Green or Hosmer?

nelagesbuenonelagesbueno Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
Im taking Mantle as one of my keepers.  I trying to decide between Hosmer or Green.  Any thoughts?

Comments

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Green - more flexibility in WOH which is where you will build your team and resources.  Ostensibly can handle 5.8 or 5.9 rhP if 5.10 is a lhp.  
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Im taking Mantle as one of my keepers.  I trying to decide between Hosmer or Green.  Any thoughts?
    Personally, I'd pick Hosmer as he will be more useful outside of WOH, such as Prime games, Club vs Club and such. I judge players on WOH performance first, but take the other things into consideration.

I'm taking 540 Molitor (LHP, LHP) and 535 Green (WOH, WOH) barring any lucky pulls or a better WOH reward Monday, but I don't have an option as good as 535 Hosmer (RHP, RHP) to compete with 535 Green. My next best lefty option is 540 Kruk (RHP, CVC) so thats a nope.

You can't go wrong with either, Green just has some added flexibility as he can technically take on a LHP with the skill boost if needed.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Hoz
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Green.  
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I have the same dilemma, Hosmer vs Ichiro (also have Green but ichiro is basically a bit of an upgrade). I don’t care about prime/season/bonus games cause usually those are won by pretty big margins regardless of players skills and they don’t give out special treats like woh and cvc.

CVC on the other hand is important cause skills i think matter there and potential rewards are way better.That’s the only reason i’m considering Hosmer. 

At the same time, WoH rewards are a bit easier to get than cvc (u depend only in ur skills and ur players, instead of waiting how many points your club members do or even opponents)
    Giving urself a better shot at winning woh improves ur chances of quickly building up ur team, which in turn improves ur chances for better cvc and other events. And susuki (or green for that matter) gives u a better chance than hosmer. A bit better vsR and waaaayyyy better vsL because of those skills.

So I’m leaning towards susuki as of now.

For the other side i have Molitor so far. Hopefully woh brings me a better choice before this is over.

• JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I think CVC scoring is so hit or miss at times that one guy isn’t that much of a difference no matter the skills.  WOH is where everyone kills for rewards so as long as the keepers Evolve all year then Ichiro should help you beat it consistently throughout all of 19.  
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    CvC is team dependent.  WoH focuses on individual players, righty and lefty closers to be precise.  Put your chips where they will count then use that to grow.  I don’t see any argument for prime game performance unless youbstreak as those are not difficult.  Season mode is win or lost with the pitcher which will be covered.  
  • JahCoozieJahCoozie Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Green! 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I haven’t upgraded hosmer to see how he performs in WOH but green has been a stud for me. Green was my choice until I got ichiro last week. Taking Mays over molitor for the other side of the plate. wOH is the only mode that I’m concerned about. If I can get past walk off my team will improve in all modes from the players and resources that I will get
  • JUSTTHETIPJUSTTHETIP Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I haven’t upgraded hosmer to see how he performs in WOH but green has been a stud for me. Green was my choice until I got ichiro last week. Taking Mays over molitor for the other side of the plate. wOH is the only mode that I’m concerned about. If I can get past walk off my team will improve in all modes from the players and resources that I will get
    Mays over Molitor? I’m struggling with that choice as well and keep going back and forth!
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Same... But Mays is Mays so I'm leaning that way.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    A lot of the players being discussed are elite and good no matter which you end up picking. The margins of difference are small, so go with your gut and don't look back. 
    Think about how many different guys we are killing the same WOH event with - all great players. If there was only one right answer we were trying to find we would all have the same teams - how boring would that be! 
    I am looking forward to locking in my keepers and getting over this part of the process. It's been a fun debate and we are going in so much better informed than the majority of players thanks to this great community. Have u seen some of the questions people are still asking on global chat?! 🤣 

Looks like we have one last WOH to make our decision even harder.... lol. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Mays over Molitor? I’m struggling with that choice as well and keep going back and forth!
    My thought is that Mays has a better hit/power combo and better overall rating. His walkoff skill woukd be in effect against a righty if I need it. I’m not really sure if speed really matters but Mays has him there also. Plus he’s willie freakin Mays. There are so many great players to choose from and we will all have different opinions. May we all make the best decision for our team and start cycling 19 soon
  • xClawAntlersxxClawAntlersx Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Same dilemma here. Spent way to much gold this weekend trying to pull Will Clark to no avail. Leaning Hoz right now over Ichiro simply because his skills will activate in other events and 1B is a typically harder position to get a stud.
  • swinginjonnyswinginjonny Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I have the same options. Between the two, Green has a better hit rating, but Hosmer's position is better and his skills will be far more valuable in other events.