Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Which Class R free car should I choose?

The Red ViperThe Red Viper Registered Users 150 Posts
I'm relatively new to the game as this is my third day playing, and know little about cars outside of the basics meaning I lack the knowledge of how to tune and race most cars, but I'm learning as I go and paying attention to tips I find posted here and through other players.

I just entered into the R series in campaign and I'm not sure which car to pick, the Mazda RX-7 GT, Scion FR-S Rspec, or the Viper GTS-R? I'm looking for a car that'll not only be good for the campaign but also actually have a realistic chance online against other racers when tuned properly.

I know many of you here have whole collections of cars and ten different ways to tune them haha, maybe you could help a new guy out with making this decision, and if possible, perhaps private message me a good tuning setup for the car? If so, I'll keep it to myself I assure you, I'd just like to finally have a car that I stand a chance with.

To those who reply and choose to help me out, thank you and I appreciate your time!

Comments

• Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    Rx7 spec hands down it will smoke the other 2 when maxed.
  • The Red ViperThe Red Viper Registered Users 150 Posts
    I had a feeling it'd be the Rx7, I've sat in on lobbies and seen some pretty incredible ones tear up the track. I'm glad to see someone replied so quickly, I've been kinda sitting here on the selection screen lol. If you or anyone reading this knows of a good tuning setup for the Rx7 please message me and let me know!

Part of my drive to have such a good car is to smoke my two friends who've been playing longer than I have and keep rubbing their times in my face, one of them only started a day before me but has spent like $70 to afford a little help along the way so I'm pretty eager to beat him as I learn my ways around each car. Thanks again for the tip, and once more thanks in advance to anyone whose kind enough to share a speedy setup with me. Maybe I'll see some of you in game, who knows.
  • theoktonytheoktony Registered Users 34 Posts
    none of em as it is almost guaranteed someone will swindle it out of you using a hack, exploit or bug within a week anyway
  • The Red ViperThe Red Viper Registered Users 150 Posts
    I consider myself a careful person, play things close to the chest instead of loose at the sleeve. It won't be until I feel like I've really mastered my car that I'll begin even considering racing for pinks or getting into situations that can compromise what I've worked for. I've come across a few scammers and such already, people trying any little trick they can to get something out of others. Always a bad side to a good thing.