Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Reward Elite Members

WHTKNIGHTWHTKNIGHT Registered Users 26 Posts
Ok so I tried to make an edit and apparently deleted the whole post. I'll be the first to admit how shocked I am in regards to how addicting and how much enjoyment I get from playing an app... On a cell phone... For hours at a time...but Basically what this thread was about was making sure your elite members keep playing and newcomers stay. So to make a few points I think CIE is struggling to capitalize on retention of their gamers. A few things that I really struggle to understand. The rewards currently a few gems and maybe a couple hundred buck here or there is nominal at best and does nothing to increase a users ability to keep playing without digging in their pocket. There should be larger, greater, and more impact-full rewards or specialty rewards for hitting particular bench marks. You hit 50k street credit than you get a cool car that you can't buy in the show room for free. Every 25k points you get the best possible tune for a Camaro it whatever car etc. make it worth it for us to continue!! And 75 gems for hours of turfing and spending hundreds if not a 1000 gems or more for a single days event worth of work.... Come on help us out!!! Next I'm sure it has been brought up before but your cash packages are outrageous. I built two supras for last weekends turf, being prepared to lose one to pinks, it cost me 380k and a boat load if gems PER car to get them maxed. That's almost 100.00 of real money for two cyber cars, on a cell phone app???? I felt like such a sucker as a newbie buying a million dollars for $100.00 bucks?!?! Which by the way if your lucky you can max out two maybeeee three low class cars but then within a week of playing I found a guy that will give me 3 million for 10.00 on paypal!!! That's bad for your business, so make it reasonable! Lastly I think there should be some way to earn cash, even if it's slow, to continue playing the game and upgrade cars without spending actual dollars. Edit- on more thing I meant to mention... 2500 gems to recover an Evo8 lost to pinks.... Come on make it possible! Make it attainable. Keep your gamers playing, keep them talking about how reasonable it is which in turn will entice new-comers= more money and recognition for Racing Rivals. Which would you rather have, only 15,000 members paying once in a while for money and gems from CIE because it's so expensive to play ....or tens of thousands of millions of members paying reasonable amounts to play instead of your users trying to skirt around the system and finding "Dealers" inside the game for cars and cash and tunes. I can play hundreds of thousands if not millions of apps for hours on end and not spend a dimeeee!!! But I just so happen to be a car guy, and a competitive one at that so I beg of you, revise the nonsense. I get the business model but, economies of scale, say you'll ultimately make more money this way regardless.

Comments

• line slammed 84line slammed 84 Registered Users 459 Posts
    Finally i read common sense, good view.
  • Trilogy757Trilogy757 Registered Users 68 Posts
    Yeah I don't like the fact that every 10th level u get u get like 6 gems...lol. And the cash thing is out of control, but I get gems anyways. But I do agree with most of the sentiment especially the gem cost of a lost car. The rewards for gaining levels or reaching milestones are minute in comparison to the actual effect on the game
  • Drag532Drag532 Registered Users 844 Posts
    Please devs read this and take thought into it a LOT of racers have complained about this ad you can see we all think its outrageous you should add a poll haha i bet every answer would be yes!
  • Robbie SlydogRobbie Slydog Registered Users 1 Posts
    All that makes great sense. I have just noticed also that ios does'nt have an option of video/specail offers like android does. We get simply just "watch video". Whats that all about?? They just start playing an get gem offers i.e.. Install and play an app costing £10 an get £££££ worth of gems. Way more than the 600 max you get for putting £10 on directly! Fair?? I think not. I play everyday, waste close to £100 every month and then i discover they could get all the gems av been getting for just 10% of what i have to pay for. Despicable in my opinion.