Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Crashing constantly

Comments

• CrizeACrizeA Registered Users 1 Posts
    Experiencing constant crashes since months now. Last week it was unplayable (1 race) and now I can race about 3 -4 races before it goes out. Its like back to where it was last month for me. Im playing for 2 years now but I hardly play more than one hour a day since the game became unplayable for me about 2 3 months ago. It was always the same sad f story with this game. just when the competition gets hightend the game exists.

It seems like you will never fix this since I waited patiently for months now and nothing happend. (just going from bad to worse and back to bad nothing else )

this used to be a great game until last year when you screwed it up.

Anyway,

Name: CrizeARL
    iphone 4s - IOS 7.1 dont even try to tell me i should upgrade the ios because ur wrong
    3gb free space
    zoom off
    reinstalled 4 times and its a f drag to wait for game takes 3gb on the phone.
    constant exits from game in race mode regardless of location (turf, mp, rs)
    my wifi net conn is ok its not my devices fault.

Fix it already its ridiculous,
  • BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    Still crashing much worse during turf or showdown sometines during non turf just running multi i might make as many as 40-50 consecutive runs and not crash but during turfl showdown crashes almost every run reloaded does not help
    Iphone 4s
    Ios 8.3
    Same on wifi or
    Ign bikermikeyblack
  • RebirthRebirth Registered Users 202 Posts
    Mine still crashing badly..not able to play for months..if I'm lucky I get to race a couple and that's it! I spoke to a friend on mini iPad too his is crashing badly same as mine..reinstalled and installed nothing works..I'm on fibre cable network don't tell me my internet is slow:)

Ign: mafia tattoo
    Mini iPad
    iOS 8.3
    5.2gb space available
  • [RR] PhoenixX[RR] PhoenixX Moderators 1,575 Posts
    If you are still having issues with heavy crashing, please contact customer support using the "?" in game and remember to include as many details as you possible can! Thanks for the feedback guys :)
    Smh ..,,,,
  • [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    So what I am seeing is the last couple devices mentioned are (and this is ridiculous to say, but that is how fast tech goes) older devices. While they can run the game, it is definitely not going to be problem free at this point. I would wait until our next update and see if that helps things but playing on a 4, 4s, ipad, ipadmini, or ipad2 (which is why i have at home) is not going to give you the best experience any more.
  • Stoner ProblemsStoner Problems Registered Users 6,064 Posts
    I have iPod 5th gen which crashes everyday and iPad 3 which still crashes both up to date ios 8.3 I have only ONE game (racing rivals) both 32gb. What's the problem? I close all my apps, reinstall the game, restart my devices plenty of times a day and nothing...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ign: Quit Complaining
    Ign: J3T L1FE
    Ign: boosted917
  • RebirthRebirth Registered Users 202 Posts
    So now the arrow pointing to Apple saying that is the device fault? Haha I was able to play perviously, like 4-5 months ago and can put up 30-80k now I can't even do 2k lol with new device and latest iOS still crashes so where the issue really lies on??? Device or Gul?
  • RaeRae Registered Users 49 Posts
    I think Racing Rivals support for older devices a tad bit loose... I tend to use my iPad Air 2 to play Racing Rivals, but on the go I use an iPhone 4 running 7.1.2...

It's pretty laggy, and it crashes every now and then... idk if downgrading to iOS 6 will help, I doubt it. Though what I would really like to see from Glu is an optimization update. Maybe separating garages from player profiles, because some garages (Pigp3n etc.) make me crash when I try to view them. Also there should be like an option in multiplayer lobbies to view the car, instead of actually loading the car with the Race button and Add friend button when you press a players icon to race them. Those are some issues I have with Racing Rivals on iPhone 4, and if those issues would be fixed, I am 100% sure it'll help out the game on older devices. Oh and maybe add some Quality settings so we could tweak the game to run smoother? idk
    No it is not all Apple devices. Older devices are going to have problems. The ipad3 should be fine, you should contact Customer Support about that. Older devices (both android and apple) are not going to have an optimal experience in game.
  • KDAZKDAZ Registered Users 96 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Sparkle;n4623361]No it is not all Apple devices. Older devices are going to have problems. The ipad3 should be fine, you should contact Customer Support about that. Older devices (both android and apple) are not going to have an optimal experience in game.[/QUOTE]

Easy solution, stop writing code that you are well aware of that older devices will have issues with.
    And how exactly do you suppose we do that? Because once the new hotness comes out, all other phones are "older phones". Newer/Higher end devices usually provide players with a better quality of gaming. Unfortunately, there's really no way to change that.

