Keep Gun Bros Alive! Please post your SD data.

Groove27Groove27 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
As you know no one can install Gun Bros even on their old devices because the Glu server does not download the data anymore.  You can download Gun Bros 1 on the google play store still but it wont download the rest of the game to the SD card.  If anyone still has gun bros running on their old devices can you please post your SD data online?   This data is found in sdcard\Android\data\com.glu.android.gunbros_free
The data differs for different devices, Adreno, Tegra, Mali etc.   I am particularly looking for the Tegra data!  It would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks. 

Comments

• Mark030aMark030a Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I wish I'd have it, I deleted the game on a lot of occasions on an old phone, sadly neither the phone nor the game is present anymore. I'd really want to play the game again! :(
    So I was trying to find a data folder for Gun Bros, and I did find one, I uploaded it to my google drive, if anyone wants to download it, here it is https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BTrPM0_XqTIpwXlX58eZnVj8NjscKtke
    Unfortunately, my Gun Bros (wich I installed via APK) still wants to download data instead of launching the game. Any help?
  • Groove27Groove27 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Mark030a, thanks for posting this.  You SD data may have been for an older version because I don't think the latest version has -1_1016 files.  Others please post your SD data for latest 3.5 version.
    edited February 2020
    Groove27 said:
    Mark030a, thanks for posting this.  You SD data may have been for an older version because I don't think the latest version has -1_1016 files.  Others please post your SD data for latest 3.5 version.
    I believe that this is the data for the Android 3.0.0 version. At least give it a try if it works, this is the only data I could find, at least try it, because if it works then we could play the game once again! Servers are propably dead so it won't really check for a new version of the game (thus it's not necessary to update the game).
    Still no luck with 3.5.0 version, but there is one version that still downloads data...It's suppossed to be version 3.1.2 but it's modified and apparently it's version 3.1.4
    It crashes on Android 5, and freezes on Android 4 so the only bet would be Android versions lower than Android 4.
    Here is a link if anyone wants to experiment with it
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ppBBCiZPU_rWG4IINk_vKMeh9Mk4dzkp
    Here are the files that download with version 3.1.4, they might be compatible with 3.1.2, further citation needed
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1--nJgSZ-KKYoScd94MbpbgEq6mwNZ-iz
  • Groove27Groove27 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    edited May 2022
    Amazing the 3.14 apk that Mark030a posted actually downloads in 2022 and works on an old tablet for me.
    Gonna put a brief update here. Version 3.1.4 is the APK I discovered in 2019 and based my Gun Bros Discord server around. Since then, we've found out that it runs only on Android 4.4.4 and below devices due to the game using Shared Libraries (something that has been disallowed ib Android 5 and onwards). 

We also got the Windows Phone version, and even discovered that you can play on iOS (if you have an iOS 9.3.5 or below device, as well as the Apple ID that owns the game)

Hell, we even abused the multiplayer so much so that Glu shut it down on March 23rd of 2022, propably because of all the server trafficking it cost them.

We also technically got the 3.5.0. version running on Android, but it's a direct downgrade to 3.1.4 and is a PAIN to get running, as you need a rooted phone.

I really suggest everyone to check out the Gun Bros Fandom wiki, there you can find the Discord where I can inform you on pretty much everything that happened in the past 3 years. In short, a lot.