Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

App won't even start

Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
When I tap the RRivals icon on my iPhone it shows the CIE logo for like 2 seconds then goes right back to home iPhone screen. I can't even play anymore! Letting my team down :(. There was an update this morning and I thought great!!! But it didn't change a thing. Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    tetukerentetukeren Registered Users 59 Posts
    Try to delete the app, but keep game center data.
  • Options
    [RR] Sage[RR] Sage Moderators 556 Posts
    If there is a corruption of the data on your device a reinstall of the app will correct it. Thanks for the assist tetukeren.
  • Options
    Well I am worried that ill lose my data. I have out a lot of time into my cars and don't want to start from square 1. I'm hoping it'll either resolve itself, or possibly an update will work.
  • Options
    ESPESPESPESP Registered Users 176 Posts
    I don't have my game through the game centre, will I lose my date/cars/street credit if I delete and re-install my game?
  • Options
    ElprofejcElprofejc Registered Users 6 Posts
    Same thing happened to me. But in keeping Game Center data, I got everything back after deleting and reinstalling. This glitch happens to a lot of people. Just like money disappearing. All sorts of problems with this game. And yet it's so addicting lol
  • Options
    I have an I phone and I do have gamecenter. Should I just x- out to delete the app then rebuy (free) the app to reinstall? How do I know that gamecenter has the data or is that automatic?
  • Options

Hi racerblue,

I just connected to the game centre now, but it says I haven't played the game yet.

That mean if I DO delete it, it will lose everything you think?
  • Options
    If you did not have game center associated with your account then yes when you reinstall you will have to create a new racer. Accounts are never deleted though. They don't exist on your device they exist on our servers. Once you create the new racer associate your game center account to it then send us a ticket. We can move the game center association over to your old account and help your device find it. Once the association is moved over you can load up the old racer.
  • Options

[QUOTE=[RR] Sage;n16008]If you did not have game center associated with your account then yes when you reinstall you will have to create a new racer. Accounts are never deleted though. They don't exist on your device they exist on our servers. Once you create the new racer associate your game center account to it then send us a ticket. We can move the game center association over to your old account and help your device find it. Once the association is moved over you can load up the old racer.[/QUOTE]

Thankyou very much Sage,

So I should-

1-Delete my game.
    2-Reinstall.
    3-Select a new racing name.
    4-Associate the new game with the game centre.
    5-Send you a ticket to notify you to transfer all my old cars to my new racing name/profile?

I will wait for your reply to make sure I fully understand that is what you are saying and what needs to be done.

Will I get back all my old cars and street credit and remaining gems Sage?

Thanks so much.
  • Options
    Tried it and it worked!! Deleted it and iPhone asked if I want to keep gamecenter data. After I reinstalled it the game asked if I wanted to log in as the existing user or just play. So I said ok and I have all my cars back. Only problem is I missed supercharger day and I don't have a mustang GT. Thanks Sage
  • Options
    Gavc19 wrote: »
    Tried it and it worked!! Deleted it and iPhone asked if I want to keep gamecenter data. After I reinstalled it the game asked if I wanted to log in as the existing user or just play. So I said ok and I have all my cars back. Only problem is I missed supercharger day and I don't have a mustang GT. Thanks Sage

That's great to hear Gav! Happy racing mate. :)
  • Options
    ESPESP wrote: »

Thankyou very much Sage,

So I should-

1-Delete my game.
    2-Reinstall.
    3-Select a new racing name.
    4-Associate the new game with the game centre.
    5-Send you a ticket to notify you to transfer all my old cars to my new racing name/profile?

I will wait for your reply to make sure I fully understand that is what you are saying and what needs to be done.

Will I get back all my old cars and street credit and remaining gems Sage?

Thanks so much.

If your initial account was associated to a Game Center account you only have to do 1 and 2. If not then 1-4 are correct. step 5 we move your game center association to the original account (we can't move cars or coins so whatever you do on the new one you will not have access to once we move the game center over). When you load up the game after it is associated you can load the correct racer just as it was before your device stopped recognizing it.
  • Options
    It has happened about 5 times now, twice in two days. Annoying but fixable with a delete and reinstall. Grrrrr, wasting time though