WoH for 3-25-19: The Season Finale will be a Thriller!!!

Comments

• JUSTTHETIPJUSTTHETIP Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    Will we have another WOH Wednesday? Will we see Will Clark again???
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I hope so.  Kruk was pretty bad today when he was guaranteed last week.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    benny100 said:
    Used Ichiro on Tommy John and beat him comfortably. Too chicken to use him on Whitey yet lol- maybe next cycle. He's fighting hard for his spot on my keeper list
    Grew a pair and used Ichiro on 5.10 - walk off homer with no outs! 😁
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @JdotChristopher true but I also vaguely remember how hard I busted my behind chasing Chipper and Posada so now I dunno 🙄
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Decided to record my last hurrah in 18. Man am I gonna miss Mays big time.

https://youtu.be/deCWiAQ6YZI

• Dave480Dave480 Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    Got to 5.10 for first time tonight...spent close to 2K in gold trying to beat Whitey with Betts. Took him to extras once...as close as I got. Now wish I had spent the gold to let Lawrie have a crack at him, since he won 5.8 and 5.9 for me.

oh well, maybe next season...
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Mays is a beast. Who are u taking instead? 8for 10 on 5-10 today but of course I got the 90%ers all 8 times 
  • spaghettiloverspaghettilover Registered Users 59 Posts
    5x Kruk, 3x Schmidt, 2x Posada. Gahh I want Mantle or Mays so bad!  Hopefully we get another crack on Wednesday.
  • NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    Can someone post a pic if Posey at gold 10....trying to decide....
  • MISSREDMISSRED Registered Users, Member 251 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Before I dig into WoH, man, how about that weekend, eh? Many of us knew that we had a new numero uno vs rightys in Will Clark. 3x gold videos allowed many of us to save and we were all prepared for an epic fan rewards and looked forward to chasing Will. Well, it was epic alright; An epic letdown. Seriously, talk about anticlimactic! Ugh! Anyways...

All things considered, I find myself incredibly excited about today's WoH. I know many are getting burned out and some have already retired their thumbs, but if Will Clark is in the box, I plan on playing nonstop! Last week, we had some incredible players as the 45% rewards. I'm not sure how they can top that, but not much will surprise me. Will we see 550s as a 45%? It would be nuts, but at this point, all bets are off! As a result, I've been hesitant to pony up for 'Muto's last two levels(24k gold/339k lxp). The ATGs have dominated the Monday boxes. Well, their mugs have. I expect that trend to continue today, but my interest lies in the 'common' 10% player. For myself and many today, it's Will or bust! And that's assuming he's even in the box. If he's excluded from today's box, it will be absolutely deflating. 

I expect one of the premium guys from the Giants legacy box to be the guaranteed player today. I'd be over the moon if that player is Will Clark(you sense a pattern here? I kind of want him), but my money will be on Buster Posey. I just feel like he checks all the boxes and isn't 'too good' like Will Clark. Personally, I'd love to see a pitcher, but we've only had one all year(LL Klubot) as the guarantee. Maybe now that the season is over, Holiday Ted will finally appear? Hmm...

I honestly hate to see '18 end, but here's hoping that it goes out with a bang. For those of you who are still pushing, I salute you. It's nice to know that I'm not the only crazy around. GL y'all!
    Did you beat woh today?
    "If a man gives you his best, what more can you ask him to give".
    @2003cobra I am a braves fan so Hank for sure and right now it's a toss up between holiday Ted or Posada. Not gonna worry about maxing their skills due to the high cost in 19 so hence the dilemma over Ted & Posada. 

Not taking them over right away anyway and taking my time. Want to see what becomes of WOH after 19 comes out. If I land Babe then I'll take him & Hank.

• jclarrick3jclarrick3 Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    So today I was super busy in the early afternoon, so I didn’t pick WOH up till mid-afternoon and it wasn’t straight curves all day long for me. I’ve cycled 6+ times on Ford using 520 Goldy without spending gold, today I spent about 800 gold only on boosts and beat it twice. Got 1x Posada and 1x Schmidt. Hopefully this box is the one that hangs around forever
  • Cripple22Cripple22 Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    Pulled the bottom 3 all day, last box they finally gave me degrom
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @MISSRED Yup!

27 for 32 at 5.10. I can't say enough how amazing Molitor was today. Dude is a machine vs leftys! At one point, I won 16 in a row. I got 1x Degrom, 1x Pitcher babe, and the rest were 'commons.' Oh well. I gave it a shot. For the time being, Will remains elusive. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    6x- Kruk 1x Posada. Terrible day. 
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    Same here. With the winnings tonight I’m now debating Posey v Schmidt for a righty. And Hosmer v Kruk for my lefty. Thoughts?
  • draco333hedraco333he Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    I found WOH fairly easy today. Had a very late start due to my phone crapping out this morning and having to buy a new. This didn't let me start until about 5pm. I still managed to cycle 2 times only spending about 400 gold. 
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    11 cycles today and only the 90% guys. 
    4 x Kruk, 4 x Schmidt and 3 x Posada.
    Definitively Mantle won’t come my way, no matter how many times i cycle to get him. In th last 3 woh boxes he has been, i have cycled like 35 times total and not even close to pulling him or any of the 10% players in any of those boxes. What a nice good bye from glu to my final pulls from this year.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Amused_79 said:
    Same here. With the winnings tonight I’m now debating Posey v Schmidt for a righty. And Hosmer v Kruk for my lefty. Thoughts?
    Given those options, I'd definitely take Schmidt and Hosmer.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    edited March 2019
    accidentally turned off my phone in overtime against Whitey as I just hit to tie the game, lol. would've maybe been cycle #10, but as it was, maybe the perfect testament to the yearlong struggle (at times anyways). 
    3x Kruk, 3x Posada, 2x Schmidt, and 1x DeGrom
  • Amused_79Amused_79 Registered Users 841 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Amused_79 said:
    So take Schmidt over Posey given the position C being tough to fill?  
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @2003cobra I am a braves fan so Hank for sure and right now it's a toss up between holiday Ted or Posada. Not gonna worry about maxing their skills due to the high cost in 19 so hence the dilemma over Ted & Posada. 

Not taking them over right away anyway and taking my time. Want to see what becomes of WOH after 19 comes out. If I land Babe then I'll take him & Hank.
    Got it. I didn’t know that you had hank. It’s gonna be tough to leave some of these guys behind. 
    I got 11 cycles in - all common guys from the boxes - didnt track how many of each. Was my first WOH at platinum, so took a while to get used to the bigger strength numbers, but had enough xp in the bank to get my top guys all upgraded tp P10 over the weekend. Had a blast with Ichiro, Mantle, Molitor, Hoz and Holiday Ted - wish I could take them all with me!!
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    15 cycles and only 2 Schmidt’s. Was trying to level him at diamond. Didn’t really work out lol.
  • draco333hedraco333he Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Amused_79 said:
    DFBB said:
    Amused_79 said:
    So take Schmidt over Posey given the position C being tough to fill?  
    It's pure choice. But remember, you still get to create a legend. I'm taking Posey and Hosmer and creating a 2B.
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    This was my first time in platinum.  I had a little trouble at 5-10, but the rest was smooth sailing.  I cycled 6 times.  I got Schmidt x1, Kruk, x4, and my first ATG ever !!!!!! - Hitter Babe Ruth.
    dontgo said:
    2 Degroms in 5 cycles lol.   
    I really think GLU should have to post the individual odds for 10% guys. Each box clearly has a more common 10% guy while the ATGs rarely get pulled.  Last week it was Ichiro and this week it's Degrom.  Seems like those guys are 9% and the rest are 1%.
    Yea agree 100%.  I finally figured out last week, that the guy listed on the bottom of the 10% grouping is most likely the common.  I feel like that has almost always if not always been the case.
    And I would think continuing that logic the guy listed at the top of the 10% is the unicorn - at least seems that way the last few weeks with exteremly low if any pulls of JT or Will
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    edited March 2019
    @DFBB my Molitor went 2-17 against Ford yesterday..feels bad 
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    Tried the same thing with schmidt and only pulled him 3x. Every shake posada was popping out
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I see a lot of people having trouble with Molitor.

Was the same way for me a couple of days, and then couple other days he absolutely smashed. I think one day last week he was 8 for 25 or something putrid. Then yesterday he was 15 for 17. 

Just seems like there’s such a wide range of outcomes with that guy.