Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Making Turf Wars Fair

JohnnyG-123JohnnyG-123 Registered Users 112 Posts
It needs to be changed so that when someone quits a team the points they earned will be deducted from the team. You have teams using way more than the 20 player limit. Players will sign out when they go to bed and another player will sign on and keep making points.

Comments

• roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    Or lock the teams once turf wars start, until prize are given...
  • ESPESPESPESP Registered Users 176 Posts
    It needs to be changed so that when someone quits a team the points they earned will be deducted from the team. You have teams using way more than the 20 player limit. Players will sign out when they go to bed and another player will sign on and keep making points.

Wow! I would have NEVER thought of doing that!!

People certainly are keen to win TW aren't they?
  • deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    I honestly stopped playing turf wars for the simple reason that even if you're the top 25 teams and say your team gets a prize car it hardly seems worth the effort and gems put in to get the points to get a car most already have with some graphics (stickers) on it. Or to get 30-50 gems outside of the top 25 teams? um no thanks. Not worth the effort or money. I get that many are excited about it but once you get a prize car you realize wow that really wasn't worth all that effort. To me at least. It gets old after awhile but i still really like racing in general.
  • WDN4LWDN4L Registered Users 46 Posts
    I definitely agree to this suggestion. Cie needs to put a lockout during turf wars.
  • [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    see what had made it so your points went to 0 when moving to a new team, but the old team would keep the old points. The things you guys find to manipulate.
    we, dont wanna lock teams because they organically form during turf wars. As for losing points when leaving a team, the danger behind this is people using that fact as a weapon "give me this or I will leave", "play this much or we'll kick you". So far the solution we are messing with is a cooldown, if you leave a team you cannot re-join for x amount of days. But there are problems with this, if they are locked out they would just transfer the cars to a different account and jump on with that. The top spots in Turf Wars are coveted and the racers will always find ways to push around the rules. Feel free to drop any suggestions you want and we can talk about it
  • razoorrazoor Registered Users 101 Posts
    I have a solution , only let each team have 20 point slots. For example: if a team rotated 30 people in and out, only the people on team at end of turf count. If fewer than 20 are still on team then the remaining spots would be the top points for the exited players till 20 spots are filled
    yea, were looking at just calculating those in the team at the end of TW
  • POSTMAN PATPOSTMAN PAT Registered Users 95 Posts
    Don't envy you guys. That's a lot of algorithms !
  • LegendMaskLegendMask Registered Users 406 Posts
    Ok how about the following: - once the turf war starts only (20) players could be registered to the team until end of turf. - incase they are less than (20) and the team is still forming then, the remaining spots are available for registration for team turf war points. - if a player gets kicked out of the team, then the points are gonna be transferred with him and taken out of the team. - if the players decides to leave the team, then he loses the points and it will be kept for the team, and the team gains one new spot for registration in order to make it up... I think that should be fair both parties, it might not be the perfect solution but I hope its a good start pointer
  • kenzy2612kenzy2612 Registered Users 37 Posts
    hey lengend how are u i need a new car do u have a extra car for free that i can have racing rivals a the team is falling i feel bad for them
  • kenzy2612kenzy2612 Registered Users 37 Posts
    i agrre on that
  • EnyaliusEnyalius Registered Users 5 Posts
    No matter what system you put in, they will find a way to abuse it unless you are strict, I personally would make it very simply, At the end of the turf the only points that count are the points the members of the team put up for that team.

So if Fred is racing for team B and put up 5k points and the team is on 50k points, but he gets replaced for Tom who then puts up 15k points but Tom is replaced for Fred as Fred is the brother of the leader 1 hour before the end of the turf, then all of toms points shouldn't count for that team, his 15k points should be replaced by Fred's 5k points.

This will stop a lot of teams using sleeping cells in order to boost their team, I know a few teams that do one of them following.
    A) When someone goes to work or sleep, they are replaced but someone else who is able to race, and so on, like a rotation system. so they have like 20 people in the states and 20 in England so when one group is sleeping the other group is racing all under the same team name.
    B) They account share, they remove RR from their ipad, tablet or whatever, and sign in from facebook to get on an account, however 2 or 3 people all use the same account to push the points.its a rotation of players that makes it unfair on everyone else.

I would love to see how many points people get if a teams points at the end of the turf are only made up by those who are in the team and the points they earned for that team, it would stop so many problems, people randomly being kicked for a ffriend to get the car, and teams swapping players in and out.
  • MrToddMrTodd Registered Users 790 Posts
    Easy way to solve this and Glu still get Money out of it? Make ppl spend gems to get in any Team...I have nothing else to say..
  • killa tr3ykilla tr3y Registered Users 4 Posts
    Looking to sell or trade javellin sat with blower ign xx s3xytsilightz xx