Levelling up - Don't do it

LondonBoyLondonBoy Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
I've just levelled up from Silver to Gold.  MAN, I wish I hadn't.  Just lost 16 straight games in Season Mode, and get pummelled each time.  Why did I do it??  I was going along at about .700 in season mode, and since levelling up have been below .100

I did it because I had basically maxed out all of the team I wanted to keep and had boosted all the boosters.  But god, Gold is hard.  Wishing I hadn't bothered.  I enjoyed it at Silver.  I hate it at Gold.  

If you're considering it, my suggestion would be don't!

Comments

• bulldogtannerbulldogtanner Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    I have herd not to do it until you have 500k xp and 2.5 mil cash
  • IBighurtIBighurt Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I was thinking about doing it. That pretty much answers my question. 
  • RoarKitsuneRoarKitsune Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I agree with Canada on this. It can be a struggle at first but it's worth it in the long run. The best thing you can do is prepare ahead before doing it but you definitely want to do it eventually! 
  • DROPPINGBOMBER2DROPPINGBOMBER2 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I've heard that leveling up to gold is alot harder gameplay.. I thought it was on 2018.. so this round I'm staying at silver and working with what I got.. This way it does not cost a ton of cash gold and xp to boost daily player for events.. you figure that it is over 10k xp 40 gold and cash to boost each player to Silver max.. 1 to 2 special players a day at could start costing a fortune..
  • SupremewolfpackSupremewolfpack Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    Leveling up to gold will be a necessity at some point.  I recommended preparing for the job to gold by stockpiling your resources (gold, cash and evo) so you can max as many players right away. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I went gold because I was playing gold teams in prime games, sometimes before I even got a streak started which is kind of ridiculous but that’s the way they made it. I had enough gold and evo to get most of my players gold already just hunting down XP. Definitely got crushed in season mode so far. But at least I should start winning more prime games so I can get my bonus points up for my club.
  • angels420angels420 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    Good call on that, I’ve been trying to save up for gold/cash for a little now and will prob just stick at silver 6. Went to platinum last year and couldn’t keep up with the upgrades 
  • Makhi2004Makhi2004 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    LondonBoy said:
    I've just levelled up from Silver to Gold.  MAN, I wish I hadn't.  Just lost 16 straight games in Season Mode, and get pummelled each time.  Why did I do it??  I was going along at about .700 in season mode, and since levelling up have been below .100

I did it because I had basically maxed out all of the team I wanted to keep and had boosted all the boosters.  But god, Gold is hard.  Wishing I hadn't bothered.  I enjoyed it at Silver.  I hate it at Gold.  

If you're considering it, my suggestion would be don't!

• reynoldsloganreynoldslogan Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Leveling up from gold to platinum is a bad idea. Season mode is almost impossible 
  • angels420angels420 Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    ^ ya i only leveled up to platinum once i hit 100k strength last year and it was still tough
  • bjthiele4bjthiele4 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I waited i waited until all of my players were capped out before I leveled up to Gold. Season mode was definitely tougher, but once you cap out your Gold players it gets easier. After last year though, I definitely don’t recommend going Platinum. I was even losing games in the club events a lot more often after that. But, I also felt like I got better random rewards after I went platinum. So who really knows...
  • NYCMOBBSTARZNYCMOBBSTARZ Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Everything gets a little tougher for the most part...when leveling up to gold from silver make sure u have resources to upgrade your top players at the very least so ur not playing against gold tier comp with an all silver squad
  • jmtasticjmtastic Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    I did it have no problem on prime games lose a bonus game here and there. The season mode is stupid hard on gold went all the way when silver. The rewards suck so better have some resources stocked. That’s the only thing I regret 
    Man can not live on gifts alone
  • reynoldsloganreynoldslogan Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Silver mode is very hard in platinum. I have 70k team strength and have no problems in playoffs and all the ember games
  • miserysportsmiserysports Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Just be patient and you will work through it!  The higher you go the better the competition. It’s a lot more fun at gold!
  • patches99patches99 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Agreed, make sure you have all your silver upgrades maxed out.