Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Server Reroll?

R311R311 Registered Users 221 Posts
Rant - Was up to 50k points on the turbo event ALONE before the whole error 500 came up.. Some players can hit 5-10k pts in an hour.. And the server has been down for 6hrs now? Thats a minimum potential of 30k pts unearned per player.. 600k per Team...

One Possible Solution - As the error 500 is Not a Universal problem then it shouldnt have a Universal Impact..

Why a reroll - There are players Unable to turf, while others however are able to.. Thats a complete unfair advantage that should not be tolerated at all by any company standards relating to server wide events with shared Start Stop times...

A server reroll to abt 6hrs - 8hrs ago would be the fares thing to do for EVERYONE with an added extension to this turf event's end-time..

Conspiracy Theory - Unless cie/glu is trying to control who shouldnt get points this turf, and localising the error to a set of IPs outside their prefered range, (possible seeing the price those wrapped phantoms are going to cost on forums.. cause staff do play or have "friends" with itchy backs now who plays).

Curious - 1. What were the shared criterias of those w/wo Error 500?

Comments

• stroddastrodda Registered Users 235 Posts
    Im pretty sure its not a conspiracy, especially considering I cant get on either and Im not even on a team.

Maybe we should all keep making more posts complaining about it, that'll make the issue go away quicker!
  • R311R311 Registered Users 221 Posts
    More Conspiracy - u working on the server side bro? U know i dont even talk to the accounting people where i work.. much less the IT staffs.. Maybe noone cut u in on the deal dude.. Uve been missing out big bro!! Big!! Lol
    BTW, the conspiracy theory is just for Play.. The Main Subject to my thread is for a complete Server Reroll to about 6-8hrs ago or whenever the Error 500 began to prop up earlier..

please dont deviate away from the subject to focus on useless tid bits which was only included for Play ;)
  • xx THUNDERSTRUCK xxxx THUNDERSTRUCK xx Registered Users 189 Posts
    You do make a valid point about the unfairness of some being able to race and some not. I've been unable to race since 3pm est, almost 6 hours now. I don't buy into a conspiracy but agree it's BS!
    They're not going to do anything, they never do. In the end any action taken will be unfair to a certain group. If they give a reroll to appease you and others that couldnt race, they're gonna piss off those that could play and have earned along the way. And then we will see all these threads complaining about "error 500" turn into an influx of complaints about points lost.
    Bottom line, deal with it, life goes on.
    Lol those that earned while others are offline arent earning those points Fairly anyways.. Who are they farming pts off? Spare accounts they just added??

A point is fairly earned through racing same leveled opponents.. Wheres the competition at now? Those points earned during this time isnt worth nothing in any competition standard..

Seriously? They going to wine for losing points earned unfairly? Points earned through a clear unfair advantage? Lol for shame!!

I HATE YOU MATT DAMON!!!!

Hahaha yeahhh still ranting.. Im fine.. Just boredddddd
    "Hahaha yeahhh still ranting.. Im fine.. Just boredddddd"

+1 hahaha