Superstitions around buying boxes?

Rick_Rock_RizzleRick_Rock_Rizzle Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
Early on the game totally sucked me in with this smart move - the first POTW box I ever bought gave me an awesome 5 star player.  To this day, when buying a POTW box, I get a surge of adrenalin that reminds me of Vegas, especially if I try to buy 2 or 3 times in a row.  

So I think a lot of us are buying with some kind of 'system' in place.  I used to have a teammate whose theory was only to buy when the minutes was a derivative of 5, like 9:35, 9:40, 9:45, etc.  Dude bought a lot of boxes, won a lot of cvc, but his trick didn't work that well for me.  

Tonight I tried a new thing - I waited until the last second of the rising star box, which was cheap at 250 gold.  I literally clicked at 11:59:59. 
Didn't work, got a 3.5 star player. 

But definitely worth the cost to satisfy the curiosity, wasn't much of a gamble.  Was hoping they dumped the good players in the waning minutes.  

Any other things that people try?  

Comments

• paulieticepaulietice Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I read that if you let the box shake 15 times before you open it that you’ll get a decent player. I tried it a few times and it was hit or miss lol. 
  • Hunter2121Hunter2121 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I think it’s all just luck and we’re being too superstitious.
  • bryzzocubs44bryzzocubs44 Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    Wait for the 5th shake. Has worked for me EVERY.SINGLE.TIME
    GO CUBS GO!
  • DunnzigDunnzig Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    I like glu
  • DunnzigDunnzig Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    13 shakss
  • STEELCITY72STEELCITY72 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Anything more than 2 shakes and you're playing with yourself
  • bryzzocubs44bryzzocubs44 Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    Anything more than 2 shakes and you're playing with yourself
    Not wrong