Options

Pennants

COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
Has the benefit of pennants been quantified ? I can see team strength go up or down (especially with a player on a team with few pennants) but the player stats don’t look all that different. My 60/60 guys don’t hit tons better than equivalent 10/60 guys but the team strength goes down quite a bit. Thanks. 

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @COWPILEY there was a post from one of the members one time showing CS telling them that pennants helped in season mode only but as there is no way for us to confirm that 100% it's anyone's guess.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    In the pennants explanation when you click to see what they are is says increase your players in All game modes.
  • Options
    NAPREDATORS46NAPREDATORS46 Registered Users, Member 68 Posts

• Options
    AdorableKittensAdorableKittens Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I’ve always wished that pennant increases to Hit or Stuff would be visible, ideally in player stats info. It says x% increase, but is it actually a percentage increase to the base attribute, or just that many more straight points added? And is this calculated before, after, or independent of other buffs, like skill or event increases? For example, let’s say my batter has 200 Hit, with 20 pennant bonus & 10 vsRHP skill. Assuming he’s facing a righty pitcher, would the pennant add 20% (40 pts) giving him 240 Hit, then get 10% skill bonus to the 240 (24 pts for total 264) or on the original 200 (20 pts for 260 total)? Or vice versa, with skill calculated 1st, then pennant? I guess my assumption has been that each buff is based on & added to the starting number, so in the above example his effective Hit would be 260 (200+40 pennant+20 skill). But it’d just be SO much easier if the result of pennant buffs were actually visible! 

For the record, I definitely see the impact of having pennants on player performance, so I don’t doubt one bit that they matter. I’m just saying it’d be much simpler to quantify the difference if it were displayed clearly. And it’d also put a rest to the endless debate and doubt regarding pennant buff efficacy. I see speculation & misinformation on the subject cropping up regularly, and unfortunately it often ends up just being a matter of faith, esp for new players. All for lack of being able to see a player’s attribute increase clearly, the lack of which seems odd and fuels the deniers.
  • Options
    ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    edited March 2019
    I know this is the ONE area that gets INCREDIBLY difficult when moving through divisions quickly, if that is your strategy.....I have 410 wins from the requisite 500 to move from Diamond 1 to 2, and season games are RUFF! I am hovering at .500 two seasons in a row....
    I can still win comfortably, or at least regularly in Prime games, Bonus games of course are a bit more.difficult but still winnable for sure...WOH is no problem for 4 tiers....but SEASON just got impossible...I cannot hit! Team .BA hovering at the Mendoza Line with quality bats, no one under 250 and most at 300+.
    So, circling back to pennants, I still cannot discern or quantify the guys I have on teams with 44 percent pennants, and the guys with 22 percent!
    Thoughts?
    ORBBIRDS
  • Options
    Oh, and this is probably my, what 15th to 16th season? Was out 2.5 months on the LITERAL DL - Horrible car accident broke a bazillion bones etc.....but they put me back together LOL
    ORBBIRDS
  • Options
    tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Glad u are ok after the accident. 
    Pennants are one of the many things that are very obscure in this game and hard to tell for sure the real impact. It would awesome to see the difference in the player’s numbers, like the skills do. Same goes for the team upgrades. They supposedly work but no way to tell for sure.
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Question for you @ORBBIRDS...what level are your pitchers at? I’m about to jump to Diamond and season mode is my only hindering point. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    The only tangible thing we can say is that pennants does indeed increase team strength.  Beyond that its tough to quantify.  I operate under the assumption that its better to have them then not have them
  • Options
    fahhq2 said:
    Question for you @ORBBIRDS...what level are your pitchers at? I’m about to jump to Diamond and season mode is my only hindering point. Thanks in advance!
    My pitchers are all platinum 5 through platinum 9, with Newly acquired Whitey Ford a little behind, but will end up at platinum x by the weekend....they range from Verlander 391 to Doolittle 330, and I get adds , I believe 3-5 percent for the little "under bonuses that go $10k, $25k, $50k, 5 Evo, 3,000 XP, then 7500 XP.....mybpitchers are between 5-6, some batters 3 thru 5
    ORBBIRDS
  • Options
    fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Thanks @ORBBIRDS!
    its been my experience that pitchers need to match the team level you are at for season mode. Even though they are the Orioles, the pitchers are D-level and can dominate unless matched. I have 2 P10 pitchers currently and they doninate while only being 430 max guys. My other 3 are G10 guys and I had to outslug in order to win(I currently only use a 2 man, P10 rotation). I’m guessing that if you level up a pitcher or 2 to D3-4, maybe season games are easier to win??? Anyone have pitchers in D-level that can confirm this theory, please comment. Thanks!
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @fahhq2 I have really good bats, but my SPs are all currently p10. Since I went diamond, I've won 3 seasonal finals and currently, I'm undefeated(84-0) this season. That said, part of it is because the difficulty has been lowered recently. I also have a d10 Gagne that has helped tremendously in seasonal games. I did win my first seasonal w/o Gagne, but I had a very fortunate schedule in the playoffs. Regardless, you really don't need to level up your pitchers in diamond. Or at least, I wouldn't prioritize them over bats.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited March 2019
    The only tangible thing we can say is that pennants does indeed increase team strength.  Beyond that its tough to quantify.  I operate under the assumption that its better to have them then not have them

I have Kemp and Goldy(both d10, both at 16/16 skills). As you can see, their ratings are very similar. For WoH, Goldy is much more reliable than Kemp. I still think pennants helps, but at this point, it's merely a tie breaker for me. At least, for WoH purposes.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Miranda234Miranda234 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    It will have certain benefits, uno online which can increase the strength of the team