sign me up! I was actually fortunate enough to pull JT over the weekend, but I need help with capping him. I know many who weren't as fortunate and would absolutely love a crack at JT. Here's hoping that not only is JT in today's box(we'll worry about Weds after tonight's event), I hope he's the 'common' 10%er. 
Oh yeah, as has been the pattern, there should also be other players in the box as well. I also believe there will be a guaranteed player today since it's a Monday. Whatever, JT or bust! Seriously though. I hope we get some pitching in the box today. Last Monday, GLU went with two 45% players and we'll see if that remains to be the case today. We also had a nice guarantee from the weekend box. I fear that Kruk may be that guy today. Man, I hope I'm totally wrong there. Regardless, I need resources bad(yup, even at this stage), so I plan on grinding all day. GL to everyone who's pushing down the stretch and GL those who are chasing keepers. Fastballs, fastsballs, and of course, Holiday Ted! 
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Holiday Ted. The dusty Christmas gift that you forgot to give your wife sitting behind Chinese checkers and life that hasn't moved for years in the closet. Come on glu. Ted's not a fine wine. Open him up
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @chainblueltng That's hilarious! HAHA!
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    For those of us that weren’t lucky enough to get him JT woukd be awesome but woukd he be a better keeper than Mays?
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    edited March 2019
    not a good comparison cause Mays has a skill vsL and Realmuto vsR.
    If you compare Realmuto vs an elite player (535+) with the same set of skills, the main reason that would make Realmuto a better keeper is the fact that he is a C, which is one of the positions where most of us struggle during the year to have a superb player.

So, going by your initial question, take both. B)
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Praying for a big left handed hitter in the 45% group to take as a keeper.
    tocopan18 said:
    not a good comparison cause Mays has a skill vsL and Realmuto vsR.
    If you compare Realmuto vs an elite player (535+) with the same set of skills, the main reason that would make Realmuto a better keeper is the fact that he is a C, which is one of the positions where most of us struggle during the year to have a superb player.

So, going by your initial question, take both. B)
    Lol. I’m sure that I won’t get him before then. Hard to leave Shawn green behind if I did
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Wow @the box....JT and mucho!

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    All in! A grinding day ahead 😀
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    LOL you nailed it with Kruk, @DFBB

Well looks like I get to save 15k gold on Molitor today. Shouldn't have did those upgrades for D7, D8, D9 over the weekend. Didn't think he'd ever be a 45% guy... 

Might actually be trying to cap Molitor and Hosmer instead of Krukkie here.
    probably the best wow rewards in the whole year.
    Several good keepers in there.
    I already have Babe batter (who i'm probably leaving behind because of that RISP skill) and Molitor (already planning to have him as keeper), but today's loot could change my perspective
    5.7 is Gosage again - anyone got 5.8 before I guess?
    Its Loaisiga - I guessed right!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    5.7-5.10
    Goose (R)
    Loaisiga (R)
    John (L)
    Ford (L)
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

thanks @Houmy
    tocopan18 said:
    thanks @Houmy
    You got it buddy. Seems very easy today. Got through 5.10 with no recorded outs. Got Hosmer of course :neutral:

this is going to be a long day, lol
    Could be one of those days...... with so many 10% guys this could be tough to get the one u want!
    Molitor on 2nd cycle. Gonna give it one more go and get back to work.

• ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts

Molitor and hosmer so far. Not much confidence in getting something better
    Hosmer x1 & Molitor X2. Gonna stop now and maybe come back later if I feel like playing.

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited March 2019
    seeing a few Roberts floating around, guessing hes the common 10%
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Strategy question:  If you cycle more than 9X, do you upgrade the free player Kruk (who keeps getting leveled through each cycle) through 10 so he keeps leveling even if you are most likely dumping him after today?
    @midgetmullet I don't understand your question. If you cycle 9x times then Kruk would be leveled automatically anyway. Are you referring to manually taking him up a tier once he is at 10? If so then I wouldn't waste the gold & EVO as you would dump him anyway.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I wouldn't mind capping Hosmer out but I'm not sure I want to spend to invest in skills. I have 520 Goldschmidt manning 1B right now and he's going to be one of my favorite players since he's a Cardinal now. The opportunity to have a 535 max guy capped at 1B is a somewhat mild draw for me still. Guess I'll hang on to these boxes for now until I decide.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

I wouldn't mind capping Hosmer out but I'm not sure I want to spend to invest in skills. I have 520 Goldschmidt manning 1B right now and he's going to be one of my favorite players since he's a Cardinal now. The opportunity to have a 535 max guy capped at 1B is a somewhat mild draw for me still. Guess I'll hang on to these boxes for now until I decide.
    Yea I was jazzed to use my capped Hoz to along with capped Boggs thinking no way theres 2 lefties at the end but yea you know.   Oh well, Ill keep letting Tommy John drive me crazy
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    only took 6 months of trying 
  • JUSTTHETIPJUSTTHETIP Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    How much better is Molitor over Captain Boggs? Would you take him to 19 over Boggs when he’s stuck only at DH?
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    How much better is Molitor over Captain Boggs? Would you take him to 19 over Boggs when he’s stuck only at DH?

You'd have to take Boggs based on similar skills and the fact he plays an actual position.  IMO. 

I don't even think i would take Molitor over Shawn Green, although it's a tougher call. 

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Is this Jonathan Loaisiga thing just an ongoing joke that I'm not getting?  I realize he's a decent prospect, but next to the guys he's up there with, this guy would be a 2.5 star nobody if he had any hat on besides a Yankees hat.