Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Game not compatible with new tablet??

RayBanManRayBanMan Registered Users 1,048 Posts
I bought a tablet last night and it wasn't compatible. So I bought a different one which had the newer software kit Kat and version 4.2.2 and its not compatible either. How is it neither of these work yet my 5 year old phone can play it? The tablet I'm using now is an android next book 8. Thanks

Comments

• jeramybasehartjeramybasehart Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm having the same prob I was using the galaxy s2 found racing rivals and liked it I invested a lot a time in it then I got the hisence sero 8 tablet and the game ain't even in the market place its not compatible pls fix this
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    RayBan, what devices were you trying?

Jeramy, The game isn't even listed in the Google Play store? What OS version is on that?
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• red fuelred fuel Registered Users 155 Posts
    I contacted costomer support about this and this is what I got.

Hello I would love to install your game on my new sero8 tablet made by hisense. Its a 1.4 quad core processor with android 4.4 kitkat. 1gb ram plus 16gb ROM. Please help me figure out what's wrong. Here is a screen shot of what is says. Thanks

Hello,

If your device is not compatible with the game, you might want to check out our forums and see if there is a workaround for that.
    You can find our forums here: http://racingrivalsforum.ciegames.com/

Please keep in mind that we can't give any support, when you are playing with a device that is not compatible with the game.

Regards,
    Racing Rivals Support
    Okay, loking at the specs for the Sero 8 and the Nextbook 8, those devices and I believe they would not be compatible since there is no actual GPS on them (I believe they use Network Location in lieu of not having GPS) which I think is something the game checks for. I could be wrong, going to check on that.

• justwonderingjustwondering Registered Users 135 Posts
    Subscribed.... Despite the glitches and errors and useless excuses I've been trying to find a tablet that will play the game as well... pretty sad when you have to research to see who's android version works (I have found 4.1.2 to work somewhat well) just to play the game on a decent device
  • beaverdale strutbeaverdale strut Registered Users 92 Posts
    I too have the same problems on my Toshiba Excite. KitKat os and it says game is not compatible. if gps is the problem and you guys cant change requirements then maybe put it in an apk file and let people put it on their tablets that way maybe? I don't know seems like as many pvp racing and other types of pvp games on the market that I can download on my tablet seems silly that I cant download racing rivals
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n1412485]Okay, loking at the specs for the Sero 8 and the Nextbook 8, those devices and I believe they would not be compatible since there is no actual GPS on them (I believe they use Network Location in lieu of not having GPS) which I think is something the game checks for. I could be wrong, going to check on that.[/QUOTE]

So is this the reason for incompatibility with some devices with newer versions of android? What is the IDEAL device for the game....
    Just bought a tablet with kitkat just for this pos game.... says on google play my device isn't compatible with this version... now I'm pissed
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n1412485]Okay, loking at the specs for the Sero 8 and the Nextbook 8, those devices and I believe they would not be compatible since there is no actual GPS on them (I believe they use Network Location in lieu of not having GPS) which I think is something the game checks for. I could be wrong, going to check on that.[/QUOTE]

Please talk to them and find out what the compatibility issues are... I just bought a new tablet with KitKat and its saying right on google play "Your device isn't compatible with this version" right under the RR game title
    and this is a dead end... just bought ANOTHER tablet today with 4.2... its not even listed on google play... WHAT ARE THE ACTUAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS GAME???????
    What devices are you using?

[QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n1538031]What devices are you using?[/QUOTE]

How about what are the ACTUAL device requirements so I can shop for one that works???? Seems almost fair... considering I'm on the 4th tablet now that according to the requirements listed are compatible which is a lie.... there's apparently more needed than android version 2.3.3 or higher... maybe go ahead and sticky that list or better yet actually insert it into the "requirements" section on google play... since they are requirements... smh...
    So we looked into the Nextbook 8, it inherently is unable to access the Google Play store, that's on Google or the company that makes the Nextbook 8. As for the Sero, spec-wise we don't see why it wouldn't be available, so we're assuming its for similar reasons.

Our requirements are on the Google Play store in the description.

I'm not sure why you seem against telling me what you purchased, justwondering, so I can see why these devices are incompatible, but unless you tell us, I really can't help you.

• merk210merk210 Registered Users 3,038 Posts
    i have a galaxy tab 3 and it constantly crashes!!
  • merk210merk210 Registered Users 3,038 Posts
    doesnt best buy have demo devices that r connected to their wifi? cant u jus try n see if its on the certain tab or or if it plays well??
  • beaverdale strutbeaverdale strut Registered Users 92 Posts
    Well rryst explain why my android os kitkat toshiba excite will not download. It meets all system requirements and even has (or says it does) gps location but says racing rivals is not compatible. Would like to play a game i spend hard earned money on with my tablet
  • TEAM SRTTEAM SRT Registered Users 6,053 Posts
    Hi all I was wondering if anyone knows how compatible or how good the game play of racing rivals is on the Samsung tab 4 8" or dell venue 8 3830? I was looking to pick one of them up. Figured I would confirm compatibility first :) thanks in advance!
    #MoparNation
    They hate us cos they ainus
    *Current vouches link https://communities.glu.com/racing-rivals/discussion/5356316/vouches-for-team-srt
  • Saint35Saint35 Registered Users 61 Posts
    So the people with the devices running the newer software and are experiencing constant crashes with the game are just going to have to give up on playing the game or is there a solution in the works?
  • plomitoplomito Registered Users 5 Posts
    When I download update 3.0 it downloads fine 100% but when its installing then it says package file invalid,,,,any help please suggestions??
  • PeppelapuePeppelapue Registered Users 11 Posts
    Just got a dell venue 8 7840 running 5.1. Game won't even start!! Any suggestions?? Would be greatly appreciated!
  • BOB_THE_EPIC_PEANUTBOB_THE_EPIC_PEANUT Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 857 Posts

Subscribed.... Despite the glitches and errors and useless excuses I've been trying to find a tablet that will play the game as well... pretty sad when you have to research to see who's android version works (I have found 4.1.2 to work somewhat well) just to play the game on a decent device

Samsung galaxy tab 3 works also you could get one pretty cheap since the tab 4 has been out for a long while
    I went outside once... it was aweful
  • BOB_THE_EPIC_PEANUTBOB_THE_EPIC_PEANUT Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 857 Posts
    TEAM SRT said:

Hi all I was wondering if anyone knows how compatible or how good the game play of racing rivals is on the Samsung tab 4 8" or dell venue 8 3830? I was looking to pick one of them up. Figured I would confirm compatibility first :) thanks in advance!

^^
    I went outside once... it was aweful
  • PeppelapuePeppelapue Registered Users 11 Posts
    I'm getting the startup screen. Nothing but black screen after!!
  • freddie0683freddie0683 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 164 Posts
    My LG Tablet isnt compatibe with racing rivals now either. It was before the update it was fine.
  • freddie0683freddie0683 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 164 Posts
    LG G Pad F 7.0
  • UndeaDD3monUndeaDD3mon Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have a tab 3 and it says its not compatible but im runing the same system my friend has and hes got it whts the deal there any info