Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

The Tie "Glitch"

2Next

Comments

• crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    The problem is easy to fix. You (the player) are resposable of your connection and your device. If the game detect anormal thing, connection problem or whatever: You loose that it. like it was before. I remember a time when iphone player doing a lot of glitch too with theire connection. closing the app for apple wasn t a solution so i dont know why its a solution for facebook player.

I agree, If you click off screen you auto lose, I hope they go that way.

But i've heard a rumor, that the FB app will be closed. It's on one of the sales pages, according to a good friend. I hope it's a false rumor, but if it's true, i Need to know. And need time to move my cars to another account, Not complaining, just looking for clarification. because i need time to move all of my cars to a second account (80+ cars). Unless they remove the restriction, to allow an exodus from FB. As i said, a little help in the info would be helpful. I probably won't ever play again, if FB is eliminated. But having my account safe just in case, is what i want right now. All i want is a little info please.

[QUOTE=[RR] Ryyst;n3951579]Hello all,

Its pretty apparent that most players are upset about the recent increase in "Tie Results" and we hear you.

Let me start by explaining exactly what is going on.

Months ago, we had a system in the game where it checks data for anything that was off, or didn't match our records. Data that players may have changed to try and cheat the system. If our checks came up with something that didn't match, we would "Disqualify" the racer or DQ as it became known as. That would mean the racer with the "mismatched" data would lose.

Now, due to quality of connections, issues with devices etc, many people who lost to DQs complained that they didn't cheat. We conceded that it was possible certain discrepancies were caused by device/connection issues in some of these cases. The player base demanded it be changed. So we listened and we did change it. Instead of losing, a "DQ" result ends in a tie. Since we couldn't 100% say that a racer was cheating, we figured the best solution would be that no one won. A tie result means no one wins, no one loses. No one uses a boost and no one gains engine damage. Basically, it's as if the race never happened.

So currently, something we think is a cheat, becomes a tie.Why don't we just ban/make players lose instead. Because you told us not to. To be fair, it's because we also cannot determine if these "discrepancies" mean someone is cheating or if its something wrong with a connection or due to an older device.

A few weeks ago we learned that some players who apparently don't know how to play a game properly, started using third party programs to give them unfair advantages when racing. In other words, these players were cheating because they were either afraid their race skills were super sub-par or they were evilly greedy because they wanted to take your stuff. (Can you tell how much I love these losers?)

Because of that we changed it so that if you were playing Rivals on Facebook and you "clicked" outside the Rivals window during a race, you DQed. Meaning, it ended in a Tie.

What we did not foresee, (because we think highly of our players) is that some players would use this to their advantage. So, they started doing this to make sure they didn't lose. Awesome right?

So once again, because some players don't have the skillz to beat you legitimately, they resort to "cheating" to gain an advantage because apparently playing a game is too hard for them, we are looking at different options. Unfortunately, any change we make may require another update so it will take time.

You can thank these players or rather, non-players for this.They're just afraid of all you legit racers.

- Ryyst

[/QUOTE]

RYYST, How were they inducing the glitch? I tried to induce the glitch with a teammate, he's on a phone, me a laptop. I clicked outside the window (borders, other adds ECT.), no glitch. I then, while racing, clicked my Gadwin Print screen and accepted the screen shot. Two actions, while racing outside the game window, while working a third party program, no glitch. I'm on a computer and can't induce the glitch. I really do think it's connection, or possible server issues. I tried everything, i could think of and could not induce the glitch. I honestly think the problem, is on your end. Unless i don't have the magic program, that causes the glitch.

Not trying to sway the conversation, just pointing out my finding, with what i know and tried
  • DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    I think it might be fixed now......
  • pistolapistola Registered Users 437 Posts
    thank you glu/cie/ryyst!!!!! this turf has been smooth.....
  • xJust Try ItxxJust Try Itx Registered Users 141 Posts
    Soo idk what's going on but I'm back with this problem while doing turf me and another guy were racing and pinksed the same guy I smoked the guy and it says we tied when I won by a good little bit then my friend raced same guy he raised straight pinks once again tie. Then last weekend I was in maxed viper vs maxed viper we went pinks I won it said tie so I re challenged him he raised straight pinks tie again even though I won then we raced one final time this time however since he was in front the mysterious "tie" didn't happen.... Is tie glitc back? His ign is BU4KAW he won like 40 maxed cars in one day and didn't lose once?? Kinda fishy...
    according to a friend, there is a way on droids to glitch tie. Tap the home button or the one showing connections, this has to be done before the end of the race. Since your Phone/tablet pauses, GLU gets no info from you, therefore it auto ties. Alienating 1/3 of your player base and the tie glitch still happens? Way to F up GLU