Android Status

Ok guys, I wasn't supposed to say anything until tomorrow when the official release happens, but judging by the twitter explosion I'm just gunna let you know what's happening.

Apple can take up to 24 hours to get a new app onto the store, so we submitted it today planning on it being ready by tomorrow. Apple surprised us and got it up right away.

Google on the other hand only takes a couple hours to get something onto the store so we weren't planning on submitting to them until tomorrow.

We're finishing our final prep for Android, and getting it up on the Google store as quickly as possible. I'll keep this thread updated with Android updates as I get them.

-GluHortus

Comments

• Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    GluHortus wrote: »
    Ok guys, I wasn't supposed to say anything until tomorrow when the official release happens, but judging by the twitter explosion I'm just gunna let you know what's happening.

Apple can take up to 24 hours to get a new app onto the store, so we submitted it today planning on it being ready by tomorrow. Apple surprised us and got it up right away.

Google on the other hand only takes a couple hours to get something onto the store so we weren't planning on submitting to them until tomorrow.

We're finishing our final prep for Android, and getting it up on the Google store as quickly as possible. I'll keep this thread updated with Android updates as I get them.

-GluHortus

aah thank you very much for information! I'll make sure to check up on the thread!! so does that mean once you're all finished prepping the game you'll submit by today and should be expected in a few hours?
  • GluHortusGluHortus Registered Users 52 Posts
    aah thank you very much for information! I'll make sure to check up on the thread!! so does that mean once you're all finished prepping the game you'll submit by today and should be expected in a few hours?

The moment it's ready to go it will be submitted, and then will be live within a couple hours. We're working out a couple kinks right now. I don't have an ETA other than "Soon".

--GluHortus
  • Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    The game is now live in android! Just 30 min ago ahaha
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    I'm already playing it :)
  • OouulalaOouulala Registered Users 53 Posts
    I have been playing it on my iphone for a few weeks now but my screen is cracked! Cant wait to get it on android!! You guys are lucky! I dont see it yet
    It went live on the Google store late last night. It should be available for everyone now.
  • OouulalaOouulala Registered Users 53 Posts
    GluHortus wrote: »
    It went live on the Google store late last night. It should be available for everyone now.

Hey Hortus! So i kept searching in the play store for 'Nicki minaj ' or ' the empire' & it wasnt coming up on any of android devices even after clearing cache and starting play store as new...

But this time i searched GLU and scrolled to the bottom, and there it was!!

Any way to fix this?

Thanks!
    Oouulala wrote: »
    Hey Hortus! So i kept searching in the play store for 'Nicki minaj ' or ' the empire' & it wasnt coming up on any of android devices even after clearing cache and starting play store as new...

But this time i searched GLU and scrolled to the bottom, and there it was!!

Any way to fix this?

Thanks!

Hi Oouulala,

The app will start moving up the search results on the Google play store as more people download it, play it, and review it. With the amount of attention it's been getting I expect it will be the first result by the end of the day.

If you need to find it quickly you can get to both the Apple and Google store pages from our game page here:
    http://www.glu.com/games/view/nicki-minaj-the-empire

--GluHortus