Options

Buying player boxes

captjasoncaptjason Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
i need help deciding which player I should get today. I’ve got enough gold to get either the guaranteed muncy or bell box. I need a better first baseman so either one will help a ton. Bells ovr is a tad higher but he’s also POTM so I know that’ll be going down after this month, I’m just not sure by how much. Muncy however would not go down, so I’m thinking after this month muncy would be the way to go. Also, being as bell is potm I figure he’d be one of the bonus players most of the days this month where as, I’m not sure when, if ever again, this version of muncy will be a bonus player. 

Comments

• Options
    blueraidersblueraiders Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    My POM dropped a ton. Also, this is the second time that this Muncy was activated but he has higher overall once the month is over.
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Bell drops from 360 to 310 max after 6/30.  I would never spend gold on a potm this late.  Only in the first 10 days of the month, or so.  Bell has better skills, and is a switch hitter, but Muncy will remain 340 max.  If a 310 max 1b would start for you, go with Bell.  If not, Muncy.  Muncy will likely never be a bonus again, after today.  Bell may be a bonus once or twice more this month, so I wouldn't let that be much of a factor.
  • Options
    captjasoncaptjason Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Thanks for the replies. I ended up going with muncy  because his ovr won’t drop. I had will Myers with a max 243 so either would have been significantly better. Plus I have the pennant team bonus maxed out for the dodgers so that also helps.
  • Options
    Da_Vinci_BDa_Vinci_B Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Yeah,  always go with the higher of the bunch.  More bang for the buck.... errr gold lol