We understand that a lot of players have been experiencing a wide variety of issues. We have our team here working literally around the clock to provide a fix. Our next update should solve this issue for most of you. However, if you are experiencing any issues in game it is always best to seek help from support. I KNOW IT TAKES A LONG TIME BUT SHUSH IT UP AND SEND IT!

Support currently has around a 7 day response wait time. Just because it takes a while to get to a response, it does not mean we are ignoring your ticket (and it's not only because we're not allowed to). We take the time to look through literally every post and msg that comes our way. And sad to say, it takes some time to take our time.

Every time you take the time to let us know about an issue, it gives us the info we need to find and fix a bug or issue. So you helping us helps us help you..if that makes sense.

Point is, we're working on it. Don't get your undies in a bunch.

(We appreciate your patience!!!!!)
  • Split51Split51 Registered Users 60 Posts
    DONT GET YOUR UNDIES IN A BUNCH??????? Great advise Pheonix considering you are telling the people whom make your paycheck to basically shut up.
    I quit playing this game nearly a year ago because of the constant crashing. Got back on a few weeks ago to start playing again only to find that not only has nothing been fixed but only made worse. I am lucky now if I can even get in a turf room to race. At least a year ago, I could run 1-3 races before a crash.
    What I am saying is you all have known about this issue for quite a while now and keep giving the same old response to contact support which fixes absolutely nothing about this issue.
    If you can't fix the problem, why not just say so instead of giving excuses.
    If I could even get online long enough to sell my 250+ cars I would.
  • Captain MayhamCaptain Mayham Registered Users 25 Posts
    Now the cashing is happening 7/8 of the time in turf, showdown and tournaments, and 1/8 in multiplayer. ( sometimes not at all)
    When you look at it, the cause maybe to much info fo the devices. The band width on wifi is 58 mg and uses 1gig of data on 2 gen iPad and is acting like the first computers. Lag and slow.
    All the info, car stats, cash, gems, buying gems or cash, your cash and gems, team stats, friends team and rr chat, lobby chats, video replays, the players menu bar, all of this needs to be in place for the game to run.
    When all this needs to be updated a.s.a.p.
    Mobile devices are not desktops, or laptops, and sometimes will disconnect, because of all of this.
    Modmanager used on jailbroken phones and tablets, can slow down the countdowns to allow perfect starts. This may also causing the problems, as no one knows who's running it.
    Since the last update the constant crashing is bak EVEN in multi which before was crash free i just deleted And reinstalled no help
    We are awareo fo this issue and it needs to be fixed on our end. The devs are already hard at work. :)

Thanks for the feedback guys. As with all major issues, we will try to have it all back up and running as we can.
  • CrizeARLCrizeARL Registered Users 18 Posts
    Still unplayable. Waiting for something to be done. Really frustrating. im ok with glitches and waiting and delayed launching and error codes BUT Fix the DAMN crashing!!

4s
    ios 7.1
    Crize ARL
    I have sent the information over to our QA team. I will follow-up with them soon. I know this is frustrating and we are working on it but a fix could take a while.
    We hope to have the issue resolved soon, but in the mean time we appreciate your patience.
    Thank you for ur hard work !
    Thanks for noticing! I'm sure the entire Rival's team appreciates it.
  • MMMMMM Registered Users 91 Posts
    Yes it takes like 5min then it craches
    One of our engineers is taking a look at these crashes, unfortunately there is no obvious commonality so things are taking longer than we would like, but this issue is receiving attention.
  • CrizeARLCrizeARL Registered Users 18 Posts
    Didnt play since weeks.. Hoping it will resolve. Glad to hear its ongoing
    Fear not, the RIvals team is working on it! Thanks for the patience.
    This is really frustrating no fix no nothing I'm using a i pod 5 with ios 8.4 I've sent 2 tickets and nothing now the game crashes every time i do a race even when i look in my friends profile to join them also since the new update the music in the game disepierd and i have it all the way to the top i even deleted and reinstalled the game and it makes the problem worse i hope you fix this and don't say to send a ticket becouse i all ready send 2
    I just sent a big list of people crashing to our QA and dev teams today. I know they are looking into this, unfortunately it is not going to be a quick fix.

I understand your frustration and we want to have things working better as soon as possible.
  • Ricardore94Ricardore94 Registered Users 31 Posts
    null
    Bro my app still not working
    We're still working on it. Thanks for the feedback.
    Ok the problem with the crashing after one race fixed but now every time that i race or go to see if any of my friends are online it says unable to complete action (-11) what is that i can't play the game becouse of that it makes me restart and then restart again