Keeper details: let's discuss!

Comments

• PINKYSTARFISHPINKYSTARFISH Registered Users, Member 99 Posts
    is this guy gonna be any good?  LOL
    As a Giants fan, Will the Thrill is THE man. 

• PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    is this guy gonna be any good?  LOL
    As a Giants fan, Will the Thrill is THE man. 

I'd make him a keeper if I got him. My current top options are Molitor and Green.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
    Mantle is my right side lock. 
    Was debating holiday Ted or Ichiro but I'd say Will should go over Ichiro as he is 1st base though maybe not as useful in woh. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Clark's speed could be lower, but as is, he has the highest hit of any lefty in the game and the most ideal skills for a lefty. His power is also elite. Imo,  he's head and shoulders above everyone else.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    I don’t think it’s garbage because one of the fun things about this game is building your team. With that being said, TSB MIGHT be one of the only games out there that resets every year like this. This makes spending money one year have very little effect the next. That is unless you continue to play ‘18. Most other games just build on what they already have and continue to grow. Glu just resets every year. As long as we keep playing their newer versions, nothing is going to change.
    I agree, it’s really unfair, it’s like wasted money. 
  • babybomber2000babybomber2000 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    mookie or buster for a keeper? My best choices.
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Mantle is my right side lock. 
    Was debating holiday Ted or Ichiro but I'd say Will should go over Ichiro as he is 1st base though maybe not as useful in woh. 
    I’m taking Mantle and Ichiro.  I just know that Ichiro can hit better than anyone else lol so I’m gonna go with my gut and assume the WOH ability will never be a part of #Skillgate
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Need some opinions on which lefty u guys would bring? My righty is Mantle
    benny100 said:
    Need some opinions on which lefty u guys would bring? My righty is Mantle
    Ichiro!  
    And if WOH is the game mode you kill in then it’s a no brainer.  Half the time when I’m playing regular games, the righty skill doesn’t even work anyways so WOH has worked for me without a hitch and that’s where we scoop up players and resources.  
    Ichiro would be my choice. Love Ted, took til the last week to finally supplant him. 
  • jclarrick3jclarrick3 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    I don’t think it’s garbage because one of the fun things about this game is building your team. With that being said, TSB MIGHT be one of the only games out there that resets every year like this. This makes spending money one year have very little effect the next. That is unless you continue to play ‘18. Most other games just build on what they already have and continue to grow. Glu just resets every year. As long as we keep playing their newer versions, nothing is going to change.
    I agree, it’s really unfair, it’s like wasted money. 
    There’s not many like TSB in terms of resetting yearly on mobile, but just about every sports console game (Madden, FIFA, etc.) resets every year. I’ve been so used to those types of games that the TSB reset doesn’t bother me as much, but I guess I can see it if you’re not used to that type of game.
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    And if WOH is the game mode you kill in then it’s a no brainer.  Half the time when I’m playing regular games, the righty skill doesn’t even work anyways so WOH has worked for me without a hitch and that’s where we scoop up players and resources.  
    Yeah, whats that about? If someone is on base, the righty skill won't activate most of the time. I moved Molitor to lead off because I couldn't get hit lefty skills to trigger with base runners on.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Clark's speed could be lower, but as is, he has the highest hit of any lefty in the game and the most ideal skills for a lefty. His power is also elite. Imo,  he's head and shoulders above everyone else.
    He’s good for sure and the best lhb in the game now but let’s not get carried away.  Ichrio and Green have the advantage of flexibility in WOH, where I. The early days the ability to face same side pitching with a measured degree of success will be valuable.  In the end Clark is about two clicks up on skills over Ichrio and three over Green, four over Hoz.  Better sure, but not outshining by much.   

That being said I’m sitting on 30k, waiting until the right time to open and hoping for a pair of Clarks!  :)
    DFBB said:
    He’s good for sure and the best lhb in the game now but let’s not get carried away.  Ichrio and Green have the advantage of flexibility in WOH, where I. The early days the ability to face same side pitching with a measured degree of success will be valuable.  In the end Clark is about two clicks up on skills over Ichrio and three over Green, four over Hoz.  Better sure, but not outshining by much.   

