2B Harrison sucks
    3B Machado - R - Blowout and RISP - 525 Max
    SS Simmons - R - RHP and WOH - 515 Max
    LF Blackmon - L - CvC and CvC - 515 Max
    CF Jackson - L - WOH and RISP - 510 Max
    RF Harper - L RHP and CvC - 520 Max
    DH 1B Goldschmidt - R - LHP and Late Innings - 520 Max
    Sub 3B Schmidt - R - WOH and LHP - 510 Max

Unless I get something good these next two weeks, I'm leaning towards keeping my R Schmidt (LHP, WOH) and my L Harper (RHP, CvC - ouch). I don't see a combo of skills I like more for WOH then maybe Goldschmidt (Late Innings and LHP) but to me 3B>1B. In '18 I struggled with getting good 3B, C and 2B. I'm leaning towards a Switch-hitting Catcher MyPro with RHP skill in '19. Sucks to leave behind 525 Machado, 510 Votto (my MVP and a guy who has completed 5.10 for me) and 510 Molina though. For pitcher, it's easily 530 Hot Stuff Seaver (SP with RISP and RHP). My biggest hope is that they increase the cap on your Pro beyond 330 as time passes, but knowing Glu ...

Open to ideas and suggestions.
    Cycled so I added Paul Moliter (DH) and Kruk (1B). Not exactly excited about those two as keepers, but they are both 540 Max players and Moliter has LHP, LHP skills.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Open to ideas for keepers:
    C Molina - R - WOH and RISP 515 Max
    1B Votta - L - RISP and RHP 510 Max
    2B Harrison sucks

Unless I get something good these next two weeks, I'm leaning towards keeping my R Schmidt (LHP, WOH) and my L Harper (RHP, CvC - ouch). I don't see a combo of skills I like more for WOH then maybe Goldschmidt (Late Innings and LHP) but to me 3B>1B. In '18 I struggled with getting good 3B, C and 2B. I'm leaning towards a Switch-hitting Catcher MyPro with RHP skill in '19. Sucks to leave behind 525 Machado, 510 Votto (my MVP and a guy who has completed 5.10 for me) and 510 Molina though. For pitcher, it's easily 530 Hot Stuff Seaver (SP with RISP and RHP). My biggest hope is that they increase the cap on your Pro beyond 330 as time passes, but knowing Glu ...

Cycled so I added Paul Moliter (DH) and Kruk (1B). Not exactly excited about those two as keepers, but they are both 540 Max players and Moliter has LHP, LHP skills.

Why not excited?  Molitor is definitely keeper material, esp in consideration of what you have in hand.   
  • DCoffin616DCoffin616 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Just noticed Steve Cishek from the Cubs legacy box loads up in 19 as a SP and not SR
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Open to ideas for keepers:
    C Molina - R - WOH and RISP 515 Max
    1B Votta - L - RISP and RHP 510 Max
    2B Harrison sucks

Why not excited?  Molitor is definitely keeper material, esp in consideration of what you have in hand.   
    I'm just not crazy about losing the flexibility the DH spot provides, but Molitor far exceeds my other options at RH batter. Molitor actually helped me cycle again as I immediately maxed him, but then I got Molitor out of my second WOH box. Kruk having CvC is a bummer but again, he would be my best option at LH batter. Throw in 530 Seaver and a SH Catcher My-pro and I'll be a lot better off in '19 then I was going into '18, so there is that.

I guess beggars can't be choosers, haha.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    edited March 2019
    I am not so convinced it is wise to keep 3 players who are any combo of all 3 legend and prime.
    If I have a regular XP  Verlander Max 525 and regular xp Jose Martinez 500 and Adam Jones 490 , and a legend Whitey Ford and Molitor max 540 plus legend Rizutto 530. I might caution that it requires 3-4x more gold and XP to flip prime n legends to gold and platinum eventually...on top of any keepers penalty.

O always loved getting non prime non legend super players best of all...

Food for thought,
    ORBBIRDS
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    ORBBIRDS said:
    I am not so convinced it is wise to keep 3 players who are any combo of all 3 legend and prime.
    If I have a regular XP  Verlander Max 525 and regular xp Jose Martinez 500 and Adam Jones 490 , and a legend Whitey Ford and Molitor max 540. I might caution that it requires 3-4x more gold and XP to flip to gold and platinum eventually...on top of any keepers penalty.

