Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Android crashing after each race

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
We previously believed this was an issue with lower end devices, however we have discovered it was an issue with the current OS Lollipop. We are currently working to resolve the matter, however it will require another game update.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• dafoededafoede Registered Users 37 Posts
    Any kind of eta? a few days, weeks, hours, months?
  • Rallypig31Rallypig31 Registered Users 28 Posts
    It has already been a month...
  • androidfilesharingandroidfilesharing Registered Users 2 Posts
    Here is what I am going to do to try and help this issue out. I am just as upset as the rest of you at the real money I have spent on this game just to not be able to play it. Here is my current setup:

DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy S 5
    Is this Reproducible? YOU BET YOUR A$$ IT IS

Here is my plan.
    1. Downgrade to Android 4.4.2
    2. Test the game (I am expecting it to work but checking anyways)
    3. Reload Android 5.0.2
    4. Download the latest update
    5. Actually gather a logcat which is something I haven't seen any whiners doing yet.
    6. Report that to the team

Wish me luck!!
    So you are doing a factory reset on your phone? Some of us came preloaded with 5.0 like me. I can't downgrade my OS. The issue is 5.0 and the 3.2 update do not mesh. Please also report back if it has worked for you and exactly how you did it.
  • androidfilesharingandroidfilesharing Registered Users 2 Posts
    No. I by nature hack anything with a processor. My S5 had the factory firmware for about 10 minutes and then I started making my own ROMS for it. I can go back and forth in a matter of minutes. To update everyone, as I suspected, going back to 4.4.2 fixed the issues with the game. This is definitely something to do with the ART runtime which really sucks because that can really prolong a lot of developers updates. I am going to get a log right now of the point in time failure and post it here.
  • Trackah123Trackah123 Registered Users 5 Posts
    This is definitely something to do with the ART runtime

I believe Android 5.0 (when it just came out), still had the ability to switch between ART and Dalvik runtime settings in "Developer Options" of the phone's settings menu. This ability was removed when Android 5.0.1 and higher came out (it was forced to ART Runtime).
    If someone still has this older version, he should try the game out with both runtime modes.

choosing_art.png?1386071920
    I am on android 5.0 verizon on a galaxy s5. I do not have the option for the Dalvik or ART. I hope the admins see this and maybe can use this to help them get this sorted out. A lot of us have been patiently waiting for almost a month now to have this fixed. My game did work for 2 races last week without closing for some reason. But after the 3rd race I did, it crashed and has still been the same since then. I really hope they work on this.
    I am on android 5.0 verizon on a galaxy s5. I do not have the option for the Dalvik or ART. I hope the admins see this and maybe can use this to help them get this sorted out. A lot of us have been patiently waiting for almost a month now to have this fixed. My game did work for 2 races last week without closing for some reason. But after the 3rd race I did, it crashed and has still been the same since then. I really hope they work on this.
  • Shadey960Shadey960 Registered Users 9,345 Posts
    Its not only lollipop its also kitkat. Im running a 4.4.2 S3 Att and I get the 500 error loading the game and after every race even pinks

• STERLINGBEAST50STERLINGBEAST50 Registered Users 23 Posts
    I really hope this gets resolved soon. I have spent allot of real actual cash to play this game and now I am missing out on everything. no races for quite some time. My team has had all the best scorers leave because some of us cant race in wars. Been a very bad thing. Spending the money I did to play this game might not be allot for some but is enough for me.
    Shadey960 wrote: »
    Its not only lollipop its also kitkat. Im running a 4.4.2 S3 Att and I get the 500 error loading the game and after every race even pinks
    Your issue is not the same as the one that we are getting with 5.0. I get this same issue on my tab 3 7.0 running 4.4.2 but I just hit retry and it continues to work just fine. Report this in the "?" and give them a screen shot so they can look at it.
    4 turfs now we have missed with this bug...either get your... In gear, give us updates about the fix progress would be nice, an actual update window, or start refunding every cent that those of us have dropped into this game that are having this issue, this is beyond ridiculous now or do we have to start threatening with a lawsuit? Get your shit together
  • azrullazrull Registered Users 29 Posts
    [RR\ Ryyst : any ETA for Android updates?
  • jecruz26jecruz26 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Any update on this? Still having same issue...Moto X 2nd Gen with 5.0
  • Facough127Facough127 Registered Users 5 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n3642296]We previously believed this was an issue with lower end devices, however we have discovered it was an issue with the current OS Lollipop. We are currently working to resolve the matter, however it will require another game update.

We apologize for the inconvenience.[/QUOTE]

I krep getting game reloading error 500 then your account has been updated restart? Wth???
  • Shake N BreakShake N Break Registered Users 292 Posts
    I'm running android 5.0.1 on my sprint LG G3. The game will crash after every race but if I clear data and make a new account the game runs just fine. Maybe that can be of some help. Doesn't make much sense to me though
    I'm running android 5.0.1 on my sprint LG G3. The game will crash after every race but if I clear data and make a new account the game runs just fine. Maybe that can be of some help. Doesn't make much sense to me though

so if you do that have you been able to use any device to lose your old cars to your new account? I have to lose the 90+ cars I have spent so much money on
  • Trackah123Trackah123 Registered Users 5 Posts
    New patch came out today, now it works, no more crashes after race :)
    yup all good except for one lost car and the lost time but working now!
    Yup can confirm even on android 5.1 its working now, but I really hope there will be more than the 40 gems for the server issues for compensation, it took 30 days to fix sorry but that is unacceptable specially for the amount of money people pout into this gane...in that 30 days my team has disbanded, there's turf cars or showdown cars I could have had a chance to win, let's not forget we also lost out on the chance to buy the limited edition 3rd anniversary BMW since I was afraid to lose cash or gems or the car cause of the crashing issue
  • spark6spark6 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Still the same problem .. I'm cannot open racing rivals game for my tab androids lollipops 5.0 .. do you have any solution ?