Videos (Gold and Boosts) Not Loading?

TwainRussellTwainRussell Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
Videos, either for Gold or Boosts, won't load for me. Been going on for several days. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Thanks

Comments

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    It's working fine for me (watching videos right now), but I do see people mentioning the same issue on Facebook, but it does not appear to be an isolated issue.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • MacGruberMacGruber Registered Users, Member 158 Posts
    This has been going on for me since I started. I have iOS and usually the first video loads immediately then the ensuing videos take 20-30 seconds. After a couple of minutes they load immediately. I am afraid to try to watch more than 4-5 at a time because then it will just fail and crash then I don't get any gold.
  • nadeezynadeezy Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
    acGruber said:
    This has been going on for me since I started. I have iOS and usually the first video loads immediately then the ensuing videos take 20-30 seconds. After a couple of minutes they load immediately. I am afraid to try to watch more than 4-5 at a time because then it will just fail and crash then I don't get any gold.
    The same happens to me on Android. I've found that if you wait about 5 seconds after viewing each video then watching the next one it'll load alittle faster. Also there will be times when it won't take time to load at all then it'll slowly go back to alot of waiting
  • RWITTRWITT Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I'm having the same issue as the OP, during what sounds like the exact same time frame. This isn't a matter of needing to wait a minute or two for a video to load (like mentioned above), it's that I'm being told no videos are available.

I have tried restarting the app, restarting my phone, waiting for a few hours before trying again, etc., but nothing is working. This has been occurring for 3-4 days. It affects the videos for gold and the videos for extra games/event restarts. Very rarely, it will let me watch a video successfully (maybe 5-10% of my attempts). After that, it goes back to saying videos are unavailable. I'm still getting video popup ads between loading screens, like normal.

It's really frustrating for this to be an ongoing issue for days, especially during difficult events like today's WOH. If anyone has any additional ideas about to resolve the problem, or if Glu is aware this is an issue, I'd love to hear it.
  • FlynnsRedsFlynnsReds Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    I'm only able to watch one video each login session..frus frustrating..

And this one belongs to the Reds!

• qkponyqkpony Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I was having the same issue. Even lost a couple continues because of it. I sent a ticket and crazy it's been working since.
  • coachdave50coachdave50 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Do you have to watch one video at a time. Then back out receive the gold then go back in.
  • TwainRussellTwainRussell Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    I can get about 5 videos to load per day. And that's on at least 100 attempts.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I know from personal experience that geographic region plays a role here. If you dont live in or near a major market area or in the "right" one, your video options will be severely limited. I can go days without a single video being available. I decided to start using a vpn app which basicalky hides my location (among other things) and video availability has improved significantly. Having said the above, I think there are days, or times of the day, when videos are simply not there to "watch", which is either a glu technical issue and/or a glu marketing issue.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • BuccanRayBuccanRay Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Idk that happened to me when I lived in Houston and now it’s still happened when I moved to Tampa
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    Send a ticket to Customer Service.
    They will inform you to make sure you have no other apps running while playing TSB, among other things...
    It is not a guarantee fix but I find that when I send in tickets to Customer Service and politely express some of my concerns, my gameplay experience does improve. 
  • mitchdavenport4mitchdavenport4 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    I suggest that GLU incorporates an exit button on the " loading video" screen.  There have been many occasions when videos fail to load past the loading screen and the only exit options are to quit the app or wait for the app to crash.  In either case, the player loses round progress.
  • Jesus2002Jesus2002 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Same thing is happening to me videos won't play at all . Every time I try to get a boost or watch a video to get a reward etc,etc it says unable to download. I opened a ticket and they haven't been able to help me yet
  • whythererunhere1whythererunhere1 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    It's due to them starting to set cap limits on how many or how often per hour or session you can use ads. I usually do ads for gold so I get about 1k-2k(when not on double gold) per day. Now imI luck to get to 200 throughout the whole day. I was told by them, the advertisers are the ones who control whether or not you receive ad to be available. Which makes no sense. I don't live in the middle of a boondocks or something(I've played since tap16) and my wifi is beyond solid. It shouldn't suddenly change and the proprietary company, who allows these advertisers access would not be involved.
  • spoomanspooman Registered Users, Member 71 Posts

• BennyBen415BennyBen415 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I was having the same issue, I just cleared the app data and loaded the game from my backup and ads were back. Also, all of the starter special offers were back as well. 👍
  • whythererunhere1whythererunhere1 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Benny, but did you still have your players and progress in the game still? I'm not going to forfeit the gains I've made just because there's a sudden shift in ''standard". I don't care that I was told it's up to the advertisers to allow access(individuals shouldn't be randomly denied just cause of region or local; I live in a metropolis in Texas). Now when I watch vids I get stonewalled after an hour of watching vids; plus they are now only 30sec per, it makes little sense. All this will do is lead to people who've long been loyal to the app to leave. Y'all will still receive revenue from those who make progress primarily through vid watching and winning division levels. Not to mention, those who clearly are able to dump hundreds to thousands year round. It's like your pushing for as much profit as possible. I might have to leave the game for good, and I'm a top points earner for my team. Now I won't be. Don't y'all get that most people don't have finances to waist. Makes apps like this less and less appealing, which means they'll die off. I'm out.
  • BennyBen415BennyBen415 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    As long as you've backed up your account to Facebook or your email everything will be restored including players, team strength and settings. And I to am frustrated about about this change. But my reason for this post is for us users a work around, until hopefully glu goes back to the previous standard.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I tried your solution, but no luck for me.  I restarted my phone, then I even went as far as uninstalling, and reinstalling the app.  Still no vids of any kind.  Anyone have any other suggestions?
    I just have a hard time believing NO vendors want to advertise in my area.  I live in the second most populated town in GA, not the damn boonies...
  • BruinsPatsSoxCsBruinsPatsSoxCs Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    so Vendors just changed advertising methods this week and now it’s based on market? I was watching 100 vids a day the past 2 weeks and the problem just started a couple days ago.
    You know, it's funny.  I just went on TSB18, and watched a few videos for 4 gold each.  Come back to TSB19, and still no videos available.  That seems to indicate the "vendor marketing" argument problematic...
    I sent a message on the VIP hotline, and got the stock "vendors not advertising" response.  I replied that I still didn't buy it, but would just have to accept it.  Videos started working immediately after.  Coincidence? Possibly.
  • SpecialDeliverySpecialDelivery Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    My vids are working just fine. Just not getting double gold 
    Double gold is just for offers, not videos.  Sometimes they do one without the other.
  • macklincjmacklincj Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I have the exact same problem. It started for me in "around" October while playing TSB 2018, around the time I bought my Iphone XS Max, but I hear a bunch of with different phones and the exact same issues.  As for the issue of having more video's in bigger markets, I live 8 miles from NYC, so that doesn't seem like the issue.
  • patches99patches99 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I have issue “checking for videos” for like 2 or 3 minutes...annoying for sure