Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Incorrect stats, visual or what?

RumbaarRumbaar Registered Users 307 Posts
I've been working on an offline car tuning tool. Very time consuming, started on the Nissan GT-R.

Now overall stats from various installs don't line up to totals or as displayed.

Here is an example from Drivetrain line.

Pro 3 installed and the end totals as displayed
fetch?id=157228&type=full

Remove down to Stage 2
fetch?id=157229&type=full

Now which is the wrong statistic?

Total weight 3125.5? The reduction of -2.3? or the end result of total weight 3123.3?

As 3125.5 - 2.3 = 3123.2 and not the indicated 3123.3

I've found other items that have this issue too, on their statistics. Exhaust Pipe & Muffler, but I've only just started and limited to what I've installed Pro line items on this car. I'd assume this is across both platforms, but don't have installed on a iOS device.

Comments

• RumbaarRumbaar Registered Users 307 Posts
    Found the same for Blow-Off Valve. On a base GT-R +1.0 for power increase. But with a Pro1 installation and the power increase for Stock->Stage 1 is +0.9

Axle/Drive Shaft On base GT-R +0.8 for weight. But with a Pro 3 install the same Stock->Stage 1 is now +0.7
  • lrmest1991lrmest1991 Registered Users 864 Posts
    phone game bro….. phone game
    lrmest1991 wrote: »
    phone game bro….. phone game
    Bug report bro, bug report.

Also if its wrong in one place, its wrong in others. But to those that enjoy it, enjoy making great tunes. Or put real world money on the line, I'd think they'd want the best possible game or at least work with right information.

But thanks for your constructive input.

The reason I care, is I'm trying to make offline tuning tool. See total cost of a tune, values changed and power to weight, etc.
    It appears visual, as I get it in the Honda Civic SI Clutch. Stage 1 indicates -5.3 weight reduction for the install, but it only takes -5.2.

• Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    Interesting find, great job!
    Mud Digger wrote: »
    Interesting find, great job!
    Thx, but the more I look the more I find ...

I've looked at 6 items on this car and 5 of them have errors. From Power, Torque and Weight displayed incorrectly or calculated incorrectly. It's really something that should never get out of Q&A stages.

Honda Civic SI

Clutch
    Stage 1

Transmission
    Stage 1

Fuel System
    Stage 1
    Pro 3

Exhaust Pipe & Muffler
    Stage 1

Intake Manifold
    Stage 1
    Interesting to read of the DEV's talk of unified code base for cross platform integration. But it seems a vast amount of QA (Quality Assurance) is missed on the most basic of information.

Working on the BMW M3, Stage 1 items and find of the 24 Stage 1 items, 14 of them have errors. That's 58% of them!

All of these have issues with one or more of their stats. So putting those displayed stats into your power to weight calculators at face value will result in incorrect answers. I've found these errors in Pro parts too, on other cars.

Supercharger Kit Stage 1
    Clutch Stage 1
    Transmission Stage 1
    Camshaft Stage 1
    Crankshaft Stage 1
    Displacement Stage 1
    Engine Head Stage 1
    Fuel System Stage 1
    Catalytic Converter Stage 1
    Exhaust Pipe & Muffler Stage 1
    Header Stage 1
    Intake Kit Stage 1
    Intake Manifold Stage 1
    Throttle Body Stage 1
    A big one, the Transmission Stage 1 of the BMW M3 is adding 2.1 to engine stress. When it doesn't even have that stat to add!
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    The m3 is strange for sure.. But the trans has always been like that, the stage 1 and 2 add stress while the pro reduces.
    Mud Digger wrote: »
    The m3 is strange for sure.. But the trans has always been like that, the stage 1 and 2 add stress while the pro reduces.
    Ah, but it has no display and seems to be the only car that added engine stress for the transmission. Can't even see what it's adding, until it's been added.

But thanks for the info. Now is it as designed, or a fault that's never been fixed? Either way, it should be redesigned to display what's it's adding to a car.

Also, can the admins please fix the forum formatting to work in this section?!
    Mazda RX-8 error list, Stage 1 items.

Turbo Kit Stage 1
    Supercharger Kit Stage 1
    Flywheel Stage 1
    Apex Seals Stage 1
    Corner & Side Seals Stage 1
    Fuel System Stage 1
    Rotor Stage 1
    Side Housing Stage 1
    Exhaust Pipe & Muffler Stage 1
    Header Stage 1
    Intake Kit Stage 1
    Intake Manifold Stage 1
    Throttle Body Stage 1
    I think it's rounding issues. On the Mazda it seems when multiple items are combined you get different totals. Which would indicate visually say 3.9 is in fact 3.85 or some other figure beyond a single decimal point.
    Okay here is the complete list of all upgrade items on the Honda Civic SI. I think I'll give up bothering. The biggest one was the Turbo Kit, which prior to install showed certain stats, then once installed was even more wrong 2.5 less HP, plus Torque and Weight was out. It's a mess and QA doesn't seem to care, the developers don't the player base. Meh

Turbo Kit
    Stage 1

Supercharger Kit
    Stage 1

Clutch
    Stage 1

Transmission
    Stage 1

Cam Gear
    Stage 2
    Pro 1

Camshaft