That being said I’m sitting on 30k, waiting until the right time to open and hoping for a pair of Clarks!  :)

If you're talking purely from a WoH perspective, sure, their gap is fairly marginal. Green/Ichiro are also more versatile for WoH. Depending on the rest of your team, you may or may not value their versatility. However, the Thrill will dominate all modes and in particular, CvC. I also like that he's a 1b as opposed to an OF, which can get crowded quickly. Ultimately, for me anyways, he's the only obvious keeper whereas I've gone back and forth with several others. 
    @DFBB - is Mantle also a sure thing for keeper? Don't tell me your leaving him behind?
    benny100 said:
    @DFBB - is Mantle also a sure thing for keeper? Don't tell me your leaving him behind?
    Sadly, I'll likely leave him behind. Right now, my only 'lock' is JT. After that, it's either Ichiro or Babe. If I get Will Clark, it will be JT and Will. If I didn't get JT, I likely would've chose Mantle. End of the day, the difference between most of these guys are fairly marginal. Babe may not necessarily be my best keeper, given my options, but if I don't get Will Clark, that's where I'm currently leaning. There's certainly value with going with guys you really like. 
    I think at the end of the day these few keepers aren’t going to matter that much.  So pick who you’ve done well with and who you’d like to see on your team everyday again.  There’s enough high profile guys out now that there’s really no wrong answer for anyone 525 overall or better with 2 skills.  I’m sure some guys are going to take Bags over with the 2 blowout skills and other players would flip out if they had to take him over 😂 WOH will always be a top mode for picking up solid players and resources, but I’m sure getting lucky on the boxes in the CVC rewards will be key too.  But the CVC skill doesn’t seem to be worth much on any keeper when it cost a fortune to upgrade the keepers and the multiplier is usually for a certain bonus player on that specific day.  I’d go with the lefty and righty skills first, then I’d say WOH and Late Innings would be my next fav skills.  Personally, I’m taking over Mantle and Ichiro...And Gagne as my pitcher since I play a lot of friends in games and last year my starters wouldn’t go past the 5th or 6th when the season started so I want a strong RP to start out the season.  After the first couple months of the season, everyone is going to be more psyched about new releases and events over worrying about their keepers.  The way this forum complains lol keepers will take a back burner to other complaints once the new season starts.   
  • bravesman72bravesman72 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    The Clark boys would b nice as keepers
  • bravesman72bravesman72 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    I figure to win a few more high rds on cvc.. let us pray.. lol
  • Dave480Dave480 Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Dave480 said:
    Just curious for other opinions...

legend Betts - 525 max - lhp/risp 
    prime Yadi - 515 max - woh/risp 
    prime Rizzo - 500 max - rhp/risp
    prime Carp - 520 max - blowout/risp
    reg. Lawrie - 525 max - woh/woh 
    reg. Simmons - 515 max - woh/rhp 

legend Erskine - 520 max - lhb/prime 
    prime Hill - 510 max - lhb/late

leaning Lawrie and either Yadi or Betts, and Erskine...thoughts?
    Re-posting for comments since it got lost in the Giants box discussion...

I’m leaning Lawrie/Yadi...tell me why I’m wrong...
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Dave480 said:
    Dave480 said:
    Just curious for other opinions...

legend Betts - 525 max - lhp/risp 
    prime Yadi - 515 max - woh/risp 
    prime Rizzo - 500 max - rhp/risp
    prime Carp - 520 max - blowout/risp
    reg. Lawrie - 525 max - woh/woh 
    reg. Simmons - 515 max - woh/rhp 

legend Erskine - 520 max - lhb/prime 
    prime Hill - 510 max - lhb/late

leaning Lawrie and either Yadi or Betts, and Erskine...thoughts?
    Re-posting for comments since it got lost in the Giants box discussion...

I’m leaning Lawrie/Yadi...tell me why I’m wrong...

I would go with Lawrie and yadi too (or maybe simmons)
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I’d take Simmons 
    @Dave480 - are u thinking yadi because catchers are hard to get? You could make ur my legend a switch hitting catcher - only 1 skill - but comparable with Yadi as that RISP skill is not that great.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    The thing I don’t like about simmons is that his speed is a bit to high (179 in silver 10) as compared to other similar 510 hitters where the speed is around 130-140. This high speed makes simmons other stats several points lower than they could be in 510. Then the fact that he is righty and one of his akills is versus righties....usually not a huge deal, as long as your stats are pretty high (think LL Trout).
    Yeah, basically...although if I based my 2nd keeper solely on position scarcity, I would probably keep Rizzo, since my 1Bmen have lagged behind my other positions all season long...
    Not to mention the fact that I love the Cubs and hate the Cardinals...
  • ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Does prime legend or regular XP, or gold or cash carry over?
    If it is 2 bats and 1 arm, I am bringing Rizutto, Molitor, and Whitey Ford... especially if there is a reset to where they all take regular XP to upgrade....Hate taking a DH in Molitor, but he is a 540.…..could take 525 Carpenter...

ORBBIRDS
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Nothing carries over except the three players you choose.  Those three players will take blue XP in 19 regardless of if they took blue, prime or legend XP in 18.
  • CaptJackCaptJack Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    edited March 2019