Slugfest, the forgotten event!

skellhunterskellhunter Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
Another week passes and NO change to the unrelenting persecution of slugfest. There was a change to WOH due to complaints. I can’t for the life of me understand why GLU and their infinite wisdom can’t do the same for slugfest. 

Hopefully if enough players complain, they’ll go back to the way it was before the invent of Royale. 

Just put slugfest on TUESDAY!  The sprint event is a waste of time. 

Everyone please reply or respond to this post or even make a post of your own. 

Comments

• Drawbridge11Drawbridge11 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I can support this change! :smile:
  • MarshMadnessMarshMadness Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I totally agree. No one plays it. I don’t spend my precious xp and cash to level players that can’t be used elsewhere.
  • bryzzocubs44bryzzocubs44 Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    I hate sprint event 
    GO CUBS GO!
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Personally, I would like to see Slugfest go back to Wednesday by itself, and move Royale to the weekend.  3 different primes in a week is redundant...
  • tacobravestacobraves Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Yes yes 1000 times yes
  • chompsdawgchompsdawg Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Most definitely.  Tuesdays can stay prime event and wednesdays should be slugfest only.  It would make waaaay more sense for the weekend event to be Royale.  And get rid of the multiplier!  That's dumb too.  
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I don't mind the multiplier.  Adds some randomness late in the event.  Weekends are a 60-hour event.  Maybe release the multiplier at the halfway point?  There would be some CRAZY scores...
  • SpecialDeliverySpecialDelivery Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    Yeah I agree slugfest on Wednesday and Royale on the weekend
  • JDowl25JDowl25 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    No matter which day slugfest is on it’s an easy way to rack up resources 
  • skellhunterskellhunter Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    Let’s keep going with the comments. Hopefully GLU will start to listen. I like the idea of the weekend Royale, makes the most sense. 
  • MayberryMinutemenMayberryMinutemen Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I would like to see the Slugfest added to the weekend or perhaps we could get a Slugfest for our team lineup? A team slugfest could be longer with more tiers for prizes and experience. I would be happy with a batting cage or practice area sort of like Homerun Battle on iOS. 
    My thoughts. 
    Rodney
    #MayberryBears
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    The best thing about slugfest, that contradicts every other game mode, is that once you get the new top slugger, he is relevant for at a minimum 10 weeks. Even if the reward player is your 2nd or 3rd best slugger, you still get 7-8 weeks of relevance. 
  • KidKushKidKush Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    Yeah, I want Slugfest back...I’m on board
    I don’t understand why the Royale is on a damn Wednesday either...shouldn’t the biggest event be on the weekend? And then not also repeat that same event on a Tuesday?
  • KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Ever since they started doing royale I stopped playing slugfest. I’d rather acquire resources thru woh because sluggers only are useful in slugfest. I think if it were it’s own event again we would all be forced to play to get tier 6 and the gold reward. Also, if I’m ever short on xp I trade in my sluggers. They are 13k strength right now but I cycle Don’t Try It every time 🤷🏼‍♂️
    I appreciate all the suggestions. Keep them coming !!
    Ever since they started doing royale I stopped playing slugfest. I’d rather acquire resources thru woh because sluggers only are useful in slugfest. I think if it were it’s own event again we would all be forced to play to get tier 6 and the gold reward. Also, if I’m ever short on xp I trade in my sluggers. They are 13k strength right now but I cycle Don’t Try It every time 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Yeah, I think most people feel the same way as you...the sluggers are pointless without the SlugFest day
  • GoBravosGoBravos Registered Users 6 Posts
    I agree with most of you.  Would love to see slugfest by itself and move royale to the weekend.  Just keep sprint on Tuesday!
  • VoiceOfHammyVoiceOfHammy Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I'm not sure that the developers would want the Royale over the entire weekend because I think part of the design, on their end is that it sort of crunches you into a limited amount of time so you can't accrue too many free resources. I'd support the separate slugfest event. But I don't know that the developers really want to do that.
    I understand that side of it as well. However, Tuesday’s would be perfect for slugfest 
  • MrboodiddlyMrboodiddly Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    That's a good idea mate
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Wanna get Glu’s attention on this? Try posting it in the TSB19 area...this is tsb18 discussions. A new world awaits those who move over to the 19 thread.
    I don’t know how or why this keeps happening. It seems to switch between the two. I’ve made a similar post on 19
  • El_ZilchoEl_Zilcho Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Concur that this should be on a weekend.  By the time I can play, I have like 3 hours left to play 5 different events?  Makes no sense
  • ShortBus29ShortBus29 Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    Not a fan of slugfest myself. But I can see where some of you are coming from 
  • Baldeagle85Baldeagle85 Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    It's really too bad.  Slugfest used to be one of my favorites and now it's just to hard to both get past the levels and to spend gold evo and money to get good sluggers.  Not worth it anymore.  They should just used similar rules as WOH instead of a separate group of sluggers just use your current batters and add a slugging stat for each.  Most spend there resources on their team.
  • blueraidersblueraiders Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    A separate slugfest event would be great or making it cheaper to upgrade sluggers
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    I definitely support this change! Tuesdays prime event is a major waste, and boring at that. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • KurtDKurtD Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Played slugfestall last year and loved it! To make it relevant again I think it should have its own day. And with xp so hard to come by this year lower the amount it takes to level up