Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

New Community Manager

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Greetings Programs…er Racers!

As the headline says, we have a new Community Manager here at Cie Games…

And that person is me! Yay me! Yes, I just cheered for myself. Feel free to cheer me on wherever it is you are…. Or not.

This is why my name changed from Ryystron to Ryyst (as some or none of you have noticed). I have been known as Ryyst on all our other forums so I changed it here to match everything else. I wish it was a more interesting story like I was handed the Matrix of Leadership and went from Ryystron to Ryyst like when Hot Rod became Rodimus Prime, but no, I’m not that cool… and I’m not a Transformer.

Quick Bio, I’ve been in the Video Game Industry for a little over 10 years. I started as a guide for a Text Based MMO, or MUD (Multi-user Dungeon) back in the day. I then went on to be a Game Master for an MMO which rhymes with POW. Later became a Senior GM for same said game. I was there for 7 years before I came to Cie Games in which as many of you know, I was a Customer Service Rep. Now I am the Community Manager for all of Cie Games.

What does that mean? Beats me!
Seriously though, I’ll be knee deep in most if not all of Cie Games social media identities. So yes, that means the various forums for our present and future games, the Facebook pages of our games. I’ll also be on Twitter! I’ll be looking into other things like Instagram, Pinterest, Google +, Tumblr and whatever else I may find out there.

I want to find new ways of engaging you, the players, not just on the forums, but outside as well. So contests with prizes, in-game events, yadda yadda, whatever my little mind can think of…. and they let me do.

Hey Ryyst, what about Lutz and Foxx?
They are still here except they will be focusing on their actual main jobs which is fixing the game and creating new features. That’s what you’d rather they do right? Of course it is! They will probably chime in from time to time, say hi, maybe give an update on what they are doing, but not as much as they have. So I’ll be around full time, helping out when I can. Reporting issues to our dev team, investigating weird things, telling you about what I had for lunch, basically I am going to be a part of this community.

So I’ll be upfront, that probably will mean I’m gonna get PMs like crazy, I will do my best to try and answer them, but I may not get to them all quickly. So I will say, if it’s an account specific issue, you should put in a ticket first as I’ll probably tell you to do that anyway. If you are having forum issues, yes, let me know. If major stuff is going on in game, put in a ticket, post about it and PM me, and I’ll investigate.

Additionally I’m gonna try and streamline the forums a bit, maybe lay some ground rules about spamming, bumping, thread necromancy and language. I also will start consolidating all the information Lutz and Foxx have posted into one spot (or at least the more recent ones) so that it’s all easy to find. I’ll also be laying down some rules for our MODs

So yeah, as you can see, I can get long winded.

For now, you can find me on:

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/CGRyyst
Twitter - @cgryyst

Not much on there yet as I just created them but I hope to update them with stuff.
More to come soon!

Ryyst

End of Line
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

This discussion has been closed.