Options

VIP Status

ChiefNorthChiefNorth Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
Re: [Glu Sports] blueleopard’s comments about earning VIP status as a “secret”

1) No doubt it is. In fact, it’s almost assuredly an algorithm that incorporates multiple data points to measure a person’s propensity to spend; a profitably index, if you will.

2) I doubt there’s any single person at Glu just cruising through a list of real dollar spenders and handing out VIP’s randomly (although they may sprinkle a few outliers in there to “encourage the masses”).

3) Like any (successful) business model app, creating an ecosystem of status is a lucrative incentive for devs to design. Psychologically, people will spend to achieve that status.

4) Finally, you’ve probably heard all kinds of things about what gets you that sweet badge of status, but at the end of the day, it all breaks down to a) how much you’ve spent, and b) how likely you are to spend more/again.

That’s it. Now hook me up with a VIP, bruhs.

Comments

• Options
    ChicagostrikeoutChicagostrikeout Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Couldn't have said it better myself. The wait continues...lol 
  • Options
    reynoldsloganreynoldslogan Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    I personally don’t wanna spend any more money until I have VIP because I don’t even get rewards for spending my own money anymore 
  • Options
    miserysportsmiserysports Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Defiantly I hope to get VIP soon!  That would keep me interested. Tough going right now!
  • Options
    greenbirds1228greenbirds1228 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I’m spending a little here and there, slowly climbing to that 818 mark. We’re only 2 months into the season