Food for thought,
    ORBBIRDS
    Supposedly keepers will become totally regular xp players in 19, regarding of what they are in 18.
    Yes, 5x the resources,  but there is no difference if they were legend/prime/regular
    Nice! 
    Then the choices are obvious!
    Thanks for the update!!!
    ORBBIRDS
    ...I guess we would only need to consider max potential, cross-referenced against the least "deep", or toughest positions to acquire great talent?
    ORBBIRDS
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Got Molitor twice and Hoz. For keepers, I have no better than Molitor as RH lefty killer but what about Hoz vs Boggs ?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @COWPILEY Hoz has the same skills and 'hit' rating as Boggs. However, he has more power(+3 at b1). Molitor is 2nd only to Mantle vs lhp in WoH so he's real nice. In other modes, he's the very best vs LHP.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • AccelmanAccelman Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    Hoz should be a little better:

Boggs at G10: 328/328/208
    Hoz at G10: 328/335/212.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Thanks. Only downside I can see is SD pennants vs BOS pennants.  
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Would anyone take Hoz over Holiday Ted for WOH 19? Ted has higher hit less power
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Here are my thoughts on this. If we are ranking based purely on WOH my list would be:
    Miami JT > Green > Prime Harper > Hoz > Holiday Ted.

The reason is because hit rating in my opinion is better for WOH. I have prime Harper (330/341/189) and Green (335/332/197) both at G10 with same double skills 16/20 and near equal pennants (60/60 for green and 54/60 Harper) and green still has a higher player rating (412 for green and 411 for Harper) when starting WOH unboosted . This was a huge surprise to me because I got prime Harper thinking his player rating would be much better for WOH than green since his power is higher. But in fact its lower, so I think the algorithm weighs hit more. That is why holiday Ted (337/311/202) has been so dominate because he has the highest hit rating of all lefties.

Now you could make the argument that overall this is a difference of a few percentage points, and is it significant enough make a true difference in WOH? That I don't know. And the fact that Greens skills are limited to WOH. Thats why I would choose prime Harper over Green as my keeper because his skills are more versatile and not limited to WOH. 
    You have a very good point and from that list i would also probably keep harper, but regardless of what woh starting ratings say, i stand by my position that for a 5.9-5.10 killer, power matters more than hitting. 
    As it is, especially in 5.10 we are hardly lucky enough to get a few consecutive fastballs before the deadly curveballs appear. So we need a batter than most likely will convert a fastaball into a double/triple/HR, as opposed to a single. That’s what power ratings do for a player. I have had many instances where i’ve hitted 3-5 singles in a row, bases loaded within 1-2 runs of tying the game. Then curveballs and game over. In those final rounds u need extrabases to make EVERY fastaball translate into multiple runs if posible.
    That being said, it doesn’t mean that i want a player with 150 hitting and 400 power, but when comparing balanced players like in the previous cases, i weigh power more than hitting.
    My lefty bat decision is a tough one. Holiday Ted seems to have something special about him in WOH, Babe's power is insane yet that second skill..... and now there's Hoz and lots of other contenders..... 

Nice to be spoilt for choice though! The list of possibles will probably get longer this week and wknd!
    edited March 2019
    Loving the discussion! If I had to decide right now, my lean is JT and Babe. I consider JT to be the most valuable keeper currently available and the 2nd spot is an absolute toss up. I'm leaning Babe because I'm biased and he isn't exactly chop liver.
    COWPILEY said:
    Thanks. Only downside I can see is SD pennants vs BOS pennants.  
    I’ll say it again.....since we will all have multiple versions of Manny SD pennants are no problem!
    benny100 said:
    Would anyone take Hoz over Holiday Ted for WOH 19? Ted has higher hit less power
    Me
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Pick 2:

550 OF Mantle:  (LHP, Late)
    540 DH Molitor:  (LHP, LHP)
    535 1B Hosmer:  (RHP, RHP)
    525 2B Lowrie:  (WOH, WOH)

• dontgodontgo Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    Pick 2:

it would be Mantle & Hos for me.
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Pick 2:

Good question, because I have these same guys and I've been wondering the same.  I have Mantle but I don't have him leveled.  Does anyone use Mantle for WOH?  Are his skills vs. LHP good enough to beat 5.10 consistently?
    Pick 2:

Mantle and Hosmer.
    @midgetmullet , Mantle is basically the best player to win 5.10 versus a lefty

@Wicked0Wildcats and @dontgo, I would probably use the same two, Mantle and Hosmer

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Mantle is THE best vs LHP in every mode...
    fahhq2 said:
    Mantle is THE best vs LHP in every mode...

except cvc, where the late inning skill is not active
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Pick 2:

Mantle and Hos
    Pick 2:

Mantle and Hos - no doubt

Mantle is unbelievable at 5.10 if it's a lefty. I pumped his skills to 20/20 around Christmas knowing he would always be relevant and I dont remember the last time he lost at 5.10 providing I carried a video repeat - so very rare he ever loses 2 in a row for me.
    Moli is also awesome for WOH if u didn't have Mantle - he has been taking down Tommy John last two weeks for me with 16/16 skills and just a video boost
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Pick 2:

Same question for me, except swap Mays for Mantle.  One of Mays' skills is WoH.  So not active in other modes, but I do love WoH.