Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Gems sale purchase glitch

Sghunt3rSghunt3r Registered Users 30 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this glitch? I waited until the $20 gem pack was on sale for +30% (1261gems) and then purchased it. It went through and when it restarted my game it stated you have purchased 970 gems instead on the 1261 I was suppose to get and sure enough I only received 970. I have sent a support ticket but have not heard back and it has been a week.

Comments

• LeonLeon Registered Users 2 Posts
    Iv been waiting 5 days for my gems still nothing sent receipt three days ago still not heard nothing
  • KawsOneKawsOne Registered Users 5 Posts
    Yea, I've experienced the same thing with the 30% more. Cie hasn't done anything about it. Just report it to apple and get your money back! It's a bait and switch the way I see it. I'm not spending another dime on this game until their customer service is up to par with apple's.
  • [RR] Sage[RR] Sage Moderators 556 Posts
    This happens when we do not get the transactionID back from Apple. Your device will ask for it each time you log in (a full login such as after a force quit). Most of the time (probably about 85% of the tickets we receive on this) this clears up within a day or so. If it doesn't and you have been logging in send us an email (mobilesupport@ciegames.com with Racing Rivals as the subject). Be sure to include a screenshot of the receipt so we can see all of the details. We will ensure you get your purchase. Note the current wait time is very long due to various issues and the holidays so you will not get a response back until the new year (if you put it in today maybe even the week after)

Current wait time is just over 5 days if it has been over a week either we answered it or we didn't get it.
  • Sghunt3rSghunt3r Registered Users 30 Posts
    Thanks for your reply sage, I received a reply from RR telling me to contact apple ???? This was obviously a glitch in the software, not an apple issue. I have spent a good bit of money on this game and if this is the support I can expect, I will play without spending real money. Thanks.
  • LeonLeon Registered Users 2 Posts
    How do I report it to Apple anyone?
    Depending on what you asked for you would certainly be redirected there. If you asked for a refund for instance those can only be done by Apple through their appstore/itunes. We would also need the transaction ID which you can only get by contacting Apple (if the transaction hasn't gone through we haven't received it and for some reason they do not show it to you in your receipts/summaries they give you 2 other codes which do not relate to anything on our end). We will ensure however that you do receive the gems or cash that you paid for one way or another.
  • Sghunt3rSghunt3r Registered Users 30 Posts
    Sage, I have sent you a pm. Thanks.
  • Eman19Eman19 Registered Users 12 Posts
    I am having the same issue. I posted on another page on January 1, haven't heard back from anyone. I just sent an email to the address listed above, please process a refund or have this fixed as soon as possible. Thank you.
  • GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    This is the only reason why I haven't bought gems. Has this issue been fixed for other users? I want to buy a gem package but I don't want to wait weeks to get it.
  • VzlexieVzlexie Registered Users 2 Posts
    I don't think the issue is fixed as I purchased my first gem package today and my account still hasn't been credit despite being paid for. Admin what is happening with this???? Why do I not have my purchase????
    This is a pretty rare occurrence. We see about 10-20 reports a day which is less than 10% of the emails we receive and even less of a percentage than the total number of transactions. Since we do not receive anything until we get the transactionID from Apple it is challenging to track down. We will ensure that you get what you purchased but it can take some time.
    What exactly does "some time" mean? Sorry, but it is absurd that a purchase takes this long to update. While I am not a programmer, I do work in IT and understand there would be technical issues, but for this long? Why does no other app (that I've used) have this issue? Any time I purchased a pack it comes through just about immediately. This Wednesday will be 1 week since I purchased the $19.99 gem pack! And why hasn't anyone responded to my 2 emails I sent (one on Friday and a follow up today)??
    The current wait time on emails is about 14 days. We have had a higher than expected volume combined with being out of the office for holidays. The some time is due to that. We cannot force Apple to give us the transaction ID but we will ensure you get what you purchased even if we have to manually add it until the transaction completes. To do that though we need a screenshot of the purchase from your itunes or a screenshot of the receipt. If you sent in the email last Wednesday you are probably looking at early next week as a response time.
    Thank you. I will touch base again by next Wednesday for a status update if nothing has changed.
  • GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    I just purchased a gem package and I received it as soon as I bought it
  • ESPESPESPESP Registered Users 176 Posts
    I also bought the $19.99 gem pack because it was 30% more gems.

I never received the extra 30%, but I didn't worry too much about it because I didn't know this forum existed at the time and I didn't know whom to contact.

I am not worry about this now, I just want my user profile back so I can race again.
    Send us an email ESPESP with the transaction details and we will make sure you get the extra gems you should have.

[QUOTE=[RR] Sage;n16002]Send us an email ESPESP with the transaction details and we will make sure you get the extra gems you should have.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how to supply you with the transction details other than supply you with a screen dump of the date and time I paid for the gems from my bank account.

I can't provide proof on the day that there was indeed a special 30% extra gems on though, so you will have to take my word for it to give me the extra 300+ gems or so that I never received.

I will find the credit card transaction via my online banking now and email it through mate.

But.......................PLEASE help me sort my account out first. I need racer ESPESP back online mate asap mate. ;)
  • VzlexieVzlexie Registered Users 2 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Sage;n15343]The current wait time on emails is about 14 days. We have had a higher than expected volume combined with being out of the office for holidays. The some time is due to that. We cannot force Apple to give us the transaction ID but we will ensure you get what you purchased even if we have to manually add it until the transaction completes. To do that though we need a screenshot of the purchase from your itunes or a screenshot of the receipt. If you sent in the email last Wednesday you are probably looking at early next week as a response time.[/QUOTE] I sent a email last week with a screen shot of the purchase from iTunes. Waiting on reply
    It's now day 13 and I still don't have my updated gems!! What is going on?? I've reached out to Apple requesting they respond with either a fix or a refund. This is completely absurd, I do not understand why this is still an issue and I have NEVER had this problem with any other app developer EVER. You're STILL waiting on Apple to send you the transaction details? What happened to manually updating my gems like you stated you would? Sad that such a great game has such a horrendous flaw. Needs to get fixed ASAP otherwise you will continue to receive negative 1 or 2 star reviews like you have been in the App Store. So can this be fixed or not??
    Just log in to itunes and take a screenshot of the purchase history that includes the Racing Rivals purchase. Attach that to your reply or if you haven't sent one in send it to mobilesupport@ciegames with the subject of Racing Rivals with the screenshot attached.

[QUOTE=[RR] Sage;n17313]Just log in to itunes and take a screenshot of the purchase history that includes the Racing Rivals purchase. Attach that to your reply or if you haven't sent one in send it to mobilesupport@ciegames with the subject of Racing Rivals with the screenshot attached.[/QUOTE]

Done now, thanks Sage.
    I sent my email with the screenshot of my purchase from iTunes last Thursday. Any progress?
    A phone number for CIE support?
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Racing Rivals does not have Phone Support unfortunately. We only have a billing line for Nitto 1320 Legends. All support for Cie Games is done through emails.

As Sage said, our current turnaround time is now 12-13 days. So if you emails us less than 12-13 days ago, we would not have been able to answer it yet.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Anything, guys?? Don't you think its ridiculous that I've waited 26 days for a resolution? What is the hold up?
    Did you respond to your own email? If you reply to it the reply date will be updated with your latest reply (and that would put it at the back of the queue). We do not have any tickets over 12 days right now so either we didn't get it, we answered it or you have been resetting the time.
    We understand it is frustrating to wait this long for an answer. It is certainly not the level of support we would like to be giving and we are working as hard as we can to catch up. Glad to hear we were able to get your issue resolved.