Options

Molitor, green or 535 rh rh phillie harper

barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
Have all three, what are advantages/disadvantages as keepers?

Comments

• Options
    Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    I'd go with prime Harper over green. More flexible for non WOH events and still dominates rhp equally as Green.
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    If your main inetrest is woh then green is the way to go. Will do as good as harper versus righties but can also take easily a lefty cause skills will stay active.
  • Options
    MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Have the have the exact same scenario. I’m taking Harper. Molitor is great but that DH only spot hurts. Best of luck!
  • Options
    ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Same exact scenario....keeping 525 Rizutto and probably 525 Carpenter over 540 Molitor....the 15 pt. Difference is about 2-3 points per bronze, silver, gold, platinum upgrade.... The invaluable DH flexibility in the early part of the season cannot be "Bogarted" permanently by a DH-ONLY player...
    ORBBIRDS
  • Options
    It isn’t all black and white.
    Sometimes those 15 points diff from 525 to a 540 player could mean way more than a few points. If the 525 player has too much speed his hit/power suffer as compared to another 525 with low speed. So in this scenario if the 540 player has low speed (like the case of Molitor) his hit/power could be way better than the 525 rizutto or carpenter.
    Not saying this is the case here but sometimes you need to consider those factors instead of just the max overall. That’s one of the reasons jed lawrie is not as good as he could be. He is 525 but his speed is like 50 points higher than molitor, who is 540. So Jed hit/power are not as high as some other 525 players.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I agree, but those were already factored in ....if we had a Mo Vaughn, I think it would be clearer.... 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Checked once again, my three are nearly identical, except Rizutto has top shelf speed, while Molitor has a modest edge in power...given the nominal overall margin, the DH only is a handicap - particularly early in the season when our best 2 players may both turn out to be 2B ( at one point this season 5 of my top 6 players were three SS & two 2B of all positions)....so the flexibility of keeping DH open outweighs a mild power edge/speed deficiency, compared to Rizutto and Carp.
    Yeah, I had Gurriel, Cano, Trea Turner Rizutto, and Lindor....Thank God my DH was flexible
    ORBBIRDS
  • Options
    JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Hit points, hit points, hit points.  
  • Options
    Guys, forget about the fatc that Molitor is a DH. We don’t really need to depend on the keepers for any events other than WOH. For that we need keepers t9 improve our chances so a guy like molitor is great. Put him in the bech the rest of the time and be done with it if you need to. Look at season or prime games, which u usually win by a lot. Do u think one guy would make a diff? 
    I think the main point of the keepers is how much the can help with WOH. Except the pitcher, of course, he can help with the other events.