Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Is there a minimum gem count for purchasing cars?

crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
Was going to buy a VW Sirocco, for the coming turf event (3 hours away), it is 55k and no gems. Every time i try to buy it, it says i do not have enough gems to purchase. I have 206K in RR cash, but only 38 gems. Is there a minimum amount of gems you need to have to purchase cars?

Edit, Just to add. Every time i back out of the transaction, the game locks up and i need to refresh. Makes me think it's a possible glitch, or bug. Either way, i won't be able to do the next turf section, without the car

Comments

• crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I just tryed to buy a Honda CRX, 19 k RR cash, but said not enough gems. This is crap, No mention of gems till you try to buy. Is there a minimum amount you need to have to buy a car in this game? Or, Is this a glitch or bug? Been trying to get a VW Scirocco for the turf, since noon today. Guess i have to sit it out, more time to tune my supercharges ones i guess
    So much for getting answers on this forum, lost at least 5 hours of thsi turf due to the game requiring gems, for a RR cash car purchase. Just tried to purchase is again, same result, lack of coins and game locks up have to refresh. I have cleared cache and cleaned everything i can reach, with this computer.

BTW my game name is Lid Drafter 483 I'm on FB playing through my computer
  • redlinecalredlinecal Registered Users 208 Posts
    is a problem with the new update

im the same cant buy any car in showroom

hope they fix it soon this is annoying
    I see there is at least two other threads, on this subject. I'm missing the VW turf segment
  • 1 darknight 11 darknight 1 Registered Users 966 Posts
    Yeah there is an issue with it. It's not you. I'm sure they will be working on it shortly. In the mean time. See if a team ate will let u borrow one. Or try to purchase from someone at your own risk.
    I don't buy anything from anyone, rarely pink anyone and my teammates don't even have any, No big deal, Tuning my supercharger entries