PSA - Don't repeat your mistakes from 18 when playing 19

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Just a few pointers for those new to the forum/game and those that struggled in 18 for leveling too fast:

1 - Don't go up in tiers (Bronze==>Silver==>Gold, etc..) too fast and make sure you have enough resources to comfortably bring your top players over and some to spare for new players down the road. If you are not sure how much resources you'll need just ask the forum and those that have already passed the levels and kept track of resources needed will be more than glad to help

2 - If slugfest is anything like 18, or 17 for that matter, and is the only easy way to get XP & EVO in the beginning then spend at least 25-40% of your resources on your sluggers and make sure you multi-cycle. Outside of EVO & gold I was never short of any resources in 18 thanks mainly to slugfest in the beginning and any new players I got that was worth keeping was immediately maxed in any tier I was in (Prime or Regular - had to be picky with legends in the beginning). EVO only became an issue for me once they stopped giving them out in slugfest as prime players were released and the EVO got swapped with Prime XP

3 - Do not go crazy maxing your keepers & custom legend right away leaving yourself short on resources for other players. Wait and see what feedback others post about them and then make a decision about them. Maxing them up to Silver 10 should be OK but past that you would need the resources for the rest of your team

4 - And lastly once 19 is released there will likely be a 19 forum so make sure to find & bookmark that for all 19 related questions/threads. One of us will make a new discussion with a link to it in the 18 forum for others to find it easier. Your forum profile does not change and you will use your existing forum identity to post across all GLU forums.

Feel free to add anything I missed in order to help our newcomer tappers manage their teams better in 19 please.
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Prev1

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Houmy it’s guys like you and many others that make this forum a fun  very useful tool. I keep telling my club mates to check here for gaming advice and tips to help them along. 
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    @Houmy, thank you, for this and all of your other helpful advice. Good luck in 19!
  • barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    Well.said @Houmy
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Why don't we create a "checklist" of sorts for moving from 18 to 19, and how to accomplish those tasks?

1. How do you transfer your account? My understanding is it does this automatically if you're connected to GameCenter or Andriod equivalent.

2. How does VIP transfer? My understanding is this happens "automagically" when you simply transfer your account.

3. How do you transfer your keepers? This should be easy enough as the game should prompt you and walk you through this, but if anyone has any extra info please share (maybe your guys have to be on your 'active' roster in 18, for instance?).

4. How do you make sure you receive the correct welcome gifts/packages? No clue here. Doesn't seem like anyone is getting anything consistent, VIP or not, from what I have seen. Also, there are the pre-registration gifts. We should get those separately somehow, or do we get everything all at once?

5. What else, you guys?
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I am wondering about the Game Center thingy. I have TSB ‘18 on 2 devices with 2 different emails but only 1 GC account. What will happen in this case??? 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY from what I have gathered so far in regards to your questions:

1 - As GLU has mentioned your account should be linked automatically if you use the same Game Center for 19 as 18 but I am sure that CS is going to get flooded with tickets about that not happening right away so be patient if you don't get a reply soon enough

2 - In the past they asked you to email them the new version user name so that that could transfer your VIP. Seeing that they didn't mention it yet that may also transfer automatically with the Game Center

3 - The screen shots shown by those that already have it seemed to be a special section in the app. It is a one time transfer though and no way of changing your mind once it is finalized outside of a helpful CS perhaps so chose carefully

4 - There is the pre-registration package that was listed so that should be easy to check off, but in 18 there was also a welcome package for 17 users which was different for most but equivalent. For example some got AL ROY and others got NL ROY instead. I honestly cannot remember though if that was the VIP welcome package or for anyone transferring from 17 into 18

5 - And most importantly #skillsgate. Do not spend resources on skills that would not help in WOH (IMO)

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Houmy said:
    5 - And most importantly #skillsgate. Do not spend resources on skills that would not help in WOH (IMO)

Yea I would not touch pitchers skills on your keeper.  Especially since its unknown if that even matters other then for team strength.  So whatever pitcher you take, do not base it on skills imo.   
    I'd add if you plan on buying the stadium make sure to keep close track of the gold you spend that goes towards it.   I know I lost out on a lot this year because I didnt pay close enough attention or didnt take the time to send in tickets to get them to correct it.  I wont be making that mistake this year.
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Houmy said:

1 - As GLU has mentioned your account should be linked automatically if you use the same Game Center for 19 as 18 but I am sure that CS is going to get flooded with tickets about that not happening right away so be patient if you don't get a reply soon enough

2 - In the past they asked you to email them the new version user name so that that could transfer your VIP. Seeing that they didn't mention it yet that may also transfer automatically with the Game Center

3 - The screen shots shown by those that already have it seemed to be a special section in the app. It is a one time transfer though and no way of changing your mind once it is finalized outside of a helpful CS perhaps so chose carefully

4 - There is the pre-registration package that was listed so that should be easy to check off, but in 18 there was also a welcome package for 17 users which was different for most but equivalent. For example some got AL ROY and others got NL ROY instead. I honestly cannot remember though if that was the VIP welcome package or for anyone transferring from 17 into 18

Hasn’t Game Center been eliminated for iOS?
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Houmy said:

Hasn’t Game Center been eliminated for iOS?
    The stand-alone app was eliminated. The gamecenter functionality is still up and running, albeit with less features.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
    @Itsouttahere2 not sure as I am on Android myself and the equivalent for it is Google Play Games I believe but even if it has there should be a replacement for it that GLU wants you to link to. Maybe @blueleopard can shed some light on it before the app is officially released as there seems to be a lot of confusion about it and it would save GLU CS a lot of tickets that they would otherwise need to answer.

Also those such as @dkarski87 that have already downloaded the app can maybe have an input?

• CaptJackCaptJack Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    In the beta, you need to enter in a backup email address just like any new user.  Don't search for your 18 account email.  Your new account doesn't have to be the same as your 18 account (mine isn't).  As long as 18 & 19 are logged into game centre/iOS equivalent, your VIP will become automatically linked once you create a new account and you will have the ability to see your potential keepers.

A lot of us got hung up because we kept searching for a user account instead of creating a new one.  The account creation appears to be specific to 19 and does not reference 18.

Again, that was in Beta.  Not sure if it'll change. 
    edited March 2019
    And another thing I want to mention is all you freaks have fun with 19 and don't let the poor odds or less than desirable pulls put you down.

Personally I am planning on an off year for the 1st 4-6 months as I plan to focus on work more and make more $$$ instead of putting it into this game and probably won't even join a club in that time and stay Bronze/Silver the whole time. I have only spent $10.00 after #skillsgate for close to 2 months now having spent over $4.5K before that in 18 alone (Stupid I know and no I am not one of the 1% with unlimited funds). I mean GLU didn't even buy me dinner before #skillsgate :unamused: 

I will be active on the forums though as that will only cost me time and not $$$

Houmy said:
    And another thing I want to mention is all you freaks have fun with 19 and don't let the poor odds or less than desirable pulls put you down.

Personally I am planning on an off year for the 1st 4-6 months as I plan to focus on work more and make more $$$ instead of putting it into this game and probably won't even join a club in that time and stay Bronze/Silver the whole time. I have only spent $10.00 after #skillsgate for close to 2 months now having spent over $4.5K before that in 18 alone (Stupid I know and no I am not one of the 1% with unlimited funds). I mean GLU didn't even buy me dinner before #skillsgate :unamused: 

I will be active on the forums though as that will only cost me time and not $$$

What is skillsgate if you don't mind me asking?
    @PhillyPhan87 that is what we (me mostly) started referencing after it became known that the player skills are not always active and seem to be random. They seem to work in WOH (1st at bat anyway) but in all other modes it has been random. Considering that skills cost so much to level up it left a bad taste as I easily spent half of the money I've spent on this game on the skills and most of them would not help in WOH.

Houmy said:
    @PhillyPhan87 that is what we (me mostly) started referencing after it became known that the player skills are not always active and seem to be random. They seem to work in WOH (1st at bat anyway) but in all other modes it has been random. Considering that skills cost so much to level up it left a bad taste as I easily spent half of the money I've spent on this game on the skills and most of them would not help in WOH.
    I've noticed LHP and RHP not activate frequently. I see what you mean.
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    edited March 2019
    I'd add if you plan on buying the stadium make sure to keep close track of the gold you spend that goes towards it.   I know I lost out on a lot this year because I didnt pay close enough attention or didnt take the time to send in tickets to get them to correct it.  I wont be making that mistake this year.

I have never properly understood exactly how the stadium investment works.
    Could you give me a basic idea?
  • Biceson44Biceson44 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    Spend gold outside of fan rewards and hit teirs to receive fee gold everyday. It’s always my first purchase of the year. 
    edited March 2019
    I just installed 19 and immediately the VIP status showed up there including this VIP gift 

• Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    I just installed 19 and immediately the VIP status showed up there including this VIP gift 

That's a better vip gift than what I received. I wonder if it's because I'm a newer vip or stayed in gold for 2018. My gold gift was 1100 and less bxp  

Seems to be related to how long have you been VIP 

• Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    I got the same thing however I’m not able to link my email address, it says that it’s invalid which is weird cause it’s the same email I have in 2018 account. Anyone else having this problem?
    Also I can’t seem to find how to transfer my keepers over to 2019, someone please help. 
    you cannot use "existing account" link, but the create account link. Then use the same email u used in 18 and that's it. Accounts in 18 and 19 are separate.
  • spoomanspooman Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    @Matattack I agree totally towards the end Every time gold was spent I would screenshot and save  great advice!!
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    My VIP gift was 3-5* specialty picks and 1000 gold so it does vary, I was fairly recently added like in October/November sometime
    It's all done with mirrors
    My VIP gift was 3-5* specialty picks and 1000 gold so it does vary, I was fairly recently added like in October/November sometime
    Missed you around the forums buddy. Was gonna send out a search party.

• SEANTONNSEANTONN Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Thanks @Houmy
  • SuperKingOfPaisasSuperKingOfPaisas Registered Users, Member 175 Posts
    I been away for a while what’s is this ..

#skillgate ?
    tocopan18 said:

I have never properly understood exactly how the stadium investment works.
    Could you give me a basic idea?
    Basically buy purchasing it you get rewarded every day with a certain amount of gold.  It starts out at 6 gold a day and goes up from there once you spend a certain amount of gold.  This is gold spent during non-fan reward times.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    How much gold do you need to spend per tier?