TSB19 Game Lag/freeze/blank screen

LETMEPLAY16LETMEPLAY16 Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
Since the last update on Android (to v1.03, I believe) I have been experiencing huge delays whilst trying to play the game:
The initial game start up - on the "Tap Sports Baseball 2019" screen, before the Mookie loading screen - it hangs for up to 3 minutes before switching to the loading screen. The game then seems to run fine until:
1: A Special Purchase promo pops up (regardless of whether I buy or not) - 15-45 second frozen screen
2: Watching any video (for extra prime energy, game boosts, replays, just gold, etc.) - 15-45 second frozen screen
3: Switching to a different app and back again - 15-90 second blank screen
4: Exiting the Customer Care message screen - 15-45 second blank screen

To be clear, none of the above freezes my phone, just the app.
I'm running the game on a Pixel 2XL with 4gb RAM and 34gb+ free space, running on Android 9

Any help or suggestions appreciated! (or if you are experiencing similar issues, let us know - SURELY I'm not the only one?!)

Comments

• LETMEPLAY16LETMEPLAY16 Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    **Update**
    First video for the Bronx achievement box had a 1 minute 48 second screen freeze after closing the video screen
    Second video I waited over 5 minutes after and had to force close the app
    Restart took 5 minutes 4 seconds
    Third video had a 2 minutes 53 seconds screen freeze after closing the video
    Game is unplayable like this 14 minutes 45 seconds (plus the video playing time) for 3 videos - I really hope it gets fixed soon
  • joesci19joesci19 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    It's been happening to me too. Also on Android
    joesci19 said:
    It's been happening to me too. Also on Android
    I wonder if it's all Android OS or just 9 - what version of Android are you running?

• JayhawklawJayhawklaw Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I'm having the exact same problem.  However, I'm on Android 8.1
    Well, I'm not happy about the issue, but I'm glad it's not just my phone acting crazy - I thought I had some sort of virus or something!
    I get it.  Misery loves company!  I opened a ticket and was told the developers are
    looking into it.  We'll see.
  • RedwingerRedwinger Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Glad its not just an issue with me.  Been having that to.  Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon 
    I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's not happening anymore. So just make sure ur game is backed up and it should work.
    joesci19 said:
    I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's not happening anymore. So just make sure ur game is backed up and it should work.
    That's exactly what support told me not to do
    Hey Joe, followed your lead and uninstalled and reinstalled.  Seems to have fixed the problem.  Keep in mind my app was connected to my google play account and also backed up to an email.  If you don't have the game backed up, you will lose your saved game progress.  Still a bit risky, but the game had become unplayable so it was worth the risk to me.
    Well, maybe I spoke to soon, the freezing problem seems to be returning already.
    Yea idk then. It's been good for me since I did it.
  • RedwingerRedwinger Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    GLU responded would be fixed in next update.  Didnt give date for update tho

Thanks for the update.