Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

READ FIRST: SOLUTION for Insufficient Space

Mikecart1Mikecart1 Registered Users 38 Posts
Ok guys, Bookmark this post!

Sikas Shyt and I have solved the solution and this 1 post is all you need. Stop making new threads. Yes we know this game was programmed horribly. But let's start playing this game again!

Note: This was tested on the games Sniper and Quiz Up. I haven't tried it with Racing Rivals yet because I'm still scared, but will update this post when I do! (actually hoping some others do this first lol)

====

1) Before you do anything, check that this game is listed somewhere in your Game Center app (the one that shows all the games on your device).
2) Now DO NOT ever delete a game/app by going through Settings > General > Usage > Game. Read the next steps on why.
3) The key to deleting and reinstalling where you left off is you need to get the 2nd message of Two that says "Do you want to keep achievements/data in Game Center". However, you need to click YES to the 1st message that will say "Deleting this game will delete all data and documents".
4) You only get the 1st message if you delete a game/app through Settings > General > Usage > Game. DO NOT DO THIS!
5) Instead, delete game/app by holding icon on Home Screen until it wobbles and hitting the X. You will get TWO MESSAGES. Click YES on the first. Then click KEEP on the second.
6) After your game/app is deleted, go install it again from the Store.
7) Login with the same info you used before you deleted it.
8) I just did both methods for Sniper and Quiz Up. For Sniper, I lost everything because I went through Settings > General > Usage > Game. For Quiz Up, I kept everything because I deleted from the Home Screen.

Good LUCK!

Say Thanks if I was helpful LOL! :D

Also let me know if it works for Racing Rivals. I am still scared haha!

Comments

• Options
    HazzlenuttHazzlenutt Registered Users 60 Posts
    This is not true at all! I pressed and held the app icon until it danced with the x and did not get the second message! Deleted the app because I believed that's what I was deleting from what the box said. Now ALL AND EVERY ACHIEVEMENT IVE BEEN WORKING ON FOR THE PAST 4 to 6 MONTHS IS GONE! No longer to be found in my Game Center! Fix this one Rival racing! Bet you can't!
  • Options
    Thanks for reply. That sucks. Was it in your Game Center before you deleted it? I'm going to try it with Sniper again since that is the one that didn't work correctly. I will play 1 level, delete it through the Home Screen method, and reinstall it.
  • Options
    Yes it was! I've been doing gaming for quite awhile and I see all of my other achievements and they are all still there except 1 game..RACING RIVALS! ........here is what I sent to them: Today I'm racing in a turf war when I have to walk away from the ipad for a moment. I come back to a frozen game. I try and reload when I get the error message of insufficient space on device. Unless this game requires more than 16 G of space to play then I don't need it. Ok so I read in a forum to reinstall . So I go and delete the app and wasn't given any option of keep or remove from Game Center. So I proceed. I reinstall and now ALL of my data is gone and and gone from Game Center. I've been working diligently hard every day for months now to achieve what I had. All of my cars were maxed out and upped up and fine tuned the way I wanted them and had lots of cash and was working on gems. I just received my forth day of daily points moments ago and like I said I was in a turf war. Now all is gone. I want to cry I'm so mad! What are you going to do to correct this issue and bring me back to playing this game before I spread the word like wild fire across the forums and face book and the App Store about how bogus your product is? If I'm to continue playing this then I want all of my achievements and cash and gems and cars back just like I had them! Now like I said your app didn't even give me an option to keep or remove the info from Game Center but once I deleted the app the achievements in Game Center are now gone so I'm not sure how your going to correct or give me back all the stuff I achieved. Let alone all the time I have spent to get them.
  • Options
    It's weird. I did what I said I would do with Sniper. And on reinstall, all my progress was gone again. This was AFTER I said to keep it all in the Game Center. Really confused now. No way am I deleting Racing Rivals now. I may end up breaking my phone if I don't get that 2nd message or if I reinstall and see myself starting from scratch!
  • Options
    That's how I figured out that my data was gone. The game started from the beginning! I bet makers are kicked back in their recliners enjoying the cup of tea not caring anything about what what's going on. They are collecting their dividends. Otherwise we all would be getting some type feed back from some moderator!
  • Options
    BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    I did the delete and reinstall and it worked just fine and fixed my problem but it is scary becuz u never know and also adminastrative help and trouble tickets here are nonexsistant you r on ur own !
  • Options
    Ok Guys! I finally manned up! I did it! It worked! I was scared! I decided I couldn't sleep until I tried. It is funny how a free app game on some smart phone can ruin people's lives lol. Anyways this is what I did exactly for Racing Rivals:

1) Hold RR icon on Home Screen until it shakes
    2) Hit X box
    3) When asked if you want to delete and lose all information, hit YES
    4) When asked if you want to keep Game Center info, hit KEEP
    5) Go back to App Store and reinstall - it takes several minutes
    6) Important! On first start after reinstall, you will be asked about whether to load existing profile found in Game Center, hit LOAD. Do not hit CONTINUE. You will just be creating multiple profiles and probably even more screwed.
    7) Now I'm playing and having a blast LOL!

:D
  • Options
    GONZOGONZO Registered Users 2,993 Posts
    Send CIE a ticket and they'll replace your stuff to your account.
  • Options
    ^ I already reinstalled it lol.

For everyone:

Before deleting game, the app took 1.8 GB of space.
    Now after reinstall with everything back, the app takes just 327 MB of space.

Huge improvement. It also loads 10x faster.
  • Options
  • Options
    redcivic98redcivic98 Registered Users 1 Posts
    this is only a solution if your linked to game center. if your not your still screwed
  • Options
    No not true. I have been linked to GC since say 1 and I don't have anymore data for RR. Beware! But there is ASPHALT 8 and REAL RASING 3. they have pretty comparable graphics and as far as I can tell you get to due more stuff and they have some of the same cars RR had.
  • Options
    trogdor48430trogdor48430 Registered Users 1,867 Posts
    It worked for me
  • Options
  • Options
    KlutchkiidKlutchkiid Registered Users 12 Posts
    How long does it take for them to email you back?? This is taking too long and I don't even know if they can do anything about it.. I'm still waiting for a reply.
  • Options
    KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    Is there any way to fix this without having to reinstall it? I'm not connected to wifi so I won't be able to download it again
  • Options
    BigdaddydavieBigdaddydavie Registered Users 17 Posts
    Still waiting to hear from race cat about Afro sure fix. I have sent messages all over the racing rival world and the only one who has been helping me is a fellow racer. Sikas shyt has been more accommodating and helpful than the RR support team. Thanks in advance for fixing this in a hurry in which I am sure you will do. Bigdaddydavie
  • Options
    DIG OIL 55DIG OIL 55 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Didn't work for my boys account. He was also linked to the games centre since day 1. We used his account as a test as he only recently started. I'll wait for an update for my account.
  • Options
    NYTE RYDERNYTE RYDER Registered Users 4 Posts
    Unfortunately, I have the same issue as many others. I played the game Friday evening and all was fine, I had to do something for 5 minutes so I turned the game off. When I logged back on my screen had a message to free up disk space..... I had to work out of town all weekend and just gone home and trying to figure this out! I have not deleted the app as I hope it can be fixed. I tried to visit my Game Center and it has the app Racing Rivals but it lists no achievements or goals. My NYTE RYDER ACCOUNT was from a second install after the first week I played it the game froze and would shut off so I deleted and started over. But now I have so much time invested into it and money, I DO NOT want to lose it. I hope the guys staff at Racing Rivals can help recover the info. I absolutely love this game and I feel that if it cannot be recovered, I will be so upset I do not think I would restart from the beginning. Please help!
  • Options
    DrifterDrifter Registered Users 1 Posts
    Dear Racing Rivals Team, please fix the glitch ASAP or make an update in the AppStore! Thanks!
  • Options
    CandelaCandela Registered Users 3 Posts
    I also have the same problem...insufficient disk space...i know i have 3.0 available GB on my iphone... hope i dont lose my SC over 100,000 , my cars, money or gems...Please help!
  • Options
    NormNorm Registered Users 25 Posts
    I followed the below instructions on my iPad and it worked fine and lost none of my cars. I didn't have the fourth step show up, it just deleted everything but when I re-installed it, step 6 came up and I hit LOAD on the found user account and RR has been running fine with my original account.

I have seen on their Facebook page that they are working on a fix so I guess if your not keen on trying it, probably wait a few days till they provide an update.

Ok Guys! I finally manned up! I did it! It worked! I was scared! I decided I couldn't sleep until I tried. It is funny how a free app game on some smart phone can ruin people's lives lol. Anyways this is what I did exactly for Racing Rivals:
    1) Hold RR icon on Home Screen until it shakes
    2) Hit X box
    3) When asked if you want to delete and lose all information, hit YES
    4) When asked if you want to keep Game Center info, hit KEEP
    5) Go back to App Store and reinstall - it takes several minutes
    6) Important! On first start after reinstall, you will be asked about whether to load existing profile found in Game Center, hit LOAD. Do not hit CONTINUE. You will just be creating multiple profiles and probably even more screwed.
    7) Now I'm playing and having a blast LOL!
  • Options
    Pack N PetePack N Pete Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 163 Posts
    First of all when doing this you need to make sure you have a valid Game Center account set up and linked to this game or you will lose everything. This is the whole point of having the Game Center.
  • Options
    scott8009scott8009 Registered Users 6 Posts
    yes this works just delete on home screen and add it back and push load user and ur stuff should b there mine was and ive done it 5 or 6 times
  • Options
    The method for the fix may work for some but not ALL, it did not work for me. I lost EVERYTHING! In Game Center. There were no options to keep or remove from GC. Just the "are you sure you want to delete this app" message. And when you delete just the app it took everything else with it. That was associated to it. It was nice to see somewhat of a response from a RR Administrator. But gave no insight to what it was that caused it nor how they will make things right to us for all of the hard work and time that we had invested into there addicting game. I have redownloaded the app but I have yet to even think about playing it, just in case they were able to retrieve any that will put me back to where I was when it screwed up. I was absolutely sick to my stomach and pissed as hell when this happen. I am still a little but I'm now getting some kicks out of some very delightful racing apps. Some that have just as good of graphics and it's also live racing. It's funny though it looks as if everyone is doing the weekly reward thingy now. Wonder who started that? I am also very curious should RR deciDe to do the right thing by some type of reimbursement or give our stuff back to us that we had before it's was ripped off from us like a thieves, how are they going to pinpoint and find just those that were effected? Shall be interesting to see how it all pans out. All I can say besides what I've already said before is I want my cars, my cash, my gems, my status, my achievements, everything I've been wasting my time for months on back!
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    Glad you guys found an organic solution in the meantime, fix is currently in process with Apple
  • Options
    [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    could you send me a private message with the email used to send in the ticket Klutch?