Comments

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    Pick 2:

550 OF Mantle:  (LHP, Late)
    540 DH Molitor:  (LHP, LHP)
    535 1B Hosmer:  (RHP, RHP)
    525 2B Lowrie:  (WOH, WOH)

Same question for me, except swap Mays for Mantle.  One of Mays' skills is WoH.  So not active in other modes, but I do love WoH.
    That's not such a slam dunk. Mays a little higher power I think and Moli a little higher hit (I might have that the wrong way around). Moli skills both work in other events if it's a LH pitcher, Mays has that one WOH specific skill. But Moli is a DH only. I would lean Mays just cos hes an ATG and it's a lot about WOH but close call
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I am in the same boat with Mays and molitor. I’ve just got both of them so not leveling them at this time. I’m leaning towards Mays because he’s willie freakin Mays. Does anybody have them leveled at gold 10 to compare?
  • total13total13 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I've been hanging onto Mays unleveled for a while now with every intention of him being my LHP-killer Keeper. Then I got Molitor yesterday. I didn't even contemplate it and traded him in (coz I am done building for 18). I would drive myself crazy trying to make that decision so I eliminated one of the choices. My initial thought was: I just don't want to be hand-cuffed at DH, as silly as that may sound. 
    I agree about the DH. Ted can fill 4 slots while molitor can only fill 1. Keep in mind that if you can cycle WOH your team improve very quickly with many new players. How long will it be before the new guys have a higher max than our keepers?
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I am in the same boat with Mays and molitor. I’ve just got both of them so not leveling them at this time. I’m leaning towards Mays because he’s willie freakin Mays. Does anybody have them leveled at gold 10 to compare?

Not my images.  I'm leaning towards Mays because he's Mays.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Appreciate the feedback guys!  I was definitely planning on taking Mickey, was leaning Jed for #2 but you guys have me convinced on Hoz!   Love that double RHP skill!
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    On Molitor vs. Mays:

I actually like Molitor a little better, having stackable skills in multiple events, and a slightly better hit tool.  But I hate that he is a DH only.  So it's a tough call.  
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Just saying, don't take Lowrie. I took him, Molina, and BR pitcher. Lowrie sucks ass in '19.
    Thanks for the images. I think that Mays edges molitor ever so slightly. There’s a little better possibility of a Big homerun to end it with Willie. 
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I also hate that Molitor is DH, but being a woh 5.10 killer versus lefties, I don’t think it is a big deal having that spot fixed now. If eventually i pull a player that’s more useful overall than molitor (for other events), i can always send molitor to SUB and still be able to use him for latest rounds in woh. 
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I was set to take boggs and goldy. Then i got hosmer. My best lefty and righty are 1st base. Really wanted molitor but missed out. id hate to leave the hos behind since his power is better compared to boggs, but overall he is not better enough to justify taking 2 1st basemen and sticking 1 at dh.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I’ve had trouble all year getting righties I’m tempted to bring Schmidt, and Hank instead of Hoz
  • hornsup17hornsup17 Registered Users 75 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Since there is a lot of discussion on who to keep, I figured I would take a poll on my keepers as well...I’m leaning towards Mays and Green, but just  landed Hoz recently.       as for the pitcher, I was leaning toward Gagne until I landed Roberts...let’s here some thoughts, set go!
    Thanks in advance.
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    hornsup17 said:
    Since there is a lot of discussion on who to keep, I figured I would take a poll on my keepers as well...I’m leaning towards Mays and Green, but just  landed Hoz recently.       as for the pitcher, I was leaning toward Gagne until I landed Roberts...let’s here some thoughts, set go!
    IMO. Go with Roberts. Starter can be used over and over again. But I have the same call with Seaver and Gagne. So I going with Seaver unless someone else has a compelling argument. 
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Got my keeper ready for 19 in mint condition!  I’m not even going to let him bat in 18 just so he can get his first hit in 19 🙌🏼
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    why bother to level him then?
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    why bother to level him then?
    Ridiculous amounts of resources.  When you have over 1 million of each xp the season is over lol. 
  • milesdavismilesdavis Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    When you transfer over to 19 from 18 do you get to keep more than 3 players? Specifically, i am curious about gold, the three types of XP, evo tokens, as well as, cash. Does this stuff get moved along with the three players of your choosing? Also, it seems like leveling up your players between tiers is more obligatory on 19 than 18. Do players like Willie Mays require a special type of evo token on the new game like they did on the old? If so, are boxes for that type of evo comparably priced there as here?

I am really debating whether i want to move to the new game. I love tap baseball but glu is so shady and money hungry. I'd like to know it's not going to cost hundreds of dollars and months of time just to get started on the new game. I did that already and not sure it's worth it to do it all over again. 
  • ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Bagwell or Baez?
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    One thing is for sure i definately want to take realmuto. Was sick of worrying about a catcher all year plus the oic is cool lol. Now for my number 2 guy im in a dreaded mess. Please help.
    jpuck6190 said:
    One thing is for sure i definately want to take realmuto. Was sick of worrying about a catcher all year plus the oic is cool lol. Now for my number 2 guy im in a dreaded mess. Please help.

I’d go JT and Mays...I like woh so I focus more on that event.
    hornsup17 said: definitely a tough decision though, that’s a nice squad
    jpuck6190 said:

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    When you transfer over to 19 from 18 do you get to keep more than 3 players? Specifically, i am curious about gold, the three types of XP, evo tokens, as well as, cash. Does this stuff get moved along with the three players of your choosing? Also, it seems like leveling up your players between tiers is more obligatory on 19 than 18. Do players like Willie Mays require a special type of evo token on the new game like they did on the old? If so, are boxes for that type of evo comparably priced there as here?

I am really debating whether i want to move to the new game. I love tap baseball but glu is so shady and money hungry. I'd like to know it's not going to cost hundreds of dollars and months of time just to get started on the new game. I did that already and not sure it's worth it to do it all over again. 
    As far as we know, no resources will move to 19, only the 3 keepers. 
    Regarding ATGs like Mays, no special evo needed to evolve between levels. In 19 they become regular players and require the same type of resources as any regular (blue xp) player. Except for the amounts, 5x as much of everything to level up, even for skills.
  • Dave480Dave480 Registered Users, Member 55 Posts

• ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I am definitely keeping Mike Schmidt from last weekend. I am a huge Phillies fan and Schmidt is my all time favorite.  I think this has to weigh into your decision.  If I have to spend 5x the amount on someone, I want it to be someone I like.  I never liked Molitor, he and Joe Carter ruined a year of my life (1993).Their ratings are very close with a slight advantage for Molitor with Hit and Schmidt for power, but Schmidt plays a position making him more flexible.  I don't have any all time greats.
    Schmidt 339 339       Molitor 341 335  
    My second spot is harder.  I Living Legend Realmuto, Phillies Harper, and Holiday Ted.  I think I am going to let them play out the rest of the year and see who has better stats.  Holiday Ted usually rises to the occasion.

On a separate note, pennants definitely matter.  I think they matter for all modes.  I didn't have any in Miami when I stated and Realmuto way underperformed.  I just finished a season and threw all the pennant into him and he now performs a lot better, in everything
    Any thoughts?.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @ReadingFightingPhils, great point about Schmidt. There's certainly value in keeping guys who you really like when the difference is minimal as is the case between Schmidt and Molitor. Your 2nd keeper is tough as heck. Personally, I'd got with JT, but I wouldn't argue much with your other choices. Good problem to have for sure!

As far as pennants? I used to think they worked in all modes, but I'm starting to question them as far as WoH is concerned. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Not sure about pennants, but feel strongly that the hitting-related team upgrades factor into WOH. When I went Gold I had forgotten about upgrading those and couldn't figure out why I was suddenly struggling like mad when Gold was supposed to be easier than Silver. I eventually reminded myself about these, upgraded all from 40 to 60 and immediately noticed a huge difference.
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Open to ideas for keepers:
    C Molina - R - WOH and RISP 515 Max
    1B Votta - L - RISP and RHP 510 Max
    2B Harrison sucks
    3B Machado - R - Blowout and RISP - 525 Max
    SS Simmons - R - RHP and WOH - 515 Max
    LF Blackmon - L - CvC and CvC - 515 Max
    CF Jackson - L - WOH and RISP - 510 Max
    RF Harper - L RHP and CvC - 520 Max
    DH 1B Goldschmidt - R - LHP and Late Innings - 520 Max
    Sub 3B Schmidt - R - WOH and LHP - 510 Max

Unless I get something good these next two weeks, I'm leaning towards keeping my R Schmidt (LHP, WOH) and my L Harper (RHP, CvC - ouch). I don't see a combo of skills I like more for WOH then maybe Goldschmidt (Late Innings and LHP) but to me 3B>1B. In '18 I struggled with getting good 3B, C and 2B. I'm leaning towards a Switch-hitting Catcher MyPro with RHP skill in '19. Sucks to leave behind 525 Machado, 510 Votto (my MVP and a guy who has completed 5.10 for me) and 510 Molina though. For pitcher, it's easily 530 Hot Stuff Seaver (SP with RISP and RHP). My biggest hope is that they increase the cap on your Pro beyond 330 as time passes, but knowing Glu ...

Open to ideas and suggestions.
    Cycled so I added Paul Moliter (DH) and Kruk (1B). Not exactly excited about those two as keepers, but they are both 540 Max players and Moliter has LHP, LHP skills.

Why not excited?  Molitor is definitely keeper material, esp in consideration of what you have in hand.   
    I'm just not crazy about losing the flexibility the DH spot provides, but Molitor far exceeds my other options at RH batter. Molitor actually helped me cycle again as I immediately maxed him, but then I got Molitor out of my second WOH box. Kruk having CvC is a bummer but again, he would be my best option at LH batter. Throw in 530 Seaver and a SH Catcher My-pro and I'll be a lot better off in '19 then I was going into '18, so there is that.

I guess beggars can't be choosers, haha.
    Cycled twice today, got Khris Davis and Shawn Green.

Between all my options, it's looking like DH Paul Molitor 540 and OF Shawn Green 535 will be my keepers. Solid R and L bats for WOH